• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously.

One of the PACs needs to come up with an ad with this Putin shit.

Okay, so you show clips of Trump praising Putin, followed by clips of people calling him out for this....then you ask "So what did Mr. Trump do?" BOOM "He gave an interview to the Kremlin run Russian propaganda network. Trump says he'll be our voice ,but maybe he speaks for someone else : insert picture of Putin: "

Also, unrelated

But my bf and I are moving in together and I'm pretty happy about that.

Nice! Still got the children?

Speaking of, what ever happened to Janeane Garofalo? I really liked her in the early 90s.

Last thing I saw with her was the Criminal Minds spinoff that tanked and ended on a cliffhanger.

I absolutely don't think Clinton will won Texas even in the most rosy of scenarios, BUT I can't think of any better fuckery than snatching the soul of the GOP in TX with Hillary Clinton.

Regardless, it's great news to hear the DNC starting to make an actual push to register voters and to help them mobilize. When AZ, GA, and TX are swing states, the GOP will be dead in the modern era.

Yeah, Dems in 20 years are going to be incredibly thankful for any infrastructure that Hillary sets up ahead of time.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/774064019346862081

Hahahahaha. "oops, I accidently interviewed with RT"

This had my crying. Of all the answers to give for why you'd do that. I'm picturing Trump walking in and going, "Oh shit, is that a hammer and sickle?" and the Russians go, "No, that's a moonshovel and signpost. The signpost says Make America Great Again."
"Ah, cool. Let's do this interview then."
"Звучит хорошо"
"What was that?"
"Oh, nothing."

You know who we need to test it on first as horrible as it would be:

(Largest picture of Ted Cruz I've ever seen)

I'm not sure I can see all of his pores in this one, maybe find another :p

Nice! Still got the children?

We definitely do. They won't be going anywhere. We had been talking about it, but we wanted to ask the kids first. The 5 year old thought he already lived at my house, and the 7 year old just wanted to know if he could get a new bunk bed....so they're fine with it. :)

We definitely do. They won't be going anywhere. We had been talking about it, but we wanted to ask the kids first. The 5 year old thought he already lived at my house, and the 7 year old just wanted to know if he could get a new bunk bed....so they're fine with it. :)

Getting domestic af :)

Great article on Feingold's comeback

https://www.thenation.com/article/russ-feingold-wants-to-lead-a-new-progressive-era-in-the-senate/

His former colleagues in the Senate, President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry, recognized this when they made him the special US envoy to Africa’s Great Lakes region and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. A longtime member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the author of a highly regarded book on diplomacy and intelligence, While America Sleeps: A Wake-up Call for the Post-9/11 Era, Feingold accepted the appointment as an extension of his many years of work as the Senate’s steadiest advocate for Africa. While other former senators were working for lobbying firms, he was trudging through remote jungle regions and featuring in a Politico article headlined “Did Russ Feingold Just End a War? The unlikely story of how the former Wisconsin senator made peace in Congo.”

"Sorry for not being Senator, I was too busy stopping a war"

Feingold being the ringleader of a new progressive caucus (namedrops Brown, Warren, Sanders, Merkley in the article) can only mean good things for the future of the nation.

sazzy

I emailed the NYTimes public editor about the changes in the article published about the CinC forum on their website.

Here's the link to the differences between the two:

http://newsdiffs.org/diff/1245445/1...y-clinton-donald-trump-national-security.html

I got a response from her.

Here's what she had to say:

Hi [name],

We've had a several inquiries about this. The reason for two different stories is that one writer was assigned to the print edition and one was assigned to the web edition. This is done routinely in big newsrooms with the resources to do it - it enables the web story to be updated more quickly and constantly through the night without the author worrying about print deadlines. Then, at the end of the night, the print story replaces the web story, usually because the print story is considered to be the more finished product, since its author had more time to focus on it.

I can say only that to the degree that the two versions differ on content and emphasis, it reflects the news judgment of the writer.

I hope that at least helps some.

Liz

NYT said:
I can say only that to the degree that the two versions differ on content and emphasis, it reflects the news judgment of the writer.

What happened to editors?

They should not allow such disparate reporting and revision, period.

sazzy

What happened to editors?

They should not allow such disparate reporting and revision, period.

Here's what I wrote back:

Hi Liz

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query.

I want to stress that I am not arguing for the 'correctness' of either of the articles specifically. If the NYTimes policy is to objectively report an event, then regardless of who writes the article, the end result should be a news article that has a similar tone and emphasis across 2, 4 or even 6 reporters.

All the best,
[name]

PS4 Pro decision chart:

-Do you have a 4K TV with HDR and low latency (note: seven total people can claim this is true) and don't want to watch 4K Blu-rays or already have a 4K Blu-ray player?

Then PS4 Pro is a better decision than PS4 Slim.

-Otherwise?

The PS4 Pro isn't for you, you aren't a professional.

Honestly, not sure the point of this console... Just wish Nintendo would reveal the NX already.

PS4 Pro decision chart:

-Do you have a 4K TV with HDR and low latency (note: seven total people can claim this is true) and don't want to watch 4K Blu-rays or already have a 4K Blu-ray player?

-Otherwise?

Honestly, not sure the point of this console... Just wish Nintendo would reveal the NX already.

The Pro will also give developers the opportunity to improve performance on both 1080p displays and PSVR. There is actually a pretty broad segment of the market that would benefit from it.

You just know Teddy would be a leather daddy.

You inspired me to do really deviant things with my time. Enjoy.

ipalCTj.gif

ixGSpAC.gif

ROSkmLe.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Great article on Feingold's comeback

https://www.thenation.com/article/russ-feingold-wants-to-lead-a-new-progressive-era-in-the-senate/

"Sorry for not being Senator, I was too busy stopping a war"

Feingold being the ringleader of a new progressive caucus (namedrops Brown, Warren, Sanders, Merkley in the article) can only mean good things for the future of the nation.
Feingold signs are literally the only signs in my hometown this cycle. I haven't seen a single Clinton or Trump sign up, but enough people are comfortable putting up Russ signs

Ecotic

I'll spare everyone the trouble. The Nintendo NX will be a console that cuts every corner, but it'll have a Hail Mary gimmick that Nintendo hopes will get people to buy it. The first-party won't be anything new, just Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and the other ancient franchises for all eternity.

God I'd give anything for Nintendo to be great again. I should put it on a hat and start a campaign. They'll do anything to not actually have to put in the hard work of organizational change. They're like a 40 year old that can't hold a job but constantly tries (and fails at) get rich quick schemes.

royalan

Just saw the Chris Matthews segment with Fooliani.

Y'all talk so much shit about him, and I agree with a lot of it. But Chris tonight showed why he still has a job, and why he is so highly regarded. He is simply the best in the business right now when it comes to knocking people he's interviewing off their talking points.

He made Giuliani look like a damn fool...

Debirudog

I mean, Matthews is like the Hulk. Loud, childish and short tempered but it just feels great when he's tearing down someone who's just utterly awful.

BanGy.nz

Banned
PS4 Pro decision chart:

-Otherwise?

You missed the main pro:

It's shinny and new and I'm bad at impluse control.

CCS

Banned
Great, now I'm diablosing that we're shifting to the pro-Hillary part of the news cycle too early and it won't last through the debate.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Great, now I'm diablosing that we're shifting to the pro-Hillary part of the news cycle too early and it won't last through the debate.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bae

you just want to hear me talk nerdy politicking to you. That's all this is. Don't lie.

CCS

Banned
bae

you just want to hear me talk nerdy politicking to you. That's all this is. Don't lie.

Talk dirty to me about the debates bae :p

Also, I've just watched Guiliani v Matthews. By god that was brutal. Best moment of the last month or so.

sazzy

Trump has created a silly drama over the following routine presidential campaign procedures:

1- tax returns
2- medical records
3- intelligence briefings
4- debates and moderators

All of the above are things in which campaigns just check the box and move on to real issues, but not Trump.

In addition, he's created drama about:

5- opponent's looks
6- Russia/Putin
7- name calling

I think its safe to say that Donald Trump is a huge drama queen.

Syncytia

Thanks Chris Hayes for reminding me of those little girls song at Trump's rally in January.

WAIT THEY'RE SUING THE CAMPAIGN HAHHAH

Talk dirty to me about the debates bae :p

Also, I've just watched Guiliani v Matthews. By god that was brutal. Best moment of the last month or so.

There will be six time segments, each will last fifteen long, minutes.
Each candidate will have two minutes to respond. In words. : winks :
Then, there is a chance for : whispers : a response.
giphy.gif

CCS

Banned
There will be six time segments, each will last fifteen long, minutes.
Each candidate will have two minutes to respond. In words. : winks :
Then, there is a chance for : whispers : a response.
giphy.gif

Oh bby

Sadly I cannot stay up for any of them, since I now actually have a job :p

Oh bby

Sadly I cannot stay up for any of them, since I now actually have a job :p

Just quit. It's fine. No one will have to know. I won't tell. Jobs are overrated. Trust.

I also realized I can live on 3 hours sleep pretty well! I haven't had more than that in .... a week? I'm fine though.

Banana.

Diablos

How is it going to get its election system hacked when the machines aren't connected online? And we have bigger problems to worry about anyway if the Russians actually were able to pull something. It would not benefit the guy who has been praising Putin all election
There are online systems and such that have usernames that could be hacked. All he needs is some kind of precedent to say RIGGED and go to the courts.

Also MN DFL party needs to stop with this crap about taking him off the ballot. He's not gonna win there anyway. What a stupid thing to do.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PS4 Pro decision chart:

-Otherwise?

Listen, honey, I don't understand your consternation over this. It will do better things on 1080p TVs as well. If you want a Real Gaming System with lots of blood and matoor games then you get a PS4pro BREH or else you are not a gamer. If you want to wait for what will surely be as disappointing as the 2016 U.S. Soccer Women's Team, Artpop, or the entire run of LOST, then go ahead and wait for NX. breh.

sazzy

Actually it will be all gary johnson all the time. Joe is so far up his own ass that when they make news they focus on it like it's the fucking millennium.

they just spent 20 minutes blasting the trump/putin bromance

and now they're talking about how the johnson incident is bringing attention to the humanitarian crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom