• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What the hell happened??

No one can really answer that.

Are you kidding me?

No.

I know we can say well it's just one poll

Yeah

blah blah but isn't labor day when the polling really starts to count more?

You don't believe the first part of your sentence obviously.

I paid less attention to the news after the convention hype started to die down but what the hell did Hillary do to make this race so much closer again? Was it just that she needed to campaign more?

She was caught coughing loudly.

Yeah, I want to think it's an outlier, but ABC/WaPo showed her unfavorables going up as well.

I agree hers. But why his?

blackw0lf

Wouldn't Labor Day polls skew older since younger people are less likely to be home?

Also that CNN poll has a 74% white electorate

Ecotic

Since Hillary isn't trusted or liked then she needs to have Obama, Biden, Warren, or Sanders appear with her at most appearances over the next two months and have them as validators.

I agree hers. But why his?

His favorables going up? Sticking to the teleprompter and no Khan-like controversy.
After all the shit he's done, he hit bottom, stayed more discipline and I guess it's working.

Why her unfavorables went up is a bit of a mystery, though.

Plus, that poll was only conducted on landlines.

Inaccurate.
Interviews with 1,001 adult Americans conducted by telephone by ORC
International on September 1-4, 2016. The margin of sampling error for
results based on the total sample is plus or minus 3 percentage points.
The sample also includes 886 interviews among registered voters (plus or
minus 3.5 percentage points), and 786 interviews among likely voters (plus
or minus 3.5 percentage points).
This sample includes 601 interviews among landline respondents and 400
interviews among cell phone respondents.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Bernie gave his first stump speech since the convention yesterday and today this happens, I'm not saying that these two things are related but... maybe they are?
They're not.

Donald Trump told black people they have nothing to lose and proudly boasted about someone dying.

Had a random incoherent trip to Mexico.

Then came back to give another of his racist speeches.

Where's this idea that he's been disciplined come from?

Marked (c) for colored.

He is still a buffoon. Nothing has changed.

Donald Trump told black people they have nothing to lose and proudly boasted about someone dying.

Does it even matter anymore, after everything he's said and done, he still managed gain favorables and take the lead in a CNN poll. Stupidity is a powerful thing.

mo60

Marked (c) for colored.

He is still a buffoon. Nothing has changed.
Yeah.He's still doing stuff that can not appeal to the people he needs to win this election.Like I said before on gaf and other sites unless trump gets past the low 40's in the polls I can see him suffering the same fate as Stephen Harper last year and lose this election by a considerable margin. The polls are going to fluctuate at times until late october anyway.

WaPo 50-state poll out:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/50-state-poll/

A new 50-state poll shows exactly why Clinton holds the advantage over Trump

The survey of all 50 states is the largest sample ever undertaken by The Post, which joined with SurveyMonkey and its online polling resources to produce the results. The state-by-state numbers are based on responses from more than 74,000 registered voters during the period of Aug. 9 to Sept. 1. The individual state samples vary in size from about 550 to more than 5,000, allowing greater opportunities than typical surveys to look at different groups within the population and compare them from state to state.

Shows Clinton +1 in TEXAS.

Michigan is concerning.

Diablos

Do you think pulling out of "safe" states last month while pouring more resources into states like AZ and GA was a bad idea?

thefro

Voter breakdown for CNN poll

32 R
28 D
40 I

Yea not buying it

That's actually for the whole sample. Presumably the LV is like a +8 Republican at least

CNN said:
A total of 1,001 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.
Among the entire sample, 28% described themselves as Democrats, 32% described themselves as Republicans, and 40%
described themselves as independents or members of another party.

So yeah, pretty screwy poll, but hopefully a wake-up call to people.

Y2Kev

In all seriousness and without in skewing, the results are really just a function of how white the electorate is. If you believe 75%, then Clinton will lose. No need to skew or adjust.

mo60

I would not worry about Michigan.He's going to get destroyed in the urban areas like Detroit there most likely.I do not expect trump to win Ohio and Iowa on election day and I expect trump's support in the mid west to decline to post dem convention levels eventually in a lot of dem controlled midwest states.

Diablos

I know lots of independents are republicans but didn't Romney only lead by 5 or something in this poll in 2012? That's what CNN seems to be implying when they talk about the poll

I really really really hate when sites use electoral map style maps. Where everything's all blocked up by electoral votes. It looks weird and just makes it impossible to read.

Diablos

CNN talking about Trump U and taxes again for 5 minutes. Thanks guys for pretending to care.

I wish the 15k emails would just be released. Get it over with. I think that's part of what hurts her, there's always an omg email cloud over her head and the media acts like something could out her in jail when the FBI already said she's in the clear.

Also love the criticism on Clinton foundation when she's doing nothing illegal. But Trump can keep lying his ass off

I do have to say. I have to thank you all for making me immune to diablos. Maybe it's cause I've been up all night, but that poll hasn't fazed me at all. If I wake up and he's ahead in 5 more polls maybe that'll do it.

This looks like a bunch of garbage to me. Hillary isn't leading Texas, and fucking Mississippi isn't a tossup state

There are very questionable results in some states, no one believes she's ahead in Texas or close in Mississippi, but they do have a decent sample from each state. It's useful for an overall view of the race.

This is not USC/Gravis levels of garbage.

Diablos

Btw Clinton is definitely getting the Gore treatment. They're holding her to the flames for what are essentially nothing burgers while the other candidate lies his ass off and gets a free pass on tons of mistakes and legal issues. It's not a good precedent heading into the GE with this kind of bullshit coverage.

PBY

Banned
Btw Clinton is definitely getting the Gore treatment. They're holding her to the flames for what are essentially nothing burgers while the other candidate lies his ass off and gets a free pass on tons of mistakes and legal issues. It's not a good precedent heading into the GE with this kind of bullshit coverage.
I'm not gonna freak.

But it is slightly concerning that this "pivot" has kind of been accepted by the media as a sea change when it really isn't.

gcubed

That's actually for the whole sample. Presumably the LV is like a +8 Republican at least

So yeah, pretty screwy poll, but hopefully a wake-up call to people.

This is actually the complete opposite of my original unskewing post. This is what the unskewing guy in 2012 would unskewing TO.

The party breakdown is so far out of whack from any kind of reality that it's just laughable in general

User1608

Banned
Unbelievable Hillary's coughing will be the news but Trump's despicable racism and numerous examples of corruption are barely a blip which will fuck over tens of millions around the world.

Clinton campaign needs good media surrogates. I remember how awesome Stephanie Cutter was when she went up on TV.

How do you think Tim Kaine is polling against Trump though. The cough is gonna take dear Hillary away from us before the election day.

User1608

Banned
Seriously though, I do remember having a coughing fit at the old age of 11 that lasted 3 minutes in a classroom. It was pretty embarrassing but not the end of the world, so it's such bullshit that this is a thing.

Y2Kev

Hillary is actually the Boss. She is campaigning knowing it will kill her so she can be replaced last minute with Michelle Obama. This is her ultimate sacrifice. This is her final mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom