• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ByronYork
My memory is in '10, '11, Obama tolerated, saw some political benefit in birtherism…

This is a problem for the entire right not just birthers.

This is a digusting tweet. Obama was a victim of a dehumanizing attack that questioned his worth because he's black and his father was born in Africa.

But Byron York wants you to pretend he got something out of it! He's lucky! black's are advantaged by racism! They get special benefits!

This is a hell of a political ad.

https://twitter.com/jasonkander/status/776419955747069953

Like, that's an alltime great.

Its a great ad, but I still hate it. I hate pander to gun people. Civilians should not own guns without cause.

The contrast in mood around here between yesterday and today is truly something.

Thanks Donald Trump, I guess?

> Clinton breaking away in polling
> Everyone is happy and loving life
> Polls tighten
> Everyone grabs their belts and gets some hammers and nails and the nearest chair
> Trump does something stupid
> Clinton breaks away in polling
> ...

Breitbart still going very strong on that whole "we are extremely racist" thing:

CsfmVy8VUAAa4ky.jpg

This is a digusting tweet. Obama was a victim of a dehumanizing attack that questioned his worth because he's black and his father was born in Africa.

But Byron York wants you to pretend he got something out of it! He's lucky! black's are advantaged by racism! They get special benefits!

Its a great ad, but I still hate it. I hate pander to gun people. Civilians should not own guns without cause.

If you want to reach that goal. You need 30 years of people like Kander.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Makes me think of that old saying about the weather.

If you think Trump has started to become normal, just wait a few minutes.

My mom thinks he doesn't really want to win, he just wants to get far enough so he can say "it was rigged" and claim the win, but not have to actually be president because being president is hard work. So every time the polls swing to him, he does something incredibly stupid to try and fix it.

I don't think that's the case. I think he's just an idiot.

Crisco

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of foresight from the Clinton campaign here. They should have been ready to pounce on this the moment it happened. There should be a web ad right now with every single statement and tweet Trump has made on birtherism cut together. Hillary should be giving a press conference hammering Trump for making a disingenuous statement that means nothing without an apology for 5 years of trying to delegitimize the first black President. This is their chance to regain the initiative in this campaign and put Trump on defense, so far they are blowing it. Relying on the media to be their messenger on this issue is stupid.

I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of foresight from the Clinton campaign here. They should have been ready to pounce on this the moment it happened. There should be a web ad right now with every single statement and tweet Trump has made on birtherism cut together. Hillary should be giving a press conference hammering Trump for making a disingenuous statement that means nothing without an apology for 5 years of trying to delegitimizing the first black President. This is their chance to regain the initiative in this campaign and put Trump on defense, so far they are blowing it. Relying on the media to be their messenger on this issue is stupid.

The media is doing a great job on it. I'm sure an ad is being spun right now for swing states.

Hopfrog

My mom thinks he doesn't really want to win, he just wants to get far enough so he can say "it was rigged" and claim the win, but not have to actually be president because being president is hard work. So every time the polls swing to him, he does something incredibly stupid to try and fix it.

I don't think that's the case. I think he's just an idiot.

Truly. I honestly believe that if he actually won he would quit within a year. I just don't think he has the attention span, patience, or even the aptitude, for the job.

And then we are stuck with Pence.

*shiver*

tbm24

Congressional Black Caucus is doing the people's work. I thank CNN for airing this whole thing uninterrupted. Between them and Don Lemon last night, I've had an amazing time being subjected to CNN. Almost makes up for earlier this week and the health bullshit.

Kid Heart

Yeah MSNBC's ticker read, "Trump (Falsely) Claims Hillary Started Birther Movement" And they've been playing clips of his comments over the years. Looks like a long weekend ahead for ol' Don.

Looks like you can only push the media so far before they start to bite back.

No way he pulls another stunt like this though. If even Fox News is going in on him I think he'll figure out he took things too far and start to back off a bit.

Joeytj

Banned

Sorry to say, but the Constitution says otherwise. Civilians can own guns just for the heck of it. What type of guns, that they be registered, taken away if you are a danger and should know how to responsibly use one, I'm all for that, but there's no doubt you can have a gun without needing an excuse.

To get massive, worthwhile gun control passed, you'd probably need a wildly unpopular Republican president who was moderate on guns (like Nixon) and total Democrat control of both branches of Congress and control of most governor mansions and a mass shooting of unprecedented proportions.

Because I don't know how valuable gun control legislation can be without a constitutional amendment striking down the second amendment.

I just googled this guy and

a) he's a piece of trash
b) how is he not wearing a bowtie? He has the rest of the look down pat.

tbm24

I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of foresight from the Clinton campaign here. They should have been ready to pounce on this the moment it happened. There should be a web ad right now with every single statement and tweet Trump has made on birtherism cut together. Hillary should be giving a press conference hammering Trump for making a disingenuous statement that means nothing without an apology for 5 years of trying to delegitimize the first black President. This is their chance to regain the initiative in this campaign and put Trump on defense, so far they are blowing it. Relying on the media to be their messenger on this issue is stupid.

At this stage, I believe the media handling this the way they are is better than throwing Hilary out there. Let the news and the People drag Trump because this goes way beyond just Clinton. Congressional Black Causes is the best messenger for this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom