• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, I've been living alone for 5 years or so now and don't think I could ever go back to being with a roommate. Ever since I got my dog it's been amazing. Lonely at first, but I love being able to escape people. Though to be fair the cost of living here is quite cheap. I pay about $500/mo for a pretty spacious 1BR. So I can get away with it.

I want to move to Chicago, NYC, or even Seattle but seeing those rental prices is intimidating. D:
Yeah. A dog might make it better but I love it. When they're not insane.

Living in DC and NYC have made it necessary though

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I have two doges. I love them! One sleeps on my side and the other sleeps under my right arm. He's fat so it's like a pillow.

Which I need because I am dying

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Roommates are the best. People to drink/go out with enable you to live in much nicer apartments, split costs and they sometimes have hot friends who come over.
My roommates never go out and drink with me. teetotalers are the worst.
Also if we go out to dinner they make me pay.

(Two of my roommates are < 5 years old)

Naw, I've been living alone for 5 years or so now and don't think I could ever go back to being with a roommate. Ever since I got my dog it's been amazing. Lonely at first, but I love being able to escape people. Though to be fair the cost of living here is quite cheap. I pay about $500/mo for a pretty spacious 1BR. So I can get away with it.

I want to move to Chicago, NYC, or even Seattle but seeing those rental prices is intimidating. D:

Yep, living alone is great. I have a bird and some fish to keep me company. Also, my parents live down the street, so I can just walk down to visit them whenever I want.

I got a steal on a house and pay 600 a month in a mortgage payment. Cheaper than rent around here!

I am up at 5 and leave for work around 7:15. My roommate insists on watching it every morning so I hear it in the other room. When I tell him it is trash and he is polluting his brain (he also watched the RNC and enjoyed doing a Lock Her Up jig), he insists I'm looking for echo chamber news. As opposed to just...news. And not trash joe's personal sewage spew.

Do you find it difficult living with somebody with such a strongly differing point of view than your own? I don't know if I could do it. I can barely wait in line at the grocery store with people who have political views different than mine. (That was a joke.)

I tend to hold onto my resentments until they poison my entire perspective of a person or place and I become unable to associate with them without imagining their murder at the claws of an enormous eagle. My hate makes me heavy and sick at all times. I trudge through life, decrepit in posture, ever hunched towards the ground, as if to peer straight into Hell, eyeing my eventual seat. It would be very hard to live with somebody who didn't share my views and feelings on, at least, the things that were most important to me.

Perhaps I overstate the differences between your roommate and yourself, though.

Y2Kev

Do you find it difficult living with somebody with such a strongly differing point of view than your own? I don't know if I could do it. I can barely wait in line at the grocery store with people who have political views different than mine. (That was a joke.)

I tend to hold onto my resentments until they poison my entire perspective of a person or place and I become unable to associate them without imagining their murder at the claws of an enormous eagle. My hate makes me heavy and sick at all times. I trudge through life, decrepit in posture, ever hunched towards the ground, as if to peer straight into Hell, eyeing my eventual seat. It would be very hard to live with somebody who didn't share my views and feelings on, at least, the things that were most important to me.

Perhaps I overstate the differences between your roommate and yourself, though.

He's a huge liberal. He just likes to binge watch all the news trash. To be honest I can't even stomach Lawrence odonnell.

are you Hillary

image.php

Y2Kev

But then again I also can't stand Rachel Maddow. Like I think she is good but she destroys her credibility on the regular. Like that dead mans switch shit.

I like fareed Zakaria honestly but he ruined himself with the repeated plagiarism!

So you live with a PoliGAF poster?

Yeah basically. At least he's not like jevity from a few weeks ago who was live blogging CNN panels at 2pm. Omg Nora odonnell going in on Katrina Pierson!!!!

Who gives a duck

kess

Trump campaign chief Steve Bannon is registered voter at vacant Florida home

Donald Trump’s new presidential campaign chief is registered to vote in a key swing state at an empty house where he does not live, in an apparent breach of election laws.

Stephen Bannon, the chief executive of Trump’s election campaign, has an active voter registration at the house in Miami-Dade County, Florida, which is vacant and due to be demolished to make way for a new development.

But then again I also can't stand Rachel Maddow. Like I think she is good but she destroys her credibility on the regular. Like that dead mans switch shit.

I like fareed Zakaria honestly but he ruined himself with the repeated plagiarism!

Yeah basically. At least he's not like jevity from a few weeks ago who was live blogging CNN panels at 2pm. Omg Nora odonnell going in on Katrina Pierson!!!!

Who gives a duck
Wow. So who do you even like in the world of parasitic punditry?

Y2Kev

I don't watch any of it. I watch MSNBC during primary night coverage because I like Nicole Wallace spinning like a top.

Who gives a duck

*Light plagiarism!

Teggy

Maggie Haberman &#8207;@maggieNYT 9m9 minutes ago
NEWS - Trump Team has said internally it hopes to hire Bill Stepien, aide fired by Christie amid Bridgegate scandal, per two sources

These guys are amazing.

gcubed

Beyond the bad #optics of hiring someone from Crooked Chris, what does this accomplish? There's only two months+ until the election. There isn't much time for new staff to make a real impact.

he can shut down bridges to obstruct voting to offset rampant democratic voter fraud

I don't watch any of it. I watch MSNBC during primary night coverage because I like Nicole Wallace spinning like a top.
Same here. I get all my news via reading the Internet, or listening to the radio/podcast. Never TV unless something very unusual is happening.

Clefargle

Wew lads

Just got back from /pol/, haven't really been there for a long time. I used to think r/politics, r/the_donald, and r/s4p were all shitshow clown shoes moronclaves, but holy fuck /pol/ is on another level. 4chan was always utter shit, but Christ it is now a fucking decrepit festering amorphous sweaty fearful yawning maw of loathing and devoid of any coherence or intellect. What a fucking nonsense fantasy land.

Wew lads

Just got back from /pol/, haven't really been there for a long time. I used to think r/politics, r/the_donald, and r/s4p were all shitshow clown shoes moronclaves, but holy fuck /pol/ is on another level. 4chan was always utter shit, but Christ it is now a fucking decrepit festering amorphous sweaty fearful yawning maw of loathing and devoid of any coherence or intellect. What a fucking nonsense fantasy land.

Maybe that's just my authoritarian streak talking, but I don't get why we can't get this kind of thing classified as obscenity and moved into the deep web where it belongs.

kess

People still defend 4chan on OT, but it was a lot like this even when Moot was around. I'll never forget when someone leaked the death scene photos of one of my schoolmates there when I was in high school.

Who gives a duck

Fareed is probably one of the most well thought out individuals on the airwaves today. I was bummed when I read the story about the plagiarism. He came out and apologized at least and it was pretty minor, but it still happened.

sphagnum

Banned
People still defend 4chan on OT, but it was a lot like this even when Moot was around. I'll never forget when someone leaked the death scene photos of one of my schoolmates there when I was in high school.

It's because different boards have different cultures. I still go on /co/ where they're not quite as tolerant of /pol/ as other boards, but most of the site is just garbage these days. /his/ used to sort of lean left but now that's more or less devolved into /pol/-lite and constant fights between Catholics and Orthodox for some reason.

Bowdz

Fareed is probably one of the most well thought out individuals on the airwaves today. I was bummed when I read the story about the plagiarism. He came out and apologized at least and it was pretty minor, but it still happened.

Agreed. Fareed is the highlight of my Sunday ritual. It sucked hearing about the plagiarism, but his apology and continually good journalism has been enough to help me move past it.

its so weird how the presidential election is really not a national vote. its like 4 states that actually matter and the rest is just nonsense.

That's just always going to be a thing though. If we switched to a national popular vote only, then we just shift the breakpoint states a little bit (EVs are tied to population, but it's not exact, so we'd see a little shift if any).

The nature of states being so locked down means that a lot of people have to get used to their votes not really mattering. Hillary will be my first vote for president, and that's just because I've lived in Mississippi my whole life. This is a state where we passed a law that required our schools to be funded, the state legislature goes, "Lol, nah" for years, and when we finally get a ballot measure to require them to uphold the law they passed, it failed.

I'm pretty politically active, but I'd be a lot more active if I lived in a state that wasn't so locked down (I'd probably be where I'm at now if I lived in a place like Seattle too since your vote isn't really needed there either).

I often feel like people overestimate the number of people on places like /pol/ or Krautchan or what have you that are just people being #edgy on the internet. I was pretty into 4Chan in high school, although it wasn't quite the shit show it is now. This was the pre-Chanology days. Still though, I outgrew it eventually.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
People on the news make mistakes. Plagiarism is fucking wrong. Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow, though? Greats of our time.

Slayven

Ann Coulter: Donald Trump Wasn't Mocking Reporter's Disability; He Was Imitating a 'Standard Retard'

Trump denied knowing that Serge was disabled, and demanded an apology, saying that anyone could see his imitation was of a flustered, frightened reporter, not a disabled person. It’s true that Trump was not mimicking any mannerisms that Serge has. He doesn’t jerk around or flail his arms. He’s not retarded. He sits calmly, but if you look at his wrists, you’ll see they are curved in. That’s not the imitation Trump was doing—he was doing a standard retard, waving his arms and sounding stupid: “’Ahhh, I don’t know what I said—ahhh, I don’t remember!’ He’s going, ‘Ahhh, I don’t remember, maybe that’s what I said!’”

Ted
Stepien
giphy.gif

Ted.. You Pennsylvanian piece of trash... Let's just trade the number one pick in the draft to the lakers after they won the motherfucking title the previous year and let them draft James Worthy in exchange for Don Ford?! You goddamn moron.. Add to the fact that he was also a bigoted asshole too.. Fuck him.

Where are the hell was Basketball reasons then NBA? We give that goddamn state Chuck Noll and they send us Ted Stepian and then help send us That Tom Sawyer motherfucker in Jimmy Haslam... Fuck Pennsylvania!!

giphy.gif

Ok Rant over..

Don't.. Bring him up again.. Pls? Art was a better owner than Ted.

sphagnum

Banned
I often feel like people overestimate the number of people on places like /pol/ or Krautchan or what have you that are just people being #edgy on the internet. I was pretty into 4Chan in high school, although it wasn't quite the shit show it is now. This was the pre-Chanology days. Still though, I outgrew it eventually.

It's not about the numbers, it's about the influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom