• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

It was me, honey! I decided I'm tired of sitting around watching CNN and watching people squabble about CNN so I decided to make a change in my life. I am going to get jacked and go around protecting the Women of Fox News. Fuck diablosing!

If you're lucky the gym will have at least CNN on tv and you can do both at once. If you're really lucky you might get Fox and MSNBC too. Then you'll never need to leave the gym and you'll get super ripped.

also I like nate godcohn
tumblr_inline_n5nv6srEbV1rkb28y.gif

Our children would be rich and gay! ]

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I wonder if Hamilton has caused Founding Father worship to end for now by reminding people that they all hated each other and that Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were the most racist people possible and that Hamilton and Ben Franklin (not in the play but has been brought up) were even more publicly sexual than any politician today would dream to be. They're portrayed fairly positively in the play, but their hate and negative elements are still pretty prominent.

The Glenn Beck era of conservative news basically treated the Founding Fathers as prophets and that seems to have died down?

Founding Father worship will never go away. I think one of the reasons that Conservatives responded so strongly to Hamilton is because it reinforces the "Anyone can become great if they pull themselves up by their bootstraps" theory.

The Right's Founding Father fetishism is pretty bizarre. They seem to think of the FFs as a gaggle of like-minded proto-Republicans, but the FFs didn't even agree among themselves about different kinds of shit (hence why you had the whole Federalist vs. Anti-Federalist thing).

From what I've seen today, I think Trump loses it either because he is suddenly confident about his campaign, or insulted by people he seeks approval from (something that is already well known and talked about).

Which means, Hillary won't be able to make Trump lose control if she judges him personally, he won't care about Hillary's own attacks against him.

Instead, she will have to get under his skin by using criticism from others against Trump and comparing him to others Trump admires but are opposed to him as president.

That's my (unqualified) take.

We already went over this. Hillary's best route is tricking Trump into knowingly making a fool of himself, because it will create a snowball effect where trump starts desperately trying to correct himself and starts lashing out.

That's how you break his current facade. Not through bringing up what other people said about Trump, but by tricking Trump into demonstrating his flaws himself.

watershed

Banned
I don't have the energy to keep up with the emotional cycles of this election these days. The race has "tightened" as we all predicted it would weeks ago. This is just the next phase in the GE.

Trump's new campaign managers are doing a better job than his previous ones, no doubt about that. Clinton is probably gonna do more to drive the national media narrative going forward but I don't think her campaign needs to be concerned about their path to victory.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If you're lucky the gym will have at least CNN on tv and you can do both at once. If you're really lucky you might get Fox and MSNBC too. Then you'll never need to leave the gym and you'll get super ripped.

It's CNBC, lol, I'm not a poor.

SQUAWK BOX

Joeytj

Banned
We already went over this. Hillary's best route is tricking Trump into knowingly making a fool of himself, because it will create a snowball effect where trump starts desperately trying to correct himself and starts lashing out.

That's how you break his current facade. Not through bringing up what other people said about Trump, but by tricking Trump into demonstrating his flaws himself.

We did?

Yeah, that's how Trump usually falters, through his own foolish ways and trying to explain himself after he gets too riled up about something, but HOW Hillary manages this isn't as easy as it sounds.

Trump can easily block a lot of Hillary's direct criticism at him simply by mocking her and saying something about the Clinton Foundation.

What I meant to say, is that Hillary should focus a) on her own policy proposals, and b) on waiting for the right moment to attack Trump, right when it seems he is vulnerable either on a policy position or she can trap him in a responding to a specific policy question that will lead to him tripping up (which is almost every single policy position).

But, honestly... I tend to believe it when reports say Hillary is truly worried about "which Trump" will show up at the debates. Not so much because Trump is capable of acing the debate, but because maybe Hillary can in fact come away looking over prepared.

So I'm probably dumb for just now realizing this, but I just now put 2 and 2 together:

- Reports say that Ailes' wife is not happy about what Ailes did.

- There were also those reports that Ailes arrived last week with a black eye.

How did I not figure out this beautiful conclusion earlier......

We did?

Yeah, that's how Trump usually falters, through his own foolish ways and trying to explain himself after he gets too riled up about something, but HOW Hillary manages this isn't as easy as it sounds.

Trump can easily block a lot of Hillary's direct criticism at him simply by mocking her and saying something about the Clinton Foundation.

What I meant to say, is that Hillary should focus a) on her own policy proposals, and b) on waiting for the right moment to attack Trump, right when it seems he is vulnerable either on a policy position or she can trap him in a responding to a specific policy question that will lead to him tripping up (which is almost every single policy position).

But, honestly... I tend to believe it when reports say Hillary is truly worried about "which Trump" will show up at the debates. Not so much because Trump is capable of acing the debate, but because maybe Hillary can in fact come away looking over prepared.

I guess you weren't there that day. Oh well. The method is actually surprisingly easy. All she has to do is push Trump to give details, then follow up by explaining the blatant problems with those details.

On racist Republicans who refuse to let the EPA clean their polluted, poisoned cities and lands.

There was also kind of stoicism at work here. These were people who don’t have a vocabulary of being a victim, of victimhood. They very much disliked people who claimed to be victims.

These people wear crosses, mmkay.

.... Christianity is a religion of victimhood. Victimhood is the whole thing.

Note: I would get just as annoyed if someone talked this way about old Iranians or Saudis who hated women. The Koran is nothing but complaining and complaining and complaining.

But arguing that Christians don't have vocabulary of victimhood is the most insane thing.

Wilsongt

On racist Republicans who refuse to let the EPA clean their polluted, poisoned cities and lands.

Note: I would get just as annoyed if someone talked this way about old Iranians or Saudis who hated women. The Koran is nothing but complaining and complaining and complaining.

But arguing that Christians don't have vocabulary of victimhood is the most insane thing.

The first thing you learn in evangelical christian school is how to feel oppressed, how to be a victim, and that gays are dirty and evil and will flood your house.

Joeytj

Banned
I guess you weren't there that day. Oh well. The method is actually surprisingly easy. All she has to do is push Trump to give details, then follow up by explaining the blatant problems with those details.

Yeah, that's one way, but again, Trump can simply shrug away policy question by repeating meaningless platitudes and just shove a one or two solutions to some policy questions.

The danger for Hillary there, is that she spends too much time trying to bait him on policy questions and I'm not too sure Trump will completely flounder.

The time constraints (and the stumbles that comes with this for Trump), the lack of an audience to feed off and a disrespect for Hillary are, IMO, the biggest tools at her disposal, couple with a strong performance from her.

Honestly, it won't matter, in the end, what Trump does, in part because of low expectations for him. HIllary has to concentrate on giving her message and at the same time, be prepared for Trump, but she shouldn't let him be her mission.

Joeytj

Banned
Trump hires the best people. The very best.

Side note: Macias was the name of one of my classmates in high school. She had the biggest boobs I'd ever seen in real life. She then joined the navy.

Macias is a last name. Fun fact, it's one of my last names too (We Latinos have two last names).

I know what matters here is her boobs, but, again, fun fact!

Vahagn

War on Christmas!!!

Religious Freedom is Under Attack!!

Gay Liberal Agenda!!!

Oh, wait.

mo60

If Mississippi was that close and she was ahead in texas there is no way so many other battlegrounds would be within a few points.

It's possible that trump may be doing better in some rust-belt/mid-west states like Iowa, Michigan and etc while doing really terrible in the south to make states like Mississippi and texas move a lot closer than you would expect towards clinton in a typical presidential election now. It's very likely trump's only leading in both Mississippi and Texas by a single digit margin at this point(5 to 10 points).

So I'm probably dumb for just now realizing this, but I just now put 2 and 2 together:

- Reports say that Ailes' wife is not happy about what Ailes did.

- There were also those reports that Ailes arrived last week with a black eye.

How did I not figure out this beautiful conclusion earlier......

Oh my.

Is she angry because he was putting his hands on the honeys, or is she angry because he was not smart enough to keep the honeys hushed up?

Trump hires the best people. The very best.

Side note: Macias was the name of one of my classmates in high school. She had the biggest boobs I'd ever seen in real life. She then joined the navy.
Wait, did you see them or did you see them? Come on, don't do politician speak.

Zukkoyaki

It's possible that trump may be doing better in some rust-belt/mid-west states like Iowa, Michigan and etc while doing really terrible in the south to make states like Mississippi and texas move a lot closer than you would expect towards clinton in a typical presidential election now. It's very likely trump's only leading in both Mississippi and Texas by a single digit margin at this point(5 to 10 points).
A lot of notable pundits have mentioned that Trump seems to be doing worse in a lot of traditionally red states like Mississippi, Georgia, Arizona and Missouri. Probably not enough to flip them, but enough to be a story.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Macias is a last name. Fun fact, it's one of my last names too (We Latinos have two last names).

Correct. But it was noteworthy in that she was the only Hispanic person I met with that name despite being a very Hispanic heavy city like L.A.

I know what matters here is her boobs, but, again, fun fact!

Also, correct.

I love this story, please go on

She was pretty self-conscious and never wore anything too revealing. In fact, I don't think I even seen her in a dress. Though there were a few times where she wore some skintight shirts that revealed quite a bit of cleavage. Sadly, those days were few and far between.

She was sweet and super smart too. She applied for the navy because she didn't think she'd get accepted to a university (she had a 4.4 GPA...). Real shame.

Obviously I wanted to tap that back in the day, but alas, I wasn't exactly Mr. Popular at the time. Hard as it may seem to believe, poligaf!

Wait, did you see them or did you see them? Come on, don't do politician speak.

No, no. I never "saw" them. I only wish I were so privileged to do so!

90% of Trump's vocabulary relates to victimhood, for fucks sake. The only words he knows are words about victimhood.

And he's the guy these assholes picked! The guy who complains constantly about Macy's!

If you're into data analytics, http://odintext.com/blog/text-analysis-quran-bible-3of3/

I love business intelligence/data analytics. So much power at fingertips. I'm trying to learn big data stuff and do something cool like this.

Edit: this is more fun

Sentiment-Analysis-Bible-Quran.jpg

I hate being a boring white person and not having multiple last names.

Although, if I ever get married, maybe I can hyphenate or something. Although, knowing my bf....that'd be a no go.

Joeytj

Banned
Giuliani is an Italian last name. I should know, its one of my mother's last names

I know.

Wait, all of this is a joke.

Anyway, I love Bill Clinton defending his Foundation today in North Carolina, look at the videos in this post.

That's a tip to HIllary in the debate too. Don't get flustered with Trump's attack, just sound secure like Bill is in those videos and explain how the Foundation is a top rated charity that even TRUMP donated to. Bill then casually mentions the Bondi/Trump scandal.

The first thing you learn in evangelical christian school is how to feel oppressed, how to be a victim, and that gays are dirty and evil and will flood your house.
How do they flood the house?

Oh my.

Is she angry because he was putting his hands on the honeys, or is she angry because he was not smart enough to keep the honeys hushed up?
Why not both Mrs. Manky?

Although, if I ever get married, maybe I can hyphenate or something. Although, knowing my bf....that'd be a no go.
You could have two middle names.. That could almost work?

Crayons

Banned

Look at the bright side. At least you aren't race confused like I am

I know.

Wait, all of this is a joke.

Anyway, I love Bill Clinton defending his Foundation today in North Carolina, look at the videos in this post.

That's a tip to HIllary in the debate too. Don't get flustered with Trump's attack, just sound secure like Bill is in those videos and explain how the Foundation is a top rated charity that even TRUMP donated to. Bill then casually mentions the Bondi/Trump scandal.

If it comes up at the debate this is my answer:

"The foundation my family runs does a lot of great work. We provide 95% of the HIV medicine around the world to children. We have never, ever made a single penny from the foundation. It exists just to help people period. No one received any special access, treatment or favors. If you don't believe me, feel free to ask Donald who donated to our foundation multiple times."

I highly doubt her prep would be a problem and she'll be fine. Particularly if the debates turn into who has detailed suggestions for what they'll do on their own and with congressional help on their website.

The danger would come from any flip flops in real time and how Trump utilizes his candidness and rhetorical style to redirect personal criticisms.

If it comes up at the debate this is my answer:

"The foundation my family runs does a lot of great work. We provide 95% of the HIV medicine around the world to children. We have never, ever made a single penny from the foundation. It exists just to help people period. No one received any special access, treatment or favors. If you don't believe me, feel free to ask Donald who donated to our foundation multiple times."

I'd rather not point out that Donald donates to charity since, in reality, he doesn't considering his supposed wealth.

I'd rather not point out that Donald donates to charity since, in reality, he doesn't considering his supposed wealth.
I'm fine with bringing it up in that context. Because, you could use it to score some cheap points. Say Trump admits he donated but said he didn't ask for any favors. She can respond with "Good, you wouldn't have gotten any anyway." This also would probably annoy him because the subtext is he's unimportant. Which he is.

You can also then flip it back to "My husband and I made it a priorty to be transparent with our foundation. That's why we go above and beyond the legal requirements for disculsoure. Something Mr. Trump's foundation doesn't do."

My point is if you want to flip this back to an attack you have to be careful with how you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom