• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

MSNBC and CNN (hell, Fox too according to this thread?!) are taking Trump to town so far today. Bernie was one two morning shows as well. Hopium?

I don't think we'll see much movement in the polls until after the first debate.

We saw a major drop in Hillary's polling due to her getting sick. She's better now, and has demonstrated that she's healthy and the media has stopped talking about her health entirely. As it fades out of their memories and Trump's birtherism junk starts coming back into the light, we should see this reflected in polling.

I'm kind of hypnotized by the way all this room suddenly got so quiet when Trump got closer to this press briefing or whatever it is.

I'm watching the stream on CSPAN like lit.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump Talking Ivanka Stuff Again.... eeeew.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainm...ow-Edits-Out-Donald-Trump-Comment-9226578.php

Donald Trump with his daughter Ivanka.

(Ok ... First, Eww).

But when the interview aired, the awkward exchange was conspicuously missing. Ivanka still walked out and Trump kissed her on the cheek, but with no mention of the kiss from spin-Dr. Oz.
Reporters who noticed the omission were quick to point it out. Alexander gave a warning to viewers before describing the cringe-worthy moment, saying, "Excuse me as I read it to you..." And Bloomberg's health and science reporter Michelle Cortez tweeted: "The Dr. Oz show edited out Trump's comments on kissing daughter Ivanka as often as possible."

Trump has had a history of saying inappropriate things about his daughter.
Exhibit A: Trump told GQ last year that his daughter was "really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren't happily married and, ya know, her father."
In 2006, Trump weighed in on the possibility of Ivanka posing for Playboy magazine with the ladies of "The View."
Also Read: Ivanka Trump Cuts Cosmopolitan Interview Short Over 'Unfair Characterization' of Donald Trump
"It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what's inside the magazine," he said. "I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure," adding that, "I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
During the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this summer, Donald had Twitter in a tizzy after grabbing Ivanka's hip on stage.
Maybe it's time for campaign manager Kellyanne Conway to have a little chat with the Trumpster.
So, uh, looks like the producers of "The Dr. Oz Show" cut out the awkward comments from Oz and Trump about fathers kissing daughters...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Trump's speech mannerisms are so hypnotic. Every word is monosyllabic or at most duosyllabic, except for THE word he wants to use for emphasis. So someone is just dumb, they're just dumb, and he'll talk like this, short words, short beats, then bam: they're non-intelligent. And him? Trump? He's a good man, great man - in fact, he's luxurious. And it's these tiny simple snippets that are so easily understandable and sneak right in to all the nooks and crannies of your mind and make it so easy for the big word to just slide right on in and it's the only thing you remember. Negotiations? That stood out, that's a big word, Trump knows what he's talking about, clearly. No getting lost in that sentence: the thing is right there.

And run-on sentence, the way he just keeps up that constant patter, it's fantastic - he never quite drops a sentence, and he can get many levels into the sentence, and keep all the levels of the sentence running, and then suddenly drop back to the first level and return to the idea of the constant patter and it just makes finding any certainties so difficult because they all slid past you all of a sudden, especially when he doubles back to the earlier them of so many levels in the sentence.

And the filler! Normally everyone advises against filler, but Trump, look, Trump, he uses this filler not just as filler, not just as filler, but look: he uses it to spike his points. If a sentence has more than, what, you know, three? three words - that's too long. So he had to interrupt that sentence; had to bring attention to the, uh, the key part: the number words, which was three. And the punch: the punch is always at the end. Always. The idea - negotiation - it's never just left in the middle, because, look, negotiation. That sort of thing has to go at the end. So you notice, you see.

It's really just mesmerizing. He's like the anti-Obama: in a disgusting, sickening way, he's morbidly compelling. Just a showman, through and through,

sazzy

Three possibiliies:

1/ Doesn't address the birther issue at all
2/ Admits he's wrong
3/ Blame Clinton

All three losing options, since everyone is going to jump down his throat whatever he does.

royalan

The Clinton campaign needs to be prepared to go scorched earth whatever Trump says today.

I think trying to flip the birtherism movement into a positive moment for his campaign has been the most outrageously offensive thing Trump has done for me.

Crisco

Banned
The Clinton campaign needs to be prepared to go scorched earth whatever Trump says today.

I think trying to flip the birtherism movement into a positive moment for his campaign has been the most outrageously offensive thing Trump has done for me.

Well Hillary touched on it this morning, he needs to apologize. That's what they need to hit him on.

Hopfrog

The mere fact that they tried to spin it as him performing some sort of great public service is just mind-bogglingly dumb, and that is saying something for his campaign.

dwuuu

Banned

Yeah, Trump is definitely using this media opportunity to the bitherism movement into a positive !!!
He even invited medal heros !!!

sazzy

Wait a fucking minute...

I think this is a ploy to get free coverage on TV about the opening of his hotel... Because otherwise why else would the networks be streaming this live?

Zukkoyaki

Good news is most of the media actually cried bullshit on the press-release last night. Let's see how they handle whatever happens here.

Wait a fucking minute...

I think this is a ploy to get free coverage on TV about the opening of his hotel... Because otherwise why else would the networks be streaming this live?

gBcf876.jpg

NeoXChaos

Luke Russert ‏@LukeRussert 52m52 minutes ago
6. Lastly, think of discipline Obama has had for 8 years to not just say publicly, "You race baiting motherf...." Looking forward to memoir

Luke Russert ‏@LukeRussert 54m54 minutes ago
5. History should show the racist repugnant disgusting thing that is birtherism, is not just Trump-it's ALL #GOP who stood by & did nothing

Luke Russert ‏@LukeRussert 56m56 minutes ago
4. I was at plenty of press conferences where the #GOP Leadership never took the issue head on, never said unequivocally "Obama is American"

Luke Russert ‏@LukeRussert 57m57 minutes ago
3. Romney in 2012 admits that Trump and birtherism is wrong but he needs the votes for 50.1% http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/28/romney-doesnt-back-away-from-birther-trump/ …

Luke Russert ‏@LukeRussert 57m57 minutes ago
2. Trump was carnival barker re birtherism but in fact the entire #GOP was behind it by staying silent and letting belief grow among base\

Luke Russert ‏@LukeRussert 58m58 minutes ago
1. I try not to jump into the political waters very much these days but this needs to be said re Trump and "birtherism."

Wait a fucking minute...

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
I am now going to the brand new Trump International, Hotel D.C. for a major statement.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/776773380414537728

Owzers

Wait a fucking minute...

what if he doesn't talk about the birther stuff at all or just makes a one sentence thing at the end? It would be amazing.

edit: Trump has never failed at anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom