• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

way more liberal (former Obama staffers) and more informal. Kind of just two Dems laughing at the absurdity of Trump's campaign, but still a podcast i look forward to most weeks. They also have a pretty stellar history with guests.

KI1600 is fantastic

Radio Free GOP is better in terms of discussion, 1600 sometimes sounds like a self-righteous bunch.

The Pollsters is also interesting.

Thanks everyone. Think I will check Keepin' it 1600 out along with the others mentioned.

sazzy

trump supporter on CNN citing nbc online polls (which was trolled by r/donald) as proof that military people think trump as a better CinC

same guy who was earlier misreading polls, saying that clinton has much worse support among women than trump

Zukkoyaki

Everybody knows about Mississippi.. goddamn..

I drove through and stayed a couple of days in Mississippi back in January for a wedding right in the middle of the Mississippi Delta and man... what a tragic place. I've never seen anywhere more horrifyingly stuck in the past and so prone to self-inflicted wounds. Pretty much everywhere aside from the like two college towns is hemorrhaging money and schools, infrastructure, support programs, etc are suffering worse than anything I've seen at home (Missouri). They just continue to vote for lower taxes and continue to elect horrific candidates that actually manage to make things worse for them. The people there have absolutely clue how self-destructive they are. At least Kansas has learned its lesson (a bit) when it comes to extremely conservative elected officials. Mississippi is caught in a vicious cycle unlike anything I've ever seen.

It's easy to make fun of it for sure, but it really is a sad situation down there. I pity them. Hopefully the DNC eventually devotes significant resources to educating regions like this. Try to make these people understand that it would be in their best interests to vote liberal. Honestly, they should employ that strategy in every rural state/region.

mo60

Hopium injection coming by Latino Decisions among Latinos.

NC

Hillary 73
Trump 14

OH

Hillary 61
Trump 22

VA

Hillary 67
Trump 19

More to come..

I'm thinking at this point that if trump gets low enough latino support in states with a lot of latino voters he may not even break 18% of the latino vote and end up in the record books for the lowest share of the latino vote nationally in 40 years.

Wilsongt

Trump's new campaign jobs person is the CEO of Hardee's. Fitting. Hardee's has some of the slowest and worst customer service practices I have ever experinced at a fast food place.

14207747_1086421738080047_2682329347038609247_o.jpg

Learn the truth. go to infowars, now.

Trump's new campaign jobs person is the CEO of Hardee's. Fitting. Hardee's has some of the slowest and worst customer service practices I have ever experinced at a fast food place.
I can tell you when I worked there during college I was generally the only person who knew what the fuck he was doing.

Facebook says Meghan McCain set fire to Hillary's campaign. Oh well.
I just tried to see if I could find anything by googling Meghan McCain Hillary, nothing from today came up but her political views have been utterly delusional this whole cycle.

Article about Fiorina "warming up" Cruz lol

And then of course "the party I knew is dead!" No, your father killed your party when he picked woman Trump as his VP. You just showed up for the funeral honey.

Wilsongt

I can tell you when I worked there during college I was generally the only person who knew what the fuck he was doing.

I've been there many times where the individual manning the register was extremely sluggish.

I understand it's mininum wage and you hate it and you need the money, but come on... At least fix the stank face.

sazzy

They're hitting him hard on the Putin praise this morning. Russian TV is even trending on twitter now.

I think its also because of the CNN documentary on the 2 candidates.

Clinton's was balanced.

Trump's was a recap of all the shit he's done through out his life, and people from his past dissing him.

I've been there many times where the individual manning the register was extremely sluggish.

I understand it's mininum wage and you hate it and you need the money, but come on... At least fix the stank face.
Well I was never particularly happy to be there lol

I just compensated for my resting bitch face by being a competent employee. Incidentally my dad found out about Wellstone's death in 2002 from an extremely disgruntled and upset Burger King employee

Btw never tell an employee to smile

dHmgSZf.png

I resent that :(

At least we're not Mississippi

I honestly felt bad for my brother while he was stationed at Keesler AFB while in the Marines. Apparently there is shit to do outside the base, and if it's summer you try to stay indoors because of awful heat and humidity.

Quinnipiac

Florida
Rubio (R) 50
Murphy (D) 43

Pennsylvania
Toomey (R) 46
McGinty (D) 45

Ohio
Portman (R) 51
Strickland (D) 40

North Carolina

Senate

Burr (R) 49
Ross (D) 43

Governor

Cooper (D) 51
McCrory (R) 44

Blagh. Only good numbers there are for Cooper. Even Toomey leads. Best hope they're outliers, especially PA.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think its also because of the CNN documentary on the 2 candidates.

Clinton's was balanced.

Trump's was a recap of all the shit he's done through out his life, and people from his past dissing him.

That's because outside of his kids he treats everyone like shit.

I thought it was funny how they got Peter King on camera to say nice things about Hillary for her's.

Teggy

I just tried to see if I could find anything by googling Meghan McCain Hillary, nothing from today came up but her political views have been utterly delusional this whole cycle.

It was from a segment on Outnumbered yesterday. Interesting that it doesn't show up on google. It's trending on Facebook due to their new hands-free system that allows fringe sites to bubble up into the trends.

thebloo

The idea that Ryan would do the "right thing" is not grounded in reality. He has had multiple chances to do something and refused. He's ducking and hoping they keep the House.

That Burr/Ross number doesn't seem to jive with their Clinton/Trump results (presumably from the same polling sample). Burr's always run about 4 points ahead of Trump on average.

The idea that Ryan would do the "right thing" is not grounded in reality. He has had multiple chances to do something and refused. He's ducking and hoping they keep the House.

There's not much the congressional chamber leaders can do at a macro level to influence the results right now-there's just no oxygen in the press for them with people like Hillary and Trump around.

He's currently scared shitless at the thought that he might have to break the Hastert Rule to get a clean Zika bill passed.

I drove through and stayed a couple of days in Mississippi back in January for a wedding right in the middle of the Mississippi Delta and man... what a tragic place. I've never seen anywhere more horrifyingly stuck in the past and so prone to self-inflicted wounds. Pretty much everywhere aside from the like two college towns is hemorrhaging money and schools, infrastructure, support programs, etc are suffering worse than anything I've seen at home (Missouri). They just continue to vote for lower taxes and continue to elect horrific candidates that actually manage to make things worse for them. The people there have absolutely clue how self-destructive they are. At least Kansas has learned its lesson (a bit) when it comes to extremely conservative elected officials. Mississippi is caught in a vicious cycle unlike anything I've ever seen.

It's easy to make fun of it for sure, but it really is a sad situation down there. I pity them. Hopefully the DNC eventually devotes significant resources to educating regions like this. Try to make these people understand that it would be in their best interests to vote liberal. Honestly, they should employ that strategy in every rural state/region.

Mississippi will always look like this until we get our own JBE down here (c'mon Jim Hood, fucking run!). Economically, you're correct that people here are self-destructive, but they aren't voting against their interests. Everything down here is viewed socially. If you're pro-choice in MS, you won't get elected as a dogcatcher, let alone a state position. Gay marriage? Hell no. Gun restrictions? Hell no. Etc...

People here actually aren't opposed to economic liberal policy (as long as they don't find out it's liberal!) but if you're not right-wing socially, you aren't welcome here.

I honestly felt bad for my brother while he was stationed at Keesler AFB while in the Marines. Apparently there is shit to do outside the base, and if it's summer you try to stay indoors because of awful heat and humidity.

Yeah, that's in one of the most popular hangouts too. Imagine me growing up in rural Mississippi. 30 minutes to drive to fucking Walmart.

And people who haven't been down here in MS, AL, LA, etc.. really can't comprehend to terrible heat. You never get used to it. It's blazing hot until October (if you're lucky, sometimes later). The humidity makes you feel like you're swimming. One of the most accurate portrayals of what Southern people look like is in the movie A Time to Kill, because every single person in the whole film is glistening with sweat. I tell people that move here not to feel self-conscious about it (some of them even re-apply deodorant like 6 times a day and bring multiple shirts to work); no one notices because we're all sweating like crazy.

It wouldn't matter, Ryan's career would be over. He picks Trump, Trump destroys the GOP by being the single worst president the country has ever seen and/or brings fascism to America. Ryan gets blamed (or is kicked out in two years on the Democrat wave in response to Trump). He picks Hillary, he still gets blamed and cast aside by his own party for being a "traitor" even though long term having Hillary be president is better for the GOP than Trump.

He couldn't win. So you'd hope he'd make the decision that wasn't destroying his own party and potentially damaging American democracy.

In this scenario, chances are, Hillary would have a pretty decent lead in the popular vote, which would make things even worse for Ryan's decision.

Ryan doesn't decide. If ithe electoral college throws it to the House, the House votes by state delegation. Republicans control state delegations by a wide margin (not sure what, but it's north of 30 out of 50). He wouldn't be able to overcome that even if he wanted to, which he wouldn't do anyway on Supreme Court picks alone.

Fox318

Hilary Clinton actually died in 1982.

They had a contest to find a replacement.

Theres a doc coming to netflix soon.

connect the dots

AndyD

aka andydumi
It kind of baffles me how many Trump supports ignore this considering the majority of his voting base grew up during the cold war era...

It's not surprising at all. They generally viewed military might and a certain amount of authoritarianism and projection of force, at least on the international field, as the way to go. Space race, nukes, Vietnam, Berlin/Germany, Cuba and so forth.

Putin is doing just that in Syria, Ukraine while the US is not, instead relying of supporting local forces. So the one viewed as having the strength is Russia. Nevermind what's "right", it's the perception.

Ryan doesn't decide. If ithe electoral college throws it to the House, the House votes by state delegation. Republicans control state delegations by a wide margin (not sure what, but it's north of 30 out of 50). He wouldn't be able to overcome that even if he wanted to, which he wouldn't do anyway on Supreme Court picks alone.

I thought in the event of an electoral college tie, the Speaker is the tie breaker?

It still seems dumb to me that the system would even allow for a tie... give DC one extra vote or something to balance it out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hilary Clinton actually died in 1982.

They had a contest to find a replacement.

Theres a doc coming to netflix soon.

connect the dots

Isn't that the plot of a Kevin Kline movie?

I thought in the event of an electoral college tie, the Speaker is the tie breaker?

It still seems dumb to me that the system would even allow for a tie... give DC one extra vote or something to balance it out.

No, it's by House delegations. The GOP Reps would just ignore Ryan since all he gets is a single vote within the Wisconsin delegation to choose that state's vote. This is the rule for any situation where no candidate hits 270.

Revolver

It kind of baffles me how many Trump supports ignore this considering the majority of his voting base grew up during the cold war era...

I can only imagine the uproar from them if it was Hillary. They keep trying to bring up the Russian reset but there's a difference between trying to improve relations and ass-kissing a ruthless strongman.

sazzy

The media needs to stop pushing Trump on the birther thing, and instead push him on tax returns.

They're driving this issue into a frenzy again, and (I'm expecting) he's going to relent in the first debate and come out on top.

Balphon

It's quite possible that a potential tie would be avoided by an elector not voting for Trump. They aren't all bound, are they?

Possibly, but they'd have to also vote for Clinton for the House to not get involved. And as far as perceived illegitimacy goes, that'd be about as bad as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom