• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Banned
Scott Adams. A man who's opinions should never be given any attention whatsoever.

Scott Adams?

c36f8f90cbca739d87fae2090ddceae8.jpg

It's amazing how sexist he is despite creating Alice.

Slizeezyc

It is fucking incredible how many people will choose do nothing idiot trump over Clinton. Republican assholes have done an incredible job at tarnishing her achievements, disgraceful fuckers.

I remember how pissed she was about this, and rightfully so. She doesn't run from this either, she's brought it up many times. She was so angry that no one would listen to her -- it's similar to the Zika stuff now in a way.

Piecake

Since taking office, Comey has repeatedly injected his views into executive branch deliberations on issues such as sentencing reform and the roots of violence against police officers. He has undermined key presidential priorities such as crafting a coherent federal policy on cybersecurity and encryption. Most recently, he shattered longstanding precedent by publicly offering his own conclusions about the FBI’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email. (The FBI did not respond to a request for comment.)

It would be difficult to argue—in terms of temperament, manner, or motivation—that he is, or ever will be, the next J. Edgar Hoover. But increasing numbers of critics believe he has displayed a worrying disregard for the rules and norms that have constrained all but one of his predecessors, straying with blithe confidence—and with increasing regularity—across the fine line that separates independence from unaccountability.

These concerns were only whispered about until July, when the FBI director’s public disposition of the Hillary Clinton email investigation stoked national controversy. Since then, even some of Comey’s supporters have been forced to concede that his exercise of power has been without precedent in the post-Hoover era. Among dozens of current and former Justice Department officials, this realization has given way to a rising sense of alarm: that our next president will find Comey just as untouchable as Hoover once was—and perhaps nearly as troublesome.

“[Comey] is totally acting inappropriately,” says criminal defense attorney Nick Akerman, a former U.S. attorney and special assistant Watergate prosecutor. “There’s no question about it.”

The Case Against James Comey
Not since Hoover has an FBI director shown such a lack of accountability.

Maengun1

It's nice to pull your head out of the internet for air once in a while. Did some talking/texting to friends and family who are less politics obsessed than me, and none of them (not one) had even heard about Hillary's spell/pneumonia, lol. Pretty much no one watched any TV other than football today. When I told them, no one cared other than "hope she feels better" and "these freakin' campaigns shouldn't last 2 years, I can't believe how well she's doing running around nonstop every day"

Granted, these are all reasonable people who always vote Dem anyway, but still. I need to remind myself that the people making a big stink over this stuff 1) already hate her, and 2) live in the dark corners of twitter 24/7

Stressful weekend though. I would love to see some better polls this week

Veelk

Banned

I always found it strange how the GOP took "She was careless" as some kind of victory. It's obviously not a good thing, but the actual conclusions stated here were that she was innocent...yet the email narrative intensified rather than lessened.

I know that it was always BS and politically driven, but it was probably then that it was probably the turning point for me when I realized how empty this scandal was. Chris Cristie leading the RNC like a cult leader with his "trial" is when I realized how little anyone cared about the actual truth of it though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Well, after all the negative stuff that went on today, I figure gaf could use some good news.

It turns out that my appeal for my UE benefits (which were stopped back in June) has been approved! Now I got both government run healthcare (medicaid) AND I get paid to not work! :D

Thanks Obama.

Boke1879

Not sure if you meant this as a joke, but this is totally true.

Thanks, Obama became a meme for a reason, and it's gonna take new life once Clinton takes the helm.

It was partially a joke. I know good and damn well Clinton will be under the microscope if she's President.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The Times was pretty harsh during Bill's presidency as well. Wonder why they hate the Clintons so much.

Bit of shine coming off the old gray lady this cycle sadly

Just like Iraq, they can't handle making judgement they just regurgitate things because they fear being called "liberal"

I also think we're really seeing this cycle the fact these newsrooms vs new media are extraordinary white and don't see trump the same way. See how huffpost, buzzfeed, fusion cover this race vs. times and nbc

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just like Iraq, they can't handle making judgement they just regurgitate things because they fear being called "liberal"

I also think we're really seeing this cycle the fact these newsrooms vs new media are extraordinary white and don't see trump the same way. See how huffpost, buzzfeed, fusion cover this race vs. times and nbc

I think it's more that new media doesn't care if they get labeled as liberal or not due to the different media landscape.

AP has been especially embarrassing this cycle.

A possible move would be to have doctors from various news organizations be given access to her records or some independent doctor to verify what her physician says.

studyguy

A possible move would be to have doctors from various news organizations be given access to her records or some independent doctor to verify what her physician says.

Some whack job doctors already called her unfit for president due to concerning health signs BEFORE this weekend, the documents would just get spun as well.

Some whack job doctors already called her unfit for president due to concerning health signs BEFORE this weekend, the documents would just get spun as well.

The point is the whack jobs will do what they want to do. You get the reasonable people to back you up. Sanjay Gupta and others for instance would say they've seen the records and it matches what was in the note and nothing alarming came up.

Diablos

At this point I don't even care if we don't win back the senate and Hillary wins in a squeaker. It's that bad. Trump is that fucking bad.

Lots of people disconnect from politics over the weekend, for many of of them tomorrow will be the first time they see the video of Hillary fainting.

royalan

At this point I don't even care if we don't win back the senate and Hillary wins in a squeaker. It's that bad. Trump is that fucking bad.

Lots of people disconnect from politics over the weekend, for many of of them tomorrow will be the first time they see the video of Hillary falling.

Why would it be a squeaker? She's gaining again according to polls released this weekend.

Tarkus

Why are people freaking out so much about mycoplasma pneumonia, aka walking pneumonia, aka atypical pneumonia? It's a simple treatment of 5 days of antibiotics at this point -> a "Z pack." Chill the fuck out people.

Diablos

Why would it be a squeaker? She's gaining again according to polls released this weekend.
These polls are before her deplorables comment and the fainting. I would wait until the next batch much later in the week before feeling too confident about these ones.

Breaking news on CNN: Hillary cancels California trip

Imagine if Sanders or any other man (especially a Republican) had the weekend she did.

Got pneumonia. Did a ton of campaigning. Struggled through to pay respects to the victims of 9/11.

If it was a guy we'd be talking how tough he is for fighting on and how patriotic and how brave he is and that this is evidence of how much he loves his country.

Instead we get either Clinton is dying

Or Clinton is an irresponsible lying fool who could have started the next plague.

It's fucking shameful.

Boke1879

These polls are before her deplorables comment and the fainting. I would wait until the next batch much later in the week before feeling too confident about these ones.

Breaking news on CNN: Hillary cancels California trip

I don't think the deplorables comment was getting that much negative traction from people who wouldn't be offended by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom