• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANDREA MITCHELL GIVING US HILLARY'S MEDICAL HISTORY!

Adam, reign in your woman!
She ain't mine! That's on someone else.

My local CBS station covered it perfectly. They showed the video, but they still covered it very well. Said that she had been diagnosed with pneumonia and told to rest, but she still wanted to attend the 9/11 memorial. That she was given antibiotics, and that her doctor says she's fine.

I haven't checked GAF for a few hours, I see a notification that Clinton is being treated for pneumonia and think "OH that explains EVERYTHING and as long as they're on top of it she'll be fine I'm a lot less worried now" then I check these threads again and people are running around like their hair is on fire.

Definitely less GAF checking in the future.

kess

images

DID SOMEONE SAY SECOND LEAST PRESIDENT WHOOOAAHO

Joeytj

Banned
if she stayed, she'll be attacked for staying at home and not attending a 9/11 funeral.

Yeah, the campaign knows that, no matter what, she would've been criticised. If she hadn't attended the ceremony, the right would not have believed pneumonia as an excuse, especially since the campaign didn't announce the diagnosis on Friday, when it happened.

Coupled with the "deplorables" comments, they would've thought it was a sign that she was hiding because of them.

Crazy as it sounds, Hillary knew it was better to risk fainting on video than be AWOL.

And why isn't anybody pointing out that Trump also left the ceremony early. What was his excuse?

I haven't checked GAF for a few hours, I see a notification that Clinton is being treated for pneumonia and think "OH that explains EVERYTHING and as long as they're on top of it she'll be fine I'm a lot less worried now" then I check these threads again and people are running around like their hair is on fire.

Definitely less GAF checking in the future.

Yes, we are all to hyper-sensitive to this, and it gets annoying. The real world is watching football and reacting only passingly to this news, like "hope she's ok", but it's not something Hillary DID, but that has happened to her. Although, this might depress Hillary supporters of course, but her simply campaigning again and the debates will help her. Let's not forget Obama enters the campaign on Tuesday, as well as others.

Agains, let's hope she recovers quickly, gets better, bla bla.

Ever-growing list of things forbidden until November 9th

1. Leave the thread
  2. Paint a room
  3. Cross an international border

Also, don't get engaged. I think that's what almost did in Hillary. We subverted the hetero normative identity so completely, she almost died.

Also, HOT TAKE:

You know how everyone says Donald Trump is a Dem Plant? What if Hillary Clinton is a GOP plant, that is doing all this because she owes Trump money for all the hotel rooms she and Huma have run away to!?

CHECK MATE LIBERALS.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think Hillary's campaign should have announced the pneumonia the moment it was diagnosed. Today would have been a non-issue.

Emarv

Glancing through the Facebook trending topic for this story (because i hate myself), it seems split about 50/50 between people saying she's super tough and people saying she's dying of Parkinson's or something. Need further analysis to see if this is a net positive for her. Stay tuned!

studyguy

Glancing through the Facebook trending topic for this story (because i hate myself), it seems split about 50/50 between people saying she's super tough and people saying she's dying of Parkinson's or something. Need further analysis to see if this is a net positive for her. Stay tuned!

Illuminati should have given her more virgin blood transfusions and sacrificed a couple more innocent swing state conservative voters to avoid this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Hillary's campaign should have announced the pneumonia the moment it was diagnosed. Today would have been a non-issue.

I think so. Obviously they are dealing with the alt right saying she is dying, but I think I'd disclose. Say she wanted to quickly stop off at the 9/11 memorial and then back to bed. Nobody would care.

This kind of reminds me of the west wing when Alan Alda breaks his hand from shaking so many hands.

If she hadn't passed out today, we likely wouldn't have even known she had it. I don't think politicians announce every ailment they manage to pick up over the course of a campaign. Unless Obama hasn't been sick in almost 9 years, which seems unlikely.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If she hadn't passed out today, we likely wouldn't have even known she had it. I don't think politicians announce every ailment they manage to pick up over the course of a campaign. Unless Obama hasn't been sick in almost 9 years, which seems unlikely.

Obama doesn't have the Trust PR problem Clinton does. Should she have to release this info? No, it's her choice. But the PR move would have been to be open about it.

shem935

Banned
Obama doesn't have the Trust PR problem Clinton does. Should she have to release this info? No, it's her choice. But the PR move would have been to be open about it.

If the optics argument is now that because she didn't disclose the moment she contracted an illness people will trust her less then imma check out now.

Joeytj

Banned

Would be fun for Obama to reveal he had pneumonia too during one of his campaigns but nobody noticed.

If I remember correctly, he got a cold several times during his 08 and 12 campaigns, once or twice having to postpone events because he needed to get better.

And let's not pretend Trump hasn't come down with something during a year and a half of campaigning. Most likely, Trump has also had to lay quiet for a day or two because of stomach flu or even pneumonia, but nobody ponders about his health because he's a man.

If the optics argument is now that because she didn't disclose the moment she contracted an illness people will trust her less then imma check out now.

Like I've always argued, optics is a garbage term that produces garbage discussion. I think I'm out on political threads for awhile. Liberals drive nuts sometimes.

Debirudog

I give up. Some of you guys would be picky on the Campaign no matter what they do.

SHE SHOULD APPEAR MORE OFTEN.
SHE SHOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED SHE WAS SICK.

Teggy

An Edward Snowden movie? Really, queen? Will it delve into Wikileaks becoming an arm of the Russian propoganda machine?

Supposedly it is based on some crazy ass book - so crazy that JGL refuses to answer any questions related to it. Why he agreed to do the movie if he disavows the source material is another question.

Holmes

It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback but honestly this is fine? She came down with an illness...big deal. Only annoying thing is she'll be off the trail for a couple of days but it is what it is.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
can we FOIA her medical records?

No.

You've already got rampant rumors of stupid stuff out there. Simply saying she has pneumonia is harmless and would've have drastically reduced the media coverage of this. Instead, this will be talked about for days.

Diablos

I give up. Some of you guys would be picky on the Campaign no matter what they do.

Don't you see the double standard? Hillary has to be perfect. Trump can make a year's worth of inflammatory comments to say the least and exhibit erratic borderline insane behavior but that's OK. At least OK enough for the media to look the other way when it counts and ignore his various controversies. The media has completely failed this year.

Hillary can't even get sick without dealing with tons of unwarranted criticism.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback but honestly this is fine? She came down with an illness...big deal. Only annoying thing is she'll be off the trail for a couple of days but it is what it is.

It'd be good if Obama could sub in for a day and Michelle for the next. :)

It isn't unreasonable to be tired and frustrated at this point.

I'm just tired of worrying. Sure, part of that is on me for over reacting. Part of it is on the media and their double standards of how they cover this stuff. But a lot of it is on the campaign and their haphazard way of navigating through any controversy.

Diablos

So if she got diagnosed on Friday, and didn't start taking the medication until Friday, THEN MAYBE CHRIS CUOMO HAS PNEUMONIA! Hillary is trying to kill CNN anchors.

Debirudog

I just feel sickened (no pun intended) that a workaholic who feels obligated to go to a memorial regardless of her sickness must be scrutinized for this controversy. If the pnuemonia wasn't even contagious then what is the controversy? That she worked herself to death and wanted to hide it so the media won't make a big stink out of it.

When Trump keeps espousing bullshit about your health being on a decline, I'm not sure what else her option was. It was unfortunate timing.

Clinton can't win.

Boke1879

I just feel sickened (no pun intended) that a workaholic who feels obligated to go to a memorial regardless of her sickness must be scrutinized for this controversy. If the pnuemonia wasn't even contagious then what is the controversy? That she worked herself to death and wanted to hide it so the media won't make a big stink out of it.

When Trump keeps espousing bullshit about your health being on a decline, I'm not sure what else her option was. It was unfortunate timing.

Clinton can't win.

She can't. If they tell us about this on Friday. Guess what. You'd still have diablosing all over the place. She doesn't pass out and we are none the wiser to it. It's shitty timing etc.

But going forward if her campaign is smart you play the mom/woman angle on this.You put on your workface and you keep trucking.

Also Trump knew about this. He was informed about it right after she left.

Goodstyle

Like I've always argued, optics is a garbage term that produces garbage discussion. I think I'm out on political threads for awhile. Liberals drive nuts sometimes.

Seriously guys? Are no concerns allowed to be expressed? There's obviously something very wrong with Hillary's health. Either it was pneumonia (which means some very important info was being withheld), or it's something worse that we don't know about. My only hope is that this doesn't become an issue during the debates. If she passes out or has a 4 minute coughing fit during one of those, we're fucked, plain and simple. Let's not pretend otherwise because it's more convenient, and I sure as hell better not see anyone saying "it can't happen".

After today it isn't conspiracy mongering to talk about it, this is serious shit. I'm not talking hidden syringes and metal contraptions, I'm talking 'will-she-get-through-X-event-with-no-issues' type stuff. Everyone saw her staff 'Weekend At Bernies' her ass into a limo head first after passing out in mild weather. Call it whatever you want, bad optics, 'not a good look', whatever. That isn't normal, that's terrifying since we're up against an orange, dimwitted, sociopath.

If she did the latter, we wouldn't be asking for the former.

Sianos

the new right-wing optics argument is that hillary's health is in fact TOO STRONG

and she is putting america at risk by not taking time off to recover even though we've incidentally been bombarding her about she's too weak and how if she got sick she'd just keel over and die

the option select is too real right now
dac15_face.gif

royalan

Let's face it, this would have been an issue whether Hillary announced when she was diagnosed or not. And I think it's understandable that she wouldn't want to. Hell, when I was a kid my mother was famous for hiding when she was sick until she absolutely couldn't conceal it. And even then, good luck getting her to stay in bed. I think that's an experience a lot of people can relate to.

Boke1879

Seriously guys? Are no concerns allowed to be expressed? There's obviously something very wrong with Hillary's health. Either it was pneumonia (which means some very important info was being withheld), or it's something worse that we don't know about. My only hope is that this doesn't become an issue during the debates. If she passes out or has a 4 minute coughing fit during one of those, we're fucked, plain and simple. Let's not pretend otherwise because it's more convenient, and I sure as hell better not see anyone saying "it can't happen".

After today it isn't conspiracy mongering to talk about it, this is serious shit. I'm not talking hidden syringes and metal contraptions, I'm talking 'will-she-get-through-X-event-with-no-issues' type stuff. Everyone saw her staff 'Weekend At Bernies' her ass into a limo head first after passing out in mild weather. Call it whatever you want, bad optics, 'not a good look', whatever. That isn't normal, that's terrifying since we're up against an orange, dimwitted, sociopath.

If she did the latter, we wouldn't be asking for the former.

A statement came out saying she has Pneumonia, and she was dehydrated. Like it's no shock that she fainted. Again it's not a good look, but it's not shocking that it happened. She's looked fine up until this point.

Again it doesn't look good if you feed into the conspiracy shit. Getting sick happens, Getting Pneumonia happens. Unfortunately it happened to her in a very grand way.

Sure as hell better than what we have now! I'd rather Hillary stayed home and got better while Trump ran his mouth, than go out and get humiliated like this.

On the other hand, even if she had a legitimate medical excuse, she would risk so much more fallout had she skipped out on the 9/11 memorial today. She didn't know beforehand that she was going to have a fainting spell at the event today.

Mizerman

Sure as hell better than what we have now! I'd rather Hillary stayed home and got better while Trump ran his mouth, than go out and get humiliated like this.

No it wouldn't. If she stayed home during 9/11, she would've been criticized for missing the event, illness or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom