• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should choose: Gwen Ifill, Scott Pelley, and Lester Holt for the presidential debates and Martha Raddatz for the VP debate again. They could swap in John Dickerson or Anderson Cooper if they needed to.
Problem with Lester is he's never moderated a debate. Dickerson would be a good choice. Cooper would be a bad choice, I think he would interfere too much.

Gwen, Dickerson and Tapper. Raddatz for the VP debate.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
On Saturdays I work in a very busy I-95 toll booth that essentially serves as the front door to the state of Maine. It's a $3 toll so it's common for people to give me attitude about having to pay it, especially in the summer.

So, you essentially work in LePage's wall?
Just hope it does not turn into Papers Please.

Please not Lester Holt. Not in the Presidential debate, at least. He's never hosted a debate before. Plus, I find him tiring. Maybe give him the Veep debate to get his feet wet for 2020 or something.

All this Civ talk made me repost this:

BsDuSzS.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CNN reporting that debate moderators won't be announced until after Labor Day. The main names they say are likely are Anderson Cooper, Lester Holt and Martha Raddatz.

I'm believing for Dickerson, too, but I can definitely see Anderson. Trump and Hillary both seem to like him.

Trump's going to complain if the Moderator is anyone other than Sean Hannity. Will probably fuel his "won't do the debates" rhetoric. Still think in the end he'll do the first one, but baring a Clinton meltdown, will drop out of them afterwards.

He'll do the first debate and the townhall but there's almost zero chance he'll do the foreign policy debate. All of the comments about not doing the debates were so that when he opted out of the one where his positions are not defensible and that actually requires detailed debate prep, people will say "well he did the other ones, so that's OK"

Piecake

Trump's going to complain if the Moderator is anyone other than Sean Hannity. Will probably fuel his "won't do the debates" rhetoric. Still think in the end he'll do the first one, but baring a Clinton meltdown, will drop out of them afterwards.

I think he would be better off either doing none of them or all of them. He would simply come across as a coward and a whiner who quit because he got destroyed.

If he doesn't do any of them, he could at least hide behind unacceptable rules or some such nonsense. A lot of people would think he is a coward, but you wouldn't have clear cut proof. If he does all three he will likely get destroyed, but he wouldn't be a coward at least.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
He'll even likely study/prepare after getting roflstomped in the first debate. I predict it will not help.

I'm still betting on him doing the first debate and squirming out of the second. He's going to get trounced in anything that isn't Town Hall format.

My big conspiracy theory is that they've been cancelling all these events to fit in more study and debate practice for him. They could have an entire year of study time and it isn't going to help though. Unless Trump has an eidetic memory, the last minute coaching isn't going to do much.

VP debate? Snoozefest. I have almost no interest in even watching.

He's not going to drop out.

Even if he gets rolfstomped in the first one, his ego is not going to let him "pussy out" of the subsequent debates.

This RIGGED shit isn't setting up him dropping out. It's to cover his ass when he bombs spectacularly.

Dropping out before the debate even happens is coward shit, he knows it's coward shit, and Donald Trump ain't no coward, dammit!

Effect

He'll do it. It'd be too damaging to skip.

He can fake the domestic stuff to a point even that is questionable. He can't the foreign knowledge. It's a question of what is actually worse? Skipping the debate and doing another teleprompter speech and hoping all networks carry it or going on live TV and showing the country, in real time, that he (who claims he wants to be in charge of the country and the most powerful military in the world) knows nothing other then some phrases he's memorized. Debates aren't about answering one question. There are going to be a LOT of follow up questions. That's what is going to kill him and it will kill him in the first debate as well.

He can fake the domestic stuff to a point even that is questionable. He can't the foreign knowledge. It's a question of what is actually worse? Skipping the debate and doing another teleprompter speech and hoping all networks carry it or going on live TV and showing the country, in real time, that he (who claims he wants to be in charge of the country and the most powerful military in the world) knows nothing other then some phrases he's memorized. Debates aren't about answering one question. There are going to be a LOT of follow up questions. That's what is going to kill him

The alternative is giving Hillary the last debate as free advertising time. The time slot doesn't get canceled if Trump bails out.

Measley

Candy Crowly was amazing in 2012. Please proceed guvnor! I doubt any repubs want her back though.

I found it ridiculous how much Republicans attacked Candy after that. It was Romney's fault for believing the right wing of his party. They also seemed to miss that Obama set him up for the L.

That entire exchange was poetry in motion. Obama set the trap and Romney walked right into it.

Boke1879

I found it ridiculous how much Republicans attacked Candy after that. It was Romney's fault for believing the right wing of his party. They also seemed to miss that Obama set him up for the L.

That entire exchange was poetry in motion. Obama set the trap and Romney walked right into it.

It's was beautifully executed. The look on Romney's face will forever be priceless.

Ric Flair is better.

I don't really like Southern Comfort, though.

I had one of those once. Too much, actually. I didn't stop when people warned me to and it took me for all I was worth.

I never had one before. My bf made it for me. He said he's now responsible for mixing my drinks. I don't think he trusts me to make my own decisions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...by-not-running-a-professional-campaign-a-lot/

Interesting article about how Trump's lack of ground game could be a lot bigger of a problem than people think. Obama's superior game, by conventional wisdom, inceased his share of the vote from 1-3%. But Romney still had a semi-decent game, in comparison to McCain. This year, there's essentially nothing on the Republican side. It's not impossible to think the effect could be a 4-6% swing at least.

What do y'all think of ColoradoCare? Think it'll pass? Think it will be a success? If it is a success, could we see more state-level single payer systems be implemented in other blue or blue-ish states?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You guys are forgetting the Talented and Brilliant Kellyanne Conway will be giving trump oneliners to respond to every basic category of question. I don't think he's going to ever get roflstomped unless the debate moderators actually ask for policy details.

I could see Raddatz doing that based on the last cycle debates.

mo60

I don't really like Southern Comfort, though.

I never had one before. My bf made it for me. He said he's now responsible for mixing my drinks. I don't think he trusts me to make my own decisions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...by-not-running-a-professional-campaign-a-lot/

Interesting article about how Trump's lack of ground game could be a lot bigger of a problem than people think. Obama's superior game, by conventional wisdom, inceased his share of the vote from 1-3%. But Romney still had a semi-decent game, in comparison to McCain. This year, there's essentially nothing on the Republican side. It's not impossible to think the effect could be a 4-6% swing at least.

So theoretically we can see hilary win this election in a landslide even if the polls don't show it in late October or early November.

But not the original?

Except, SHOCK, one of the clones is really Nina Turner, she nominates Bernie on the stage. He gets airlifted in, and the dank memes are too much....the DNC throws crooked Hillary off the ticket. Trump quits on the spot because it's too dank.

And then......in a twist of fate, the real Joy Reid (not one of the clones) comes out and is made Vice President. HA Goodman rushes the stage and does a citizen's arrest on Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom