• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lesson in why it's important to make sure kids actually understand what the news is saying to them, and also why I'm 99% sure one of you is the alt of the 5 year old:

My bf broke his nose playing basketball. The 7 year old and 5 year old had the following conversation:

7 year old: It's good Uncle Colt's nose got broke now and not later.
5 year old: WHY IS IT EVER GOOD!?
7 year: Cause, Donald Trump is going to get rid of healthcare.
5 year old : WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Me: No, Trump's not going to get rid of healthcare. It's something else.
5 year old : IS HE GOING TO WIN?
Me: What? No, I'm just saying if he wins, he's not going to get rid of healthcare-
7 year old to the 5 year old : Uncle Colt wouldn't have a nose if Trump wins.
5 year old : WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A lesson in why it's important to make sure kids actually understand what the news is saying to them, and also why I'm 99% sure one of you is the alt of the 5 year old:

My bf broke his nose playing basketball. The 7 year old and 5 year old had the following conversation:

7 year old: It's good Uncle Colt's nose got broke now and not later.
5 year old: WHY IS IT EVER GOOD!?
7 year: Cause, Donald Trump is going to get rid of healthcare.
5 year old : WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Me: No, Trump's not going to get rid of healthcare. It's something else.
5 year old : IS HE GOING TO WIN?
Me: What? No, I'm just saying if he wins, he's not going to get rid of healthcare-
7 year old to the 5 year old : Uncle Colt wouldn't have a nose if Trump wins.
5 year old : WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

The 5-year-old is Diablos confirmed.

The only really headscratch things in the FL poll were that Trump is doing insanely well with Hispanic voters in their sample. (33%) as well as with AA votes (8%). They also forecast a more male electorate than 2004, 2008 and 2012. Will be interesting to see if that plays out.

thebloo

The only really headscratch things in the FL poll were that Trump is doing insanely well with Hispanic voters in their sample. (33%) as well as with AA votes (8%). They also forecast a more male electorate than 2004, 2008 and 2012. Will be interesting to see if that plays out.

25% of Hispanics in FL are Cubans.

Crisco

Banned
Didn't Romney carry 40% of Hispanics in Florida? He still lost the state. You're never going to sell me on Trump outperforming Romney in any state with a large hispanic population. This is what, literally the first reputable poll showing Trump with any kind of lead in FL? He has no path to victory without that state, and no ground operation. morganfreemangoodluck.gif

25% of Hispanics in FL are Cubans.
Ya, but according to the most recent Latino Voice poll thingy, he's losing them by 12 points. I still think 33% is a lofty goal for him, considering most new registrations have come from PR moving to central Florida. That's just my gut, though. We'll have to watch and see.

Diablos

Ok this race is definitely tightening. You can explain it however you want but this should not be so close. FL poll has me scratching my head. No way it's like this unless the evangelicals are going to really help decide this election like they did in 04.

Stein getting way too much support. Can't be legit.

What I do not understand is, after having an amazing convention, why Hillary thought it was a good idea to lay low for a month. She was nearly invisible and didn't really seem too enthused to counter punch a lot of the bullshit that was thrown her way. I don't get it. She was set up for greatness and she got it. Then she kinda fizzled out after the Khan v. Trump hype started to quiet down.

I keep seeing people say they know what they're doing and I know these aren't stupid people, but after last month I still question what their plan was for August.

Debirudog

...She was doing the ground game, holding local rallies, funding etc. The work that no one likes but has to be done. And then the media decided to take a turn against Hillary like the all-so credible APA manufacturing the Clinton Foundation (and yet the Bondi scandal has more apparent evident of Quid pro quo)

Honestly, the media kinda just stopped caring about Trump's scandals it seems. Not even OT Gaf seems to give a shit at all but coughing Hillary. Mess.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2...-that-hillary-clinton-has-parkinsons-disease/

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I thought this was a pretty good article summarizing a lot of the non-sense surrounding the specific health accusation that Hillary has Parkinson's disease.

The most amusing thing is that many people are bending over backwards with concern trolling trying to frame their assumption as "look, I'm not a doctor (or I am a doctor, but I'm not her doctor) so I'm not trying to diagnose, I'm just saying something in this video looks a lot like Parkinson's disease. The irony is that people are making what would otherwise be a reasonable assumption unnecessarily. It's true as a general rule you shouldn't diagnose people from a distance and trying to diagnose someone solely on observation is a bad idea... however, Parkinson's disease and neurological movement disorders are not one of those situations. You actually can diagnose strictly from a pre-recorded video, because the movement deficits and changes are very, very reliable and characteristic. Many arm-chair experts seem to think any movement disorder must equal arms flailing and gait being unpredictable, but this simply isn't the case - they are predictable and reliable. This is also why movement disorders are profoundly difficult to fake in front of a trained neurologist. Hillary Clinton does not have Parkinson's disease.

I also find the commentary on Vox Day great for a chuckle. VD markets himself as the proto-libertarian Renaissance man and spends his days castigating institutions of science and medicine as fundamentally corrupt organizations due to political associations he finds uncomfortable (and must therefore be wrong) and eschews the role of 'traditional' education... however, the moment he finds an 'expert' that agrees or confirms one of his alt-right fantasies, he can't help but start vociferously sucking their dick and exclaiming how profoundly important their certifications and licenses and education and blahblah must mean. It's so embarrassing to see.

Ok this race is definitely tightening. You can explain it however you want but this should not be so close. FL poll has me scratching my head. No way it's like this unless the evangelicals are going to really help decide this election like they did in 04.

What I do not understand is, after having an amazing convention, why Hillary thought it was a good idea to lay low for a month. She was nearly invisible and didn't really seem too enthused to counter punch a lot of the bullshit that was thrown her way. I don't get it. She was set up for greatness and she got it. Then she kinda fizzled out after the Khan v. Trump hype started to fade.

I keep seeing people say they know what they're doing and I know these aren't stupid people, but after last month I still question what their plan we for August.

because she wanted to bring in a bunch of $$$ to spend for the rest of the election. Only time will tell if it was worth it.

Not the Onion.

Evan McMullin is running as an independent conservative alternative to Donald Trump. Who McMullin is running with, however, is a bit of a mystery.

In all nine states where he has officially qualified on the presidential ballot, McMullin has listed a “Nathan Johnson” as his vice presidential nominee. McMullin’s campaign won’t provide any more information about Johnson — including which of the thousands of people named Nathan Johnson the campaign is referring to — saying he is only a placeholder until McMullin names an actual running mate.

But in eight of the nine states, top election officials say McMullin’s campaign can’t pull Johnson’s name off the ballot, and that it’s “Nathan Johnson” — not whomever McMullin eventually names as his pick for Vice President — that will appear on the ballot.

Are they sure he didn't mean Navin Johnson?

v3oHB05.jpg

Debirudog

It's like England is an dark example of what happens when the ultra fringe take over. Ineffectual left people, walls being built, violent hate crimes etc.

So if I'm Mook I'd advise Hillary to not decimate Trump tonight and hold her fire for the real debate. If she gives away her line of attack Trump will come back with answers on the 26th.

Really a tightrope for for Hillary tonight.

Gruco

Banned
At the end of the day, for all the possible flaws Hillary Clinton has as a candidate, she's not going to lose the race because she got out-maneuvered by the well-oiled Trump campaign.

The campaign clearly has a lot of faith in maintaining it's turnout operation, pushing hard on campaign events in the home stretch, and ensuring adequate funding for both. And debate prep...and strategic ad timing. I really don't see a good reason to conclude they're choosing poorly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So if I'm Mook I'd advise Hillary to not decimate Trump tonight and hold her fire for the real debate. If she gives away her line of attack Trump will come back with answers on the 26th.

Really a tightrope for for Hillary tonight.

Ideally what they'd do is hit him hard, but in a different way than they'll hit him in the debates. There's more than enough there, just do a little misdirection while dealing the damage.

What I do not understand is, after having an amazing convention, why Hillary thought it was a good idea to lay low for a month. She was nearly invisible and didn't really seem too enthused to counter punch a lot of the bullshit that was thrown her way. I don't get it. She was set up for greatness and she got it. Then she kinda fizzled out after the Khan v. Trump hype started to quiet down.

I keep seeing people say they know what they're doing and I know these aren't stupid people, but after last month I still question what their plan was for August.

Me too. I am perplexed by this. She had a lot of momentum from the convention and basically just squandered all of it.

Holmes

I don't necessarily dislike Theresa May. I'd probably be undecided if I were a voter in the UK but like most FPTP Parliamentary elections, what matters more is what constituency/riding you're in and who your incumbent is.

I don't necessarily dislike Theresa May. I'd probably be undecided if I were a voter in the UK but like most FPTP Parliamentary elections, what matters more is what constituency/riding you're in and who your incumbent is.

She's awful but Corbyn is terrible for different reasons. I'd still vote Labour.

Holmes

She's awful but Corbyn is terrible for different reasons. I'd still vote Labour.
Me too... maybe? Again it depends on where I hypothetically live. I was NDP back in Canada, but regardless of that my riding was one of the safest NDP riding in the country that there was really no point in voting for another party regardless.

I don't know that I'd still vote Labour. Like, Corbyn is that terrible. If I was in a marginal seat that could go Lib Dem, I'd probably go that way.....but meh. Bad choices all around.

mo60

So apparently Asssange was on Hannity last night showing 'proof' that Hillary used the 'C' classification herself in the emails.

What a tool.

Obama needs to send some navy seals to that embassy tonight. I am so sick of him trying to play journalist.

Dude's going to eventually get bored of staying in that embassy and probably be nicer to the people that he hates.

Corbyn's just a terrible negotiator too.

Corbyn only got $25,000 for doing five events for the Iranian news station that tortured a man to confession live. Hillary got $250,000 for one speech to Goldman's.

Get smarter, Corbyn.

Me too... maybe? Again it depends on where I hypothetically live. I was NDP back in Canada, but regardless of that my riding was one of the safest NDP riding in the country that there was really no point in voting for another party regardless.

I'm sure that whatever constituency I lived in if I lived in the UK would probably be strong Labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom