• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Clinton got 2 email questions and 7 follow ups to EMAIL. Then she got policy questions that she knocked out of the park, after Matt managed to keep telling her to be quiet and she'd talked enough.

Trump managed to praise Putin, supported a tweet for sex-segregation in the military, called to TAKE THE OIL, mansplained a statistic to a veteran, came out for illegal immigrants to join the military if they're vetted, said Obama made our generals stupid, and flat out lied about what would have been in a CIA briefing.

So a tie, then.

Someone gif or vine the reaction of the soldier he mansplained to.

Emarv

Please expand on this, because it sounds absolutely terrible and absolutely hilarious at the same time.

Young female veteran: "how will you stop the 20 vets who commit suicide a day?"

Trump: "Actually, it's 22."

note: it's actually 20 like she said

100% Trump thinks he can select who he wants to be Generals. He probably thinks he can bring back and appoint some of the people on that bullshit list he pulled out. This man literally knows nothing about public office other than bribing people to get what he wants.

Debirudog

when you act apparently serious and stern regarding freaking foreign policy, you're apparently angry and defensive. Smile as if this all fun and games.

Hillary's passionate about the military. How dare she.

Joeytj

Banned
Should of smiled

I can't believe Reince just tweeted that. Trump was literally defending himself all the time too, and nobody is saying he "was on the defensive".

Also, if "she was on the defensive" is the thing they are going with, than Trump definitely didn't do himself any favors.

But the RNC knows that the media loves to analyze optics instead of substantive issues, because optics is a frivolous subject matter than can seem important, without actually debating policy.

Emarv

HILLLLLLLL

Hillary ClintonVerified account
‏@HillaryClinton Hillary Clinton Retweeted Reince Priebus
Actually, that’s just what taking the office of President seriously looks like.

Reince Priebus @Reince
@HillaryClinton was angry + defensive the entire time - no smile and uncomfortable - upset that she was caught wrongly sending our secrets.

Give me a 30 minute interview with Trump and I can guarantee you he would lose by over 10 points.

Not even close.

These "reporters" are fucking jokes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think there's going to be a lot more apathy in the military vote then people are expecting. I don't think the die hard conservative folks are going to cross the aisle, but I bet a lot of them will refuse to vote for Trump

Emarv

I think there's going to be a lot more apathy in the military vote then people are expecting. I don't think the die hard conservative folks are going to cross the aisle, but I bet a lot of them will refuse to vote for Trump

i thought i remember reading somewhere that the lower the rank, the more likely they are to vote for Trump. Officers and stuff didn't trust him

i thought i remember reading somewhere that the lower the rank, the more likely they are to vote for Trump. Officers and stuff didn't trust him
Which, I mean, generalization here, actually makes sense. If you're talking lower ranks, they're probably not college educated and probably Trump's natural base anyway. So, not totally surprising, I guess?

Nafai1123

Banned
We really need a thought experiment in which Hillary and Obama make the exact same comment and and people are asked which comment is more "Presidential" so we can put this gender bias to rest.

It's still not negative enough, and it's also trash when you don't hear a peep of praise for someone who looked infinitely more qualified to be talking about these issues.

Got to take what we can get at this point. People don't like Clinton and that's not changing before the election. The media has already baked that in

royalan

I'm disappointed that Hillary's more thoughtful answers don't seem to be worthy covering.

But Trump's answers have been received pretty poorly. He's getting dragged. Which is awesome.

But still, the Clinton campaign has got to think of better ways to break through with a positive message. The media is enslaved to covering Trump, good or bad. They're not going to just gift her that coverage.

Tarkus

I think I might check the box for Gary Johnson. I haven't fully examined him on the issues but he seems okay for me on the surface.

Rince's 'smile' tweet was ridiculously sexist and I'm glad Clinton's team escalated it with the direct response. Rince done goofed-that specific comment is something almost every professional woman working in America has had to deal with.

thefro

I think it's fair to say that Sec. Clinton is intentionally quite a bit more stern/serious when talking about foreign policy/military and she's done that for at least the past 16 years, basically her whole political career post-1999.

Maybe she's wrong and she wouldn't be called "weak/soft/a push-over" if she acted differently, but I think she's correct in being afraid of that and erring on the side of being too stern.

I think in the actual debates, you'll see her be a bit more varied as other issues are discussed.

We really need a thought experiment in which Hillary and Obama make the exact same comment and and people are asked which comment is more "Presidential" so we can put this gender bias to rest.

I think there's a decent amount of data for that from the 2008 Democratic Primaries. I recall the media saying that Clinton was more Presidential on foreign policy than Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom