• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

We'll see. If he apologises, he owns the entire debate night.

I hope you guys are right. It just seems odd after a few weeks with no major missteps to actually organise this shit. Someone would have stopped him.

You've seen hints of it the last couple of days. He's up in the polls. He's emboldened right now. He attacked the pastor for no reason. Mocked the press yesterday for being stuck on a plane and not coming to his rally. That bs press release by his campaign that got ripped to shreds. Now this. Escalation

You've seen hints of it the last couple of days. He's up in the polls. He's emboldened right now. He attacked the pastor for no reason. Mocked the press yesterday for being stuck on a plane and not coming to his rally. That bs press release by his campaign that got ripped to shreds. Now this. Escalation

I'm starting to think this as well. He got cocky.

VxQSUsY.jpg

thebloo

But those were "in the moment" classic Trump. This was a campaign event. Fuck it, I'm probably paranoid and seeing 42D chess where he's just using Play-Doh.

Yup he is getting cocky.

I think Hillary should make a statement about this, but not make it her main point. She should focus on running her positive message. I feel this is a ploy to get them stuck on this issue.

Bad press for Trump never has long enough coat tails. There needs to be good press for Clinton to compliment that bad press for Trump. They need to pounce on this shit.

Maxim726X

Trump seems to have took playing the media for a fiddle a notch too far. Every channel is apocalyptic over his boldface lies here, even Fox went in lol

Unfortunate that it took this long to realize that they've been willing accomplices, but better late than never!

I missed all of this. How did he play them? What was the set up? I read his statement, but I don't know why they are saying he played them.

Starts speech by talking about the hotel, amazing bla bla
Goes to veterans talking for 30 minutes
30 second on the birther issue, no questions
Takes camera crew on a tour of the hotel, with no editorial content

thebloo

I missed all of this. How did he play them? What was the set up? I read his statement, but I don't know why they are saying he played them.

He said yesterday he doesn't wanna say, today that he will give a statement at his hotel launch. The event lasted 1 hour, but Trump just spoke for 33 seconds and then dumped the press pool to give a hotel tour.

Zeeman

Starts speech by talking about the hotel, amazing bla bla
Goes to veterans talking for 30 minutes
30 second on the birther issue, no questions
Takes camera crew on a tour of the hotel, with no editorial content

Don't forget that the event started an hour late

I'm pretty sure being a politician and celeb Clinton couldn't win a libel case, but I think news cycle wise her suing Trump for libel due to him saying that she started a racist rumor would be really great. Do it the second this starts fading or he tries to change topics by doing something else ridiculous.

Joeytj

Banned
Well, the media coverage certainly isn't pretty for Trump, not even the headlines because mostly they are of the "Trump finally admits Obama born in US" and reminds people he was the chief birther. Plus, the media is pissed at his ridiculous statement and the way he handles them.

Obama already reacted (although he kind of reacted to the issue being brought up, not so much what Trump said today specifically).

Bernie is doing a great job so far. He started yesterday in several outlets and did a great job today on Morning Joe. Like people said, he should be candid, stick to hitting Trump and even admitting that Hillary isn't his ideal choice, but it's the BEST choice, as opposed to the least worst.

I can see the Clinton campaign engine revving up again.

Wow, these two candidates and teams really really know how to play the media. Its hilarious they he basically bumps it off by saying she started it all.Which is funny because back in 2008 they did their best not to really say one way or another either. The whole issue is so stupid and both sides at one point in time basically tried to piggy on it in some way. Some of them were just more covert about it.

iammeiam

MEDIA PUSH THIS PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEEE

He goes on to set a no-Clinton-mention rule that I've been hoping a reporter would try with him:

2) @realDonaldTrump groundrules are that you cant mention the Clintons or discuss anything other than the details and facts of yr plans and

Mark Cuban
Mark Cuban – Verified account ‏@mcuban

3) @realDonaldTrump and no one else is in the room to help. Just me, you and a broadcast crew.

Deal ?

4)@realDonaldTrump I'll add an option.If you need it, I'll write you the check and you can keep the money rather than give it to charity

2.5 mill/hr seems like a smart deal for Trump to take!

thebloo

Trump played the media for almost 2 hours of free coverage across 3 main networks.

Its worth hundreds of millions.

I wasn't agreeing with him, for the record. Just adding up his comments.

4)@realDonaldTrump I'll add an option.If you need it, I'll write you the check and you can keep the money rather than give it to charity

Cuban with the shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom