• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothingtoseehere.gif

Just as bad as the 'world is ending' posters. There's somewhere in the middle, here. She's lost a *lot* of ground in the last 4 weeks.

Yes, she's still in a good place right now. But states that were safe a few weeks ago are now leaning Trump- That's not good. If that trend continues, it's quite problematic in fact. I don't see why discussing that is doomsaying.
Oh my god you can be confident without being cocky.

What safe Clinton states are leaning Trump? When were FL and OH ever safe, the two closest Obama states? And if Clinton still leads the aggregate it's really hard to call them leaning Trump.

I'll cede she's lost ground and this has been a rough week for her. Guess what? She's still ahead. Qpac (never a pro-Clinton pollster by any measure) had a national poll out today with Clinton ahead by 5. No one poll alone is going to give us the full picture.

Oh my god you can be confident without being cocky.

What safe Clinton states are leaning Trump? When were FL and OH ever safe, the two closest Obama states? And if Clinton still leads the aggregate it's really hard to call them leaning Trump.

I'll cede she's lost ground and this has been a rough week for her. Guess what? She's still ahead.

We don't know much of anything until we see more state polls that take in account the last week or so.

Why is Hillary on Coumadin and not a better blood thinner? I couldn't do that stuff for more than a month or so because having to have a blood test every couple of days was mind numbing. Switched to Pradaxa and haven't looked back. It's so easy for your blood to get too thin in warfarin. I always felt like shit when that happened. Lightheaded/woozy.

(I have blood clot issues too)

Crisco

Banned
lol now people are second guessing a damn coumadin prescription, which has been known about for years. I never knew gaf had so many doctors.

royalan

Can we start recognizing that the basket of deplorables line wasn't a net benefit? Beyond the August slide that shouldn't have happened, the last two weeks were terrible for her. Some of it was manufactured by the media (Clinton Foundation), but a lot of it was the Clinton campaign's fault. The deplorable line, while factually correct, gave Trump a chance to act like he is above the fray and allowed him to look better towards our glorious bunch of short term memory voters.

What suggests that it wasn't a benefit?

If pneumonia-gate didn't hurt her #BasketofDeplorables wouldn't either, they happened at the same time.

Kaine's medical:

CsV790QWIAAm9Gn.jpg

Bowdz

I think a lot of us recognize that she is still the favorite in this race and that VA, PA, NH is the path to victory if all else fails, BUT don't want to hand wave away what's been a period of moderate fuckups on her and her campaign's behalf. I know that I want them to fix their campaign style before this is too late instead of constantly saying "yeah well, it was always going to be close and she's still got an EV lead". I don't buy that she is hostage to Trump's machinations. She is a damn good politician with a great, top tier campaign and she can absolutely drive the narrative every day if they adjust appropriately and start campaigning vigorously.

I trust Mook and company, and still believe that they are the overwhelming favorites, but it doesn't mean I think they haven't made mistakes that have cost them nationally.

I don't think reasonable criticism is Diablosing. She's running against Donald Trump of all people. He will always get at least 40 percent of the vote, but if he is getting 48 percent, that is on Clinton and her team for not taking charge of a race that should be a blowout.

These muthas with their blood pressures just gets my shit.

On a good day, I'm 140/100. On a good day. Today? I just took it, and I'm at 180/110. lolol. Mess. (And, I'm not obese, and I don't eat that poorly. My family just has terrible HBP).

Boke1879

What suggests that it wasn't a benefit?

If pneumonia-gate didn't hurt her #BasketofDeplorables wouldn't either, they happened at the same time.

Even still. That shit needed to be said. Quit trying to wooo the #NeverTrump group and get real particular about where Trump gets a large portion of his base.

I think a lot of us recognize that she is still the favorite in this race and that VA, PA, NH is the path to victory if all else fails, BUT don't want to hand wave away what's been a period of moderate fuckups on her and her campaign's behalf. I know that I want them to fix their campaign style before this is too late instead of constantly saying "yeah well, it was always going to be close and she's still got an EV lead". I don't buy that she is hostage to Trump's machinations. She is a damn good politician with a great, top tier campaign and she can absolutely drive the narrative every day if they adjust appropriately and start campaigning vigorously.

I trust Mook and company, and still believe that they are the overwhelming favorites, but it doesn't mean I think they haven't made mistakes that have cost them nationally.

I don't think reasonable criticism is Diablosing. She's running against Donald Trump of all people. He will always get at least 40 percent of the vote, but if he is getting 48 percent, that is on Clinton and her team for not taking charge of a race that should be a blowout.

Yeah, I agree with that, though. I'm curious to see what happens when Hillary comes back on the trail on tomorrow. Though my guess is that the race is going to be fundamentally altered, again, at the debates.

Media: Transparency! Transparency! Transparency!

Clinton camp: Alrighty, here's everything you ever wanted to know about Tim Kaine's subcutaneous cysts but were too afraid to ask.

I wonder why she's not on one of factor Xa inhibitors though. She's not a poor.

Assuming because she's been on it for a while and generally doctors stick with what works plus there are some minor trade offs with xarelto and the like compared to Coumadin. I'd assume she'd be started on the Xa inhibitors if she presented today. Wish I had her bp and cholesterol and I'm 45 years younger.

Dierce

Clinton should come out in favor of legalizing marijuana. She will immediately get at least half of Johnson's supporters. I still don't understand why Democrats still make an issue of this when it is clear that the majority of Americans favor legalization.

Yeah, I don't think we'll have a clear idea of what shape the race will take until the first debate.

Clinton's gotta nail it. And hopefully she or the moderators get under Trump's skin somehow so he says or does something really stupid.

I want an 8 point lead again personally.

For some context:

In terms of efficacy, warfarin (Coumadin) is not any more or less effective compared to the newer, more expensive medications.

In terms of safety, many physicians are skeptical of the new medications; while the pivotal clinical trials suggest they have a lower risk of a bleed the trials have some pretty damning issues with how safety information was collected for their duration.

Warfarin has also been used for several decades now - yes, it's a tad obnoxious with all the interactions and constant need for monitoring, but it's kind of an "enemy you know" thing with a lot of practitioners. Many practitioners also prefer warfarin because it has an easy reversal agent (vitamin K) - this is a bit of a misunderstanding because that reversal agent is practically useless, but false comforts commonly dictate prescribing habits as much as evidence.

The point is, there's nothing "strange" about someone being on warfarin over rivaroxaban, dabigatran, or apixaban.

I'm disappointed and worried from a 6-8 point lead turning into a 2-3 point lead and I think that is reasonable.

Anyway, my college campus library is now renting out video games... Not sure why college libraries do this, but okay.

Yeah, I don't think we'll have a clear idea of what shape the race will take until the first debate.

Clinton's gotta nail it. And hopefully she or the moderators get under Trump's skin somehow so he says or does something really stupid.

I want an 8 point lead again personally.
Guy was talking about his hands again today off-script. He's gonna get destroyed, that's all but guaranteed.

Interestingly, this is shaping Hillary as the underdog which can only be a good thing.

I'm disappointed and worried from a 6-8 point lead turning into a 2-3 point lead and I think that is reasonable.

Anyway, my college campus library is now renting out video games... Not sure why college libraries do this, but okay.

LV screening is fucking up everything, making the race closer than it is.

For some context:

In terms of efficacy, warfarin (Coumadin) is not any more or less effective compared to the newer, more expensive medications.

In terms of safety, many physicians are skeptical of the new medications; while the pivotal clinical trials suggest they have a lower risk of a bleed the trials have some pretty damning issues with how safety information was collected for their duration.

Warfarin has also been used for several decades now - yes, it's a tad obnoxious with all the interactions and constant need for monitoring, but it's kind of an "enemy you know" thing with a lot of practitioners. Many practitioners also prefer warfarin because it has an easy reversal agent (vitamin K) - this is a bit of a misunderstanding because that reversal agent is practically useless, but false comforts commonly dictate prescribing habits as much as evidence.

The point is, there's nothing "strange" about someone being on warfarin over rivaroxaban, dabigatran, or apixaban.
Thanks for the info! That makes sense of course.

They main reason I was bumped to Pradaxa was because I couldn't cover those blood tests without insurance (I wasn't insured then) and the cost of moving to Pradaxa was insanely cheaper than staying on Coumadin. My labs were $30-$50 and i was having them every day sometimes. :\

Ugh healthcare in this country is a mess.

Instead of Diablos lets return to earlier discussions on free will (and the lack thereof) and how that impacts policy! A throwback to the primary season.

Or alternatively a rousing debate on warfarina vs newer anticoagulants and what Pubmed says about up and coming treatments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom