• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bright side, I have a sliver of hope the other networks/moderators are going to see how poorly this was received and not let Trump get away with it at the debates. I honestly think wheels are turning because of this.

I'm not hopeful with Holt or Wallace. I think Holt's going to play it safe, his lack of moderator experience will probably show. Can't believe they went with an inexperienced moderator for the most important debate.
Gimme Gwen or Tapper.

On the bright side, I have a sliver of hope the other networks/moderators are going to see how poorly this was received and not let Trump get away with it at the debates. I honestly think wheels are turning because of this.

Well, excluding Chris Wallace, yeah. Chris was asked again after what happened last night and doubled down.

Hopefully this push back and the fact that Clinton is talking with the press a lot more means that we are less likely to see journalists and debate moderators waste too much time on the emails.

Also Lauer isn't really a journalist. The debates will be hosted by actual journalists who are going to ask legitimate questions and have the ability to go back and forth with candidates.

Well, excluding Chris Wallace, yeah. Chris was asked again after what happened last night and doubled down.

Hopefully this push back and the fact that Clinton is talking with the press a lot more means that we are less likely to see journalists and debate moderators waste too much time on the emails.

its absolute joke that she gets asked about them pretty much every time she speaks, even though nothing new/relevant has been found, yet trump never gets asked about Trump U anymore, or his comment about the judge, or any other BS he has spewed.

They will never drop the email thing, but drop Trump's BS at the drop of a hat

I don't think Wallace really helps out Trump too much on the FP debate. Trump's just too far gone for moderation to really matter. He can't talk for the full length of the debate and not drop a dozen things that would torpedo a 'normal' candidate.

Teggy

As mentioned yesterday,

Cr2O-XCXYAAGyOG.jpg

SAD!

Clinton $143 million.

And what are they doing with that money? Clearly not opening offices in Florida or running many ads.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think Wallace really helps out Trump too much on the FP debate. Trump's just too far gone for moderation to really matter. He can't talk for the full length of the debate and not drop a dozen things that would torpedo a 'normal' candidate.

No, but at the very worst he could help prop him up.

And what are they doing with that money? Clearly not opening offices in Florida or running many ads.

going into the GOP campaign patronage machine, untargeted web ads, and other low-return efforts.

I wonder if Cruz or Jeb might have been able to centralize the campaign and cut off the traditional GOP campaign apparatus and run everything in house (the modern way that Obama pioneered). Learning from OFA isn't a crime against conservatism.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To be fair to Chris Wallace, though, he was fantastic in the primaries. Probably the best moderator.

Emarv

I'm not really worried about Wallace right now. I feel like Holt, Raddatz and Cooper will push back pretty hard on Trump's biggest lies in the first two debates that by the third (if we have a third), Wallace won't have to re-litigate those same lies again.

He'll just let the two talk and debate and let Trump hang himself while Hillary drags him (mixing metaphors, oops).

To be fair to Chris Wallace, though, he was fantastic in the primaries. Probably the best moderator.

Yup. He was largely fine in the primaries. Hell, most of the Fox debates weren't that bad, if my memory serves me.

Half of it goes towards Trump Tower rent and Corey's "severance pay".

The other half will go to manufacturing "Make Mexico Great Again Also" hats.

studyguy

Fox news moderator is probably gonna be hot garbage considering he's already admitted he won't push back on lies. Saying you're no factchecker is one thing, but when a presidential candidate is blatantly lying to your face and the country right in front of you and we just heard the truth not shortly before it... well.

Owzers

Rand Paul.....Trump would be better as commander and chief because he had the foresight to be against the Iraq war.

You're going to come on tv and tell lies?

Fox news moderator is probably gonna be hot garbage considering he's already admitted he won't push back on lies. Saying you're no factchecker is one thing, but when a presidential candidate is blatantly lying to your face and the country right in front of you and we just heard the truth not shortly before it... well.

I think it's a valid approach as long as you give the opponent an opportunity to call out the lies. There is something to be said for allowing the 3 different moderators to approach their roles with different philosophies.

Holmes

Oh, you mean the best.

I'll excuse the mistake though, as you've already made a mistake by not being born in Seattle or being a Seahawks fan, so I expect further errors from you.
I'm one of the lucky ones. There are actual people who were born in Seattle and love the Seahawks.... they need all our prayers.

Teggy

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Mexico has lost a brilliant finance minister and wonderful man who I know is highly respected by President Peña Nieto.

wat

....but yesterday he said this was a sign of how successful his trip was. I...I'm going to eat some lunch.

I'm one of the lucky ones. There are actual people who were born in Seattle and love the Seahawks.... they need all our prayers.

This sounds like something Matt Lauer would say right after asking Hillary why she couldn't satisfy her husband, forcing him to cheat, and conceding to Trump that Trump has a very good brain.

Exactly like that. Mess.

Rand carrying water for Trump given their dramatic differences on FP is just awful.

Overarching point-this election feels like everyone is pretty much locked in already on who they vote for, and polling seems to swing more on respondent enthusiasm than any real metric of shift in preferences. Trump making a giant idiot of himself after the RNC and Hillary having a great DNC? Hillary goes up. Hillary getting hounded for BS? Things get closer.

This election for Hillary isn't about convincing people anymore that they should vote for her-it's instead about making sure that the people that have made the decision that if they vote they will vote for her (in a two way) come out to vote.

Trump's angle is to try to use third party protest votes and try to drag this down to a point where a candidate wins with much less than a majority vote. That seems unlikely in the modern era, but really it's all he's got.

Edit: so torn on the seahawks. on one hand, Bobby Wagner (see avatar). On the other hand, No Fun League is icky and making me thing of Seattle sports makes me think of the Huskies. That makes me think of all the disappointment watching them lose to Oregon over and over. Sad!

PBY

Banned
Rand carrying water for Trump given their dramatic differences on FP is just awful.

Overarching point-this election feels like everyone is pretty much locked in already on who they vote for, and polling seems to swing more on respondent enthusiasm than any real metric of shift in preferences. Trump making a giant idiot of himself after the RNC and Hillary having a great DNC? Hillary goes up. Hillary getting hounded for BS? Things get closer.

This election for Hillary isn't about convincing people anymore that they should vote for her-it's instead about making sure that the people that have made the decision that if they vote they will vote for her (in a two way) come out to vote.

Trump's angle is to try to use third party protest votes and try to drag this down to a point where a candidate wins with much less than a majority vote. That seems unlikely in the modern era, but really it's all he's got.
This is a great point.

I think - and the 1600 guys said this a while back - it's probably a bad idea to think that Hill can pull moderate GOPers to her side. I think she just has to really pick up her own message and focus on turn out. Trump is going to dampen some GOP turnout too, and that should be enough. Won't be a landslide.

Seahawks discussing possibly sitting during the anthem at the 9/11 game opener.
if this happens, my only regret about leaving the terrible cult-y church I used to go to would be watching them struggle with worshipping the ground the Seahawks walk on and seeing them try to criticize them for taking this stance.

He is basically pretending like Clinton was in charge of handling thr Iraq war. You don't get to pretend like you were a genius for saying it was a mistake a few months in when everyone realized what a disaster it was going to be.

Owzers

Who's Trump fooling with this?
*sees polls*

Oh, a lot of people. Carry on.

If i had been in Congress at the time of invasion i would have cast a vote against it.

Wasn't the vote cast before the invasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom