• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she should do an email branded press conference. (She should have done one before labor day) Make it two hours long and get grilled one more time. Then she can just refer back to that press conference. Or if you want to go full populist, make it a town-hall+ press. Pair that with a "Going on the offensive" message and make every surrogate repeat "Gain trust" 24/7.

I could be down with that.

The only problem is that the press doesn't seem interested in getting a real answer. Just yesterday Brianna Keilar went on the air on how she was 'parsing her words' on a long statement, then chastised her for answering, because she said she wouldn't go into details again. It's annoying af at this point.

She also gave a really good answer on the 'classified material,' what the material was (drone program), what they were discussing (talking points on public material) and why they were doing it (because they were getting questions and needed to know how to not cross the line into talking about classified info). But nobody's bothered to actually put that all together.

Cr1kM0GXgAAD4Zz.jpg:large

That went really well. And surprisingly, the press asked a good range of questions, and nothing on emails.

I bet Matt Lauer's pathetic performance last night really drove home how beat to death the email topic is.

Hillary really should do this now often.

Absolutely. And the best part is that if she does enough of these, the journalists won't care about the lack of a formal press conference because to them getting 20 of these is more important than getting 1 press conference.

Even the Trump surrogates won't be able to bring up the press conference stat because the immediate response will be "She's doing practically a thousand of these press gaggles where she is answering questions without a TelePrompTer and unlike Trump doesn't need a helper next to her."

royalan

Absolutely. And the best part is that if she does enough of these, the journalists won't care about the lack of a formal press conference because to them getting 20 of these is more important than getting 1 press conference.

Even the Trump surrogates won't be able to bring up the press conference stat because the immediate response will be "She's doing practically a thousand of these press gaggles where she is answering questions without a TelePrompTer and unlike Trump doesn't need a helper next to her."

This was a press conference.

The gaggles are more what she does on the plane.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There are many horrible things that have been the result of this election cycle. Near the top of the list is more nutballs being exposed to infowars and Alex Jones.

No Junior. That was just her brain storing so much info that it's bursting from her ears.

She doesn't even have CSF. She instead has a fluid of even more important details cushioning her superior brain.

This was a press conference.

The gaggles are more what she does on the plane.

Holy shit. Even better. Now the Trump surrogates can't even claim she is hiding from doing a press conference.

If she keeps it up she can turn the tables and have the press start asking why Trump is hiding from anyone not from Fox.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That went really well. And surprisingly, the press asked a good range of questions, and nothing on emails.

I bet Matt Lauer's pathetic performance last night really drove home how beat to death the email topic is.

Hillary really should do this now often.

Well, I guess between last night's questions and the release of that e-mail the whole fiasco may well be done with.

Johnson apology tour coming soon to a city near you:

Cr1my4JWAAABN0q.jpg:large

Didn't stop Ana Navarro from dragging the fuck out of him on twitter.

A Leppo: new animal species that's mix between a leopard and a hippo. It is found in certain parts of Africa.

Krugman's Gore column earlier in the week really set the stage for Twitter to watch the watchmen (the rest of the media), and they certainly did so last night to Lauer.

I think it's clear that Hillary is really not a fan of the media but knows that they are almost the only way this election could be even close. She's going to hold her nose for a couple of months and play their games because that's what it takes to win (bigly).

In 8 years time we've gone from Sarah Palin saying Putin is rearing his head over the horizon across Alaska and that Obama was palling around with terrorist, to Trump saying he's going to say nice things about Putin because Putin says nice things about him, and that Putin is a better leader than our President.

Wow the Republican party has really changed in 8 years.

Geg

That morning consult thing is odd. New Mexico went from solid blue to light red, Ohio went from light red to solid blue, North Carolina stayed solid red both times

Even The Atlantic can't help themselves.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...oreign-policy-vision/499103/?utm_source=atlfb

At a candidate’s forum on Wednesday night, the Democratic nominee served up loads of specifics—but no positive story to weave them together.

And this was the title of the Facebook post which introduced the same article:

When it comes to policy, Hillary has always done micro better than macro. But on Wednesday night, Trump exposed what a problem that is.

Yeah, that's what Trump exposed. it wasn't that he knows nothing about how the world works. He exposed Hillary!

Un-fucking-real.

At least he has the deceny to apologize for his mistake unlike trump. He still is not that great of a presidential candidate, but I do think he's better than trump and stein.

I agree he's better than both of them, but the ticket should've been reversed.

Emarv

Seriously, I don't know if people dislike or hate Clinton so much that our only other options are 3 people wholly unqualified and unprepared to be President but people still trust them. It makes no sense and is a disgrace to the previous real, qualified candidates who actually had a chance.

This election is a joke.

That line is pretty terrible from the Atlantic given the format. You could either answer the questions or weave a pattern of responses, but you couldn't really do both.

You could also just smear shit on the wall and not get called out on it, which is what Trump did. I'm still convinced most people can't really take anything he says at face value ("how can a candidate really mean that? He's running for president!") and the hesitation to rip into him comes from people questioning whether or not he really said/meant what he meant he said and then relying on surrogates to let people having those self-questions know that it's the media's fault they view his comments negatively.

Gaslighting at scale. Your Republican nominee folks.

NeoXChaos

The next 4-8 years of Hillary Presidency with the media are going to be a train wreck. It really is going to be the 90's 2.0 but most of us now old enough to remember it.

Seriously, I don't know if people dislike or hate Clinton so much that our only other options are 3 people wholly unqualified and unprepared to be President but people still trust them. It makes no sense and is a disgrace to the previous real, qualified candidates who actually had a chance.

This election is a joke.

I feel bad for Romney.

Slayven

It's going to be really awkward for the media who has been tickling trump's balls all cycle when he launches Trump News and he calls them everything but their given name

Hillary ahead by 4 in a Rass poll? Leading in the USC thing? Giving a press conference? Did I wake up in the good timeline?

Also, I just got to snatch the wig off a racist and homophobic teacher so I'm feeling fucking AMAZING right now. A live pic of me atm:

MThkMmUyN2VmYyMvT0E5MjdEdnBTcTVTOTVnVUY4Si1KNG04RUhNPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vaXN4MnRxd3Z2enlyYnE5aGpjdHJxdnZ6YmV5N2Rkc2RjaGxzYXAzcXBwbWd4MGhhdmg5d2V3Z2l2Z2xwd3JjZC5naWY.gif

Also, I just got to snatch the wig off a racist and homophobic teacher so I'm feeling fucking AMAZING right now. A live pic of me atm:

https://thumbs.mic.com/MThkMmUyN2VmYyMvT0E5MjdEdnBTcTVTOTVnVUY4Si1KNG04RUhNPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vaXN4MnRxd3Z2enlYnE5aGpjdHJxdnZ6YmV5N2Rkc2RjaGxzYXAzcXBwbWd4MGhhdmg5d2V3Z2l2Z2xwd3JjZC5naWY.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Come on, you have to give us the deetz. Cant leave us hanging.

Every time these wacky 50 state poll results are inputted into 538, they shift the odds towards Trump slightly. Curious to see how this morning consult crap adds to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom