• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, I do remember having a coughing fit at the old age of 11 that lasted 3 minutes in a classroom. It was pretty embarrassing but not the end of the world, so it's such bullshit that this is a thing.

It was probably cancer and you probably didn't survive, so I'm not voting for you for POTUS

Diablos

MSNBC is right, notes from the FBI dropping over a holiday weekend is absurd. Timing is suspect. This was from the 4th of July. Come the F on.

Gutek

Told you guys Trump is going to rebound. The Mexico visit was a stroke of genius. He looked presidential, made Nieto look weak, and has been dominating news the last 2-3 weeks without a major scandal.

Hillary needs to make a move. She's on a downward spiral. Also, because traditional politics/optics still apply to her, that coughing fit will not be good for her. She will lose even more points.

Of course media wants their horse race, but do you think they'd actually prefer a Trump presidency? Think of the constant drama, the protests, the possible scandals and international conflicts! I think at this point they'd very much prefer for their ratings that he wins, even if it hurts a lot of people.

Diablos

Told you guys Trump is going to rebound. The Mexico visit was a stroke of genius. He looked presidential, made Nieto look weak, and has been dominating news the last 2-3 weeks without a major scandal.

Hillary needs to make a move. She's on a downward spiral. Also, because traditional politics/optics still apply to her, that coughing fit will not be good for her. She will lose even more points.
The Mexico visit was a joke, he looked Presidential for like 5 minutes and then he went back to the US and started talking shit again while Nieto called him out on Twitter

If anyone thinks that was a plus for him I feel bad for them. Did they stop paying attention at the headline where it simply said Trump met with a world leader or what

Gutek

The Mexico visit was a joke, he looked Presidential for like 5 minutes and then he went back to the US and started talking shit again while Nieto called him out on Twitter

That's like your opinion, man. A lot of pundits are saying it was good optics for Trump - even the NPR politics podcast was impressed. It might've been the pivot we all have been waiting for.

That's like your opinion, man. A lot of pundits are saying it was good optics for Trump - even the NPR politics podcast was impressed. It might've been the pivot we all have been waiting for.

A pivot where he goes ultra right wing a few hours later? Yeah, OK...

THERE IS NO PIVOT

It was pretty terrible actually, with him lying about not talking about wall payment and then doubling way down with his immigration speech, but pundits gonna pundit.

Wilsongt

It's all over. Independents falling in line for Trump. Hillary not trustworthy...

Fuck this election cycle. I wish we had Romney back. :(

Gutek

A pivot where he goes ultra right wing a few hours later? Yeah, OK...

THERE IS NO PIVOT

Disagree, that was him doing gymnastics to appease both independents/people on the fence and his racist base. It clearly worked, looking at the polls. We will see way more of that in the future.

Could have fooled me. Hillary was never going to win by 8-10 points, this is the race reverting back to before convention numbers. Also a pivot is turning away from prior views in order to try and expand your base. Going back and forth and back again within hours isn't a pivot.

Gutek

Could have fooled me. Hillary was never going to win by 8-10 points, this the the race reverting back to before convention numbers. Also a pivot is turning away from prior views in order to try and expand your base. Going back and forth and back again within hours isn't a pivot.

Which he has done on immigration.

"We are gonna deport all" to "we are gonna deport the bad ones" is a major pivot, especially when your platform basically is immigration.

Dierce

Clinton is risking it all on the debates because going out and campaigning won't improve anything. Seriously depresing how this is turning out.

I think Clinton knows the debates are going to be the final nail in Trump's campaign if they go the way we all expect them to. Her ground game is constant in battle states and she can only say something to detract voters than gain them at this point. Everyone talks about how Trump having constant press conferences is a good thing, but it just shows he is absolutely terrible at delivering any coherent message outside of hardcore rally rhetoric. How many press conferences has he had now on just trying to explain his stance on immigration? How many times has he flip pivot flopped? Even after all these conferences just on immigration alone, he has another one scheduled or today and significant aspects remain unclear or changing with the winds. Clinton had her policies laid out before the DNC and is one and done explaining them, you know cause she actually knows how to govern and has a lifetime of experience.

I swear to god the media is one step away from congratulating Trump on tying his own shoes because it is presidential He has set the bar so insanely low, you would think Clinton could leap over it with ease, but the problem is the bars for men and women politicians are not the same. Yeah, I bet Bernie would be polling higher right now, but so would Generic Old White Male Politician in a Suit #6,586,123.

Dierce

The more concerning part of the survey is the trend that orange turd is becoming more trutworthy. He is a fucking liar and fraud but the fucking media doesn't care. They don't even care about his threats to sue them out of existence unless they say what he wants.

aren't they owned by friends of the bush family?

They are certainly pro-GOP, but don't know about the Bushes.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
China wouldn't provide a red carpet stairway from Air Force One and then Philippines President calls Obama "the son of a whore." Terrible!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2m2 minutes ago
As a tribute to the late, great Phillies Schlafly, I hope everybody can go out and get her latest book, THE CONSERVATIVE CASE FOR TRUMP.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still not too worried about the presidential election. State polls are still in her favor. That said, I don't see how anybody can say August wasn't a terrible month for her. Bad campaign management through and through. Hopefully they've loaded up for September and October. The democrats have been terrible and messaging for a decade now. Still the same.

The downballot votes, though, are a huge concern. There was a time where democrats taking the House back was a legitimate possibility. I don't see it happening now.

Maybe I'm late, but I believe I have found the perfect Trump.gif

jNAoPx1.gif

Source

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I think Clinton knows the debates are going to be the final nail in Trump's campaign if they go the way we all expect them to. Her ground game is constant in battle states and she can only say something to detract voters than gain them at this point. Everyone talks about how Trump having constant press conferences is a good thing, but it just shows he is absolutely terrible at delivering any coherent message outside of hardcore rally rhetoric. How many press conferences has he had now on just trying to explain his stance on immigration? How many times has he flip pivot flopped? Even after all these conferences just on immigration alone, he has another one scheduled or today and significant aspects remain unclear or changing with the winds. Clinton had her policies laid out before the DNC and is one and done explaining them, you know cause she actually knows how to govern and has a lifetime of experience.

I swear to god the media is one step away from congratulating Trump on tying his own shoes because it is presidential He has set the bar so insanely low, you would think Clinton could leap over it with ease, but the problem is the bars for men and women politicians are not the same. Yeah, I bet Bernie would be polling higher right now, but so would Generic Old White Male Politician in a Suit #6,586,123.

I think the fact that Clinton is so boring has something to do with it as well.

From a very cursory look with a few exceptions the polls have pretty much been all around the +5 or 6 area for all of August. If you expected her to keep her convention bounce until November then that other poster's question seems pertinent.

The Pivot™ clearly worked because one CNN poll came out today and someone made a thread about it instead of the NBC poll.

I dont think its "da pivot" so much as the press pushing the email story again, and the BS Clinton Foundation stories, while at the same time Trump not doing anything hugely stupid (for him) and the press not digging into/putting out articles on his past.

Anyone got any tips for not feeling constantly stressed and sick about this election or is that just something I gotta live with for another two months/four-to-eight years if everything really goes tits up?

Ecotic

I dont think its "da pivot" so much as the press pushing the email story again, and the BS Clinton Foundation stories, while at the same time Trump not doing anything hugely stupid (for him) and the press not digging into/putting out articles on his past.
Yeah that's exactly it. It's the unfortunate reality that if Trump isn't falling on his face then the emails and foundation stories will dominate the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom