• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Okay I changed my mind this is great
You guys are so funny to observe sometimes, this little event is like a microcosm of poligaf. Went from diablosing to laughing at trump hang himself again. Watch the debates when he is not even allowed applause and has to speak with authority on a subject for extended periods of time. In this we get a glimpse of why Hillary is trying to run outthe clock until the debate.

Trump's policy positions were:

He knows more than the Generals, because they got stupid under Obama.
We should have taken the oil.
He defended a tweet in which he said women serving with men were responsible for their own rape because they served.
Putin is great. Huge approval ratings. He says nice things about me, so I say nice things about him.
He said he was always against Iraq...even though he wasn't.

fauxtrot

Banned
The whole "dancing bear" analogy (which I heard on Keepin' It 1600, the best political podcast with the dreamiest host) is pretty appropriate regarding how the media has been treating Trump any time he doesn't completely fall on his face every moment of the day, so I hope he gets deservedly ripped apart for this performance for at least the rest of the week.

Oh, and the dancing bear thing is basically "if someone has trained a bear to dance, most people are going to be like 'oh wow that is incredible' rather than 'this bear dances like shit' regardless of how poorly said bear actually dances... it could basically be shuffling around and people will still be like 'yeah, that sorta looks like dancing. amazing!'".

I hope that rape tweet gets more play. I'm shocked it hasn't come up in a big way before now

Edit: Trump got far more defensive than Clinton did.

That generals question looks so bad when many of the military leaders are republicans

royalan

Damn, let me turn to CNN, because Rachel is wasting her hour.

I'm finding myself agreeing with Adam's assessment of "Live Rachel."

Goodstyle

Trump isn't just inept, he's also a genuinely awful human being. He can't be president, I'd take a janitor as commander in chief over him. Anyone who just has basic decency is better qualified than him. To me, Trump is just a terrible person who also happens to be a moron, and Republicans want him as our President.

OmniOne

Trump got baited by briefing question. Barbara Star saying that the cia briefing would have never told him recommendations the president ignored. Clearly making stuff up.

Damn, let me turn to CNN, because Rachel is wasting her hour.

I'm finding myself agreeing with Adam's assessment of "Live Rachel."

Is it alright if I ask to get a link to a CNN livestream? The usual YouTube links are just showing the panel with Rachel Maddow, so I'm having trouble finding a place to properly watch it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Trump got baited by briefing question. Barbara Star saying that the cia briefing would have never told him recommendations the president ignored. Clearly making stuff up.

We're this close to someone asking for his comments on the rebel uprising in Agrabah.

Iolo

I can't believe I caved and watched this disaster.

On the plus side, this confirms Trump is not preparing for the debates, and that he can be flustered and baited.

royalan

Seems like Trump's answers aren't going over well with generals and people who actually know a damn thing about foreign policy. That's good.

Just switched back to MSNBC. I don't even know what the hell they are talking about. In defense of both Clinton and Trump, around 25 minutes is not enough time to even get into the very basics of foreign policy let alone the post-war care of the vets.

Emarv

so true

James PoniewozikVerified account
‏@poniewozik
After that forum & Chris Wallace saying he won't call out lies as moderator, what's the incentive not to make up stuff wholesale at debates?

I feel like tonight is just a preview on how it doesn't matter what each candidate says in the debates, people will still just say he won because the (R) next to his name.

AndyD

aka andydumi
oooooooh

CrydqftWYAAKs1h.jpg:large

Is that real?

Holy shit, i missed the final 10 minutes cuz I was cooking and now I see that Trump said we need a court system within the military!?!?

HOW CAN ANYONE VOTE FOR THIS MAN. HE KNOWS NOTHING!

Sigh.

OK, so Mountain Time delay caught me off guard.

How'd it go?

Clinton? Trump?

Clinton got 2 email questions and 7 follow ups to EMAIL. Then she got policy questions that she knocked out of the park, after Matt managed to keep telling her to be quiet and she'd talked enough.

Trump managed to praise Putin, supported a tweet for sex-segregation in the military, called to TAKE THE OIL, mansplained a statistic to a veteran, came out for illegal immigrants to join the military if they're vetted, said Obama made our generals stupid, and flat out lied about what would have been in a CIA briefing.

Owzers

so true

James PoniewozikVerified account
‏@poniewozik
After that forum & Chris Wallace saying he won't call out lies as moderator, what's the incentive not to make up stuff wholesale at debates?

It's the final debate, so we might have two chances to not let Trump lie his way out of everything or shame Wallace into not following through with being the silent moderator. Or all the debates could be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom