• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

In addition to condoning death squads, rape, torture, and vigilante murders, Duterte has now expressed the desire to become a cannibal

But it didn’t take long for Duterte to find another podium and take things too far once again — this time threatening to not only execute Islamist militants loyal to terrorist organization Abu Sayyaf, but to eat them alive. “They will pay. When the time comes, I will eat you in front of people,” he said Monday. “If you make me mad, in all honesty, I will eat you alive, raw…I will really carve your torso open. Give me vinegar and salt and I will eat you.”

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/06...nt-threatens-to-eat-islamist-militants-alive/

Lovely

Its a good thing Obama canceled his meeting him. Who knows, he might have tried to take a bite.

mo60

Marvie_3

Banned
Andrea Mitchell says Obama was disrespected in Asia because he didn't attack Assad after the "red line". NBC needs to fire her because she constantly says crap like this, whether covering foreign policy badly or trying to tank Democratic campaigns.
She's been awful for a long time. I cant even have her show on as background noise. NBC needs to get rid of her.

Fuchsdh

Half-Life 2 is a bad game.

I'm not really a fan either. First person platforming and physics puzzles are terrible, the weapons and sound design all lack any oomph, and coming from a game like Halo the interminable loading screens utterly killed pacing. The story wants me to care about a bunch of people who fawn over a murderous mute. It feels like an ancient game in all the wrong ways.

Debirudog

When I was really young, I visited my friends' house to watch 'em play Half-life 1.

I kept screaming and screaming because of the crab heads and all kinds of monsters.

When I was really young, I visited my friends' house to watch 'em play Half-life 1.

I kept screaming and screaming because of the crab heads and all kinds of monsters.

Kind of related.

When I was in 6th grade, I stayed over at my best friend's house. We had to go to someone's house so him mom could get her hair cut. They had an N64 with Goldeneye. HOLY SHIT mind blown. I'd never played an FPS before. Was like a whole new world. Kept getting freaked out because I couldn't see the shit that was around me hahaha

I'm not really a fan either. First person platforming and physics puzzles are terrible, the weapons and sound design all lack any oomph, and coming from a game like Halo the interminable loading screens utterly killed pacing. The story wants me to care about a bunch of people who fawn over a murderous mute. It feels like an ancient game in all the wrong ways.

I'm in the same camp. I've started it like 3 times, and I never get very far.

aaaaa0

AHAHAHA Obama straight up trolling at this point. There's no way the Republicans will confirm Abid Qureshi, but this is still hilarious.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...lim-federal-judge_us_57cf2cfbe4b03d2d45970d3a
WASHINGTON ― President Barack Obama made history on Tuesday by nominating the first Muslim person to the federal judiciary, Abid Qureshi.

“I am pleased to nominate Mr. Qureshi to serve on the United States District Court bench,” Obama said in a statement. “I am confident he will serve the American people with integrity and a steadfast commitment to justice.”

It’s unlikely Qureshi’s nomination to the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia will go anywhere. With just months left in Obama’s term, Senate Republicans have all but stopped confirming his judicial picks.

I'm sure some alt-righters will have steam coming out of their ears -- this all but confirms Obama IZ A SEKRET MOOSLIM!

royalan

Damn, the clip of Hillary's speech today in Tampa...that was damn good.

Also, we're talking so much about the debates when Hillary has a chance to bury Trump TOMORROW at this veterans town hall.

They may not be on stage at the same time...but answering serious questions on the spot, from the same audience? Of veterans? I just can't imagine Trump coming out of that a winner.

Also, we're talking so much about the debates when Hillary has a chance to bury Trump TOMORROW at this veterans town hall.

They may not be on stage at the same time...but answering serious questions on the spot, from the same audience? Of veterans? I just can't imagine Trump coming out of that a winner.

But we have to grade him on the curve, because he's a dumbass.

Debirudog

Clinton coughs in a debate - C-. Terrible president.
Trump can form simple sentences and make false information that doesn't sound like bullshit - A.

Trump campaign already knows this. That's why they had Flynn accompany him for the last questionnaire. Now the campaign always makes sure that Trump only speaks with a TelePrompTer or GOP Helper nearby.

That's why the debates are going to be so important. He won't have any cheat sheets or buddies to keep him in check.

royalan

Trump campaign already knows this. That's why they had Flynn accompany him for the last questionnaire. Now the campaign always makes sure that Trump only speaks with a TelePrompTer or GOP Helper nearby.

That's why the debates are going to be so important. He won't have any cheat sheets or buddies to keep him in check.

Huh?

Marc Cuban was really good on Cavuto today.

They need to get him on all the news shows defending Hillary and going after Trump.

Surprisingly, could be one of her best surrogates.

Bowdz

"trump wins the debate if he doesn't drool all over himself for 100% of it" - the media, 2016

WADR touched on this today saying Clinton is botching the expectations game by trying to play Trump up. They argues that the Clinton campaign should set the bar high and define success before the media can (I.e. "Being President requires thoughtful and detailed policy and perspective and we are confident that Hillary Clinton will meet and exceed that threshold. It remains to be seen if Trump will be able to live up to this standard...").

For once, I actually agree with Halperin and Heilemann. Set the bar high repeatedly so that the media will judge Trump on your terms and not his. Tell them in advance that the person who knows their shit will be the winner and that Hillary absolutely knows her shit and will crush it while Donald will prove he's an idiot. The only risk is that Trump actually studies and prepare and comes off as a competent debater, but if that's the case, then Hillary will have a classic debate on her hands and she can best him the old fashion way.

Bowdz

Marc Cuban was really good on Cavuto today.

They need to get him on all the news shows defending Hillary and going after Trump.

Surprisingly, could be one of her best surrogates.

I said the same thing after his Philly rally. He connects to the same periphery as Trump and he does so incredibly well.

Clinton coughs in a debate - C-. Terrible president.
Trump can form simple sentences and make false information that doesn't sound like bullshit - A.

This is cartoon soldiering. Trump will have his usual bullshit "answers", but Hillary is not going to let him get away with any of it, especially after learning about the insane debate prep she's doing. forget the moderators if they're not going to fact check. This is not Romney v Obama where they go back and forth about CBO's analysis of their tax plans. This will be Trump slowly repeating his lines to pass time. This is going to be bad for Donald. You can clearly see how he gets flustered in every single primary debate, making those weird faces and not knowing about the core topics.

Dan Diamond ‏@ddiamond 34m34 minutes ago
Just out — U.S. uninsured rate fell below 9 percent for first time.

Only 8.6 percent of Americans uninsured per new CDC data. Historic low.

Dan DiamondVerified account
‏@ddiamond
Uninsured rate

2010: 16.0 percent
2012: 14.7 percent
2014: 11.5 percent
2016: 8.6 percent (so far)

Disaster!

Debirudog

This is cartoon soldiering. Trump will have his usual bullshit "answers", but Hillary is not going to let him get away with any of it, especially after learning about the insane debate prep she's doing. forget the moderators if they're not going to fact check. This is not Romney v Obama where they go back and forth about CBO's analysis of their tax plans. This will be Trump slowly repeating his lines to pass time. This is going to be bad for Donald. You can clearly see how he gets flustered in every single primary debate, making those weird faces and not knowing about the core topics.

Oh I have no doubt Clinton would wreck Trump in a debate but the expectations game is just beyond pathetic. There shouldn't be a curve for the presidency.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
These are men in drag, not trans women, correct? Aren't they using the "wrong" bathroom regardless of laws in the state?

A trans friendly bathroom law protects people using the bathroom of their gender identity. A man in drag is not temporarily a trans woman, in my understanding, but correct me if I am wrong.

If only there were some drag experts here to help me understand better!

The Right's Founding Father fetishism is pretty bizarre. They seem to think of the FFs as a gaggle of like-minded proto-Republicans, but the FFs didn't even agree among themselves about different kinds of shit (hence why you had the whole Federalist vs. Anti-Federalist thing).

I have a bit of Founder infatuation, but it doesn't lead me to ignore their faults. And whenever it comes up, I stress to people that they didn't agree on a ton of stuff.

royalan

Wasn't Flynn sitting right near him during that "town hall" on foreign policy?

No, I'm talking about the Commander in Chief Forum airing tomorrow on NBC/MSNBC.

It's a town hall where Hillary and Donald will be taking question from the same audience of veterans.

These are men in drag, not trans women, correct? Aren't they using the "wrong" bathroom regardless of laws in the state?

A trans friendly bathroom law protects people using the bathroom of their gender identity. A man in drag is not temporarily a trans woman, in my understanding, but correct me if I am wrong.

If only there were some drag experts here to help me understand better!

Correct. A drag queen is not always a transgender woman, although there are some transgender woman who do drag. Drag, at it's core, though, is about challenging the idea of masculine/feminine and the male/female dichotomy. Drag queens have always been at the forefront of the gay rights movement. (Look up Stonewall if you want a better herstory).

In my opinion, this is more about solidarity with the transgender community than anything else. They're not arguing that they're now women or non cis-gender (although they may be, I don't know her story!)

Piecake

The Right's Founding Father fetishism is pretty bizarre. They seem to think of the FFs as a gaggle of like-minded proto-Republicans, but the FFs didn't even agree among themselves about different kinds of shit (hence why you had the whole Federalist vs. Anti-Federalist thing).

What is even more amusing is that the right tries to portray the founders as Devout Christians with 'traditional family values' who established the American Government on those Christian values.

What is even more amusing is that the right tries to portray the founders as Devout Christians with 'traditional family values' who established the American Government on those Christian values.

When I think "Devout Christian" I think of Thomas Jefferson.

"Family values" almost surely leads my mind to Alexander Hamilton and Ben Franklin.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Correct. A drag queen is not always a transgender woman, although there are some transgender woman who do drag. Drag, at it's core, though, is about challenging the idea of masculine/feminine and the male/female dichotomy. Drag queens have always been at the forefront of the gay rights movement. (Look up Stonewall if you want a better herstory).

In my opinion, this is more about solidarity with the transgender community than anything else. They're not arguing that they're now women or non cis-gender (although they may be, I don't know her story!)
Thanks, this was basically my thinking on it, I just thought it was framed weird as being about the law when that had little to do with the story IMO.

Edit: re: "I don't know her story" a follow up question, which gender pronoun does one typically use for someone in drag (assuming they don't identify as a trans woman day to day)?"

Trump does best when he is forced to answer questions on the spot without any assistance. /s It's why I've been hyped for the forum for weeks now.

thebloo

I don't think people will take it easy on Trump on the debates. It's just a few people saying that.

Even with Palin, she didn't bomb. But the result was clear. And they're not gonna be able to sell Trump like they did Palin.

"Family values" almost surely leads my mind to Alexander Hamilton

Z0qj2wJ.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
All noted. But if we do get all these things in November, can I make fun of you?

Considering that will meant we will have won in a landslide, won the Senate, and even maybe threatened the house, I will happily be made fun of. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom