• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how uniformly awful police unions have been in the news lately, this is right up there with Paul Wolfowitz's Clinton endorsement in the "lol no thanks" category.

Trump supporters will be happy with it since they are so far gone that they have zero problems with police brutalizing citizens, especially when those citizens aren't part of their precious white uniculture.

Good god, what happened while I was away?

Laughing-Hysterically-In-a-Cheezy-Beam-Me-Up-Star-Trek-Commercial.gif

What kills me is that the shitty media would have probably dropped/ignored the whole birther revival story until the campaign released that statement. They outsmarted themselves!

Syncytia

I really want videos like this to get infinite airtime. Reporter gets Trump's attention, is acknowledged by name, and then Trump scurries off and avoids questioning. Just straight up runs away, which makes him look scared and not very strong at all.

Eh, your description sounds worse than the video is IMO. It didn't look like he was taking any questions and he turned to get in the car before the guy started asking the question. Happens all the time to any candidate.

What kills me is that the shitty media would have probably dropped/ignored the whole birther revival story until the campaign released that statement. They outsmarted themselves!

I think it even probably would have fizzled out with that. Then the media charade this morning was the last straw. After that, things exploded.

David Brooks is Very Concerned about black people protesting and has this thing where he pretends that the Iraq War never happened or something.

Over the years, America’s civic religion was nurtured the way all religions are nurtured: by sharing moments of reverence. Americans performed the same rituals on Thanksgiving and July 4; they sang the national anthem and said the Pledge in unison; they listened to the same speeches on national occasions and argued out the great controversies of our history.

All of this evangelizing had a big effect. As late as 2003, Americans were the most patriotic people on earth, according to the University of Chicago’s National Opinion Research Center.

Recently, the civic religion has been under assault. Many schools no longer teach American history, so students never learn the facts and tenets of their creed. A globalist mentality teaches students they are citizens of the world rather than citizens of America.

Critics like Ta-Nehisi Coates have arisen, arguing that the American reality is so far from the American creed as to negate the value of the whole thing. The multiculturalist mind-set values racial, gender and ethnic identities and regards national identities as reactionary and exclusive.

There’s been a sharp decline in American patriotism. Today, only 52 percent of Americans are “extremely proud” of their country, a historical low. Among those 18 to 29, only 34 percent are extremely proud. Americans know less about their history and creed and are less likely to be fervent believers in it.

.... I'm pretty sure Pakistan and India are the most patriotic countries in the world right now (which is probably the biggest threat to human life as of now and thus not very good!) and America's patriotism in 2003 lead us into a war fought on a lie for Bush's personal vengeance! And this is in an article where Brooks tries to argue that America without patriotism is bad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/opinion/the-uses-of-patriotism.html?_r=0

Trouble

Banned
Damn Michelle looks so good. I think she's consuming Barack's life force. It's the only explanation why he looks so much older and she just gets more beautiful.

E: ahahahaha crowd is chanting '4 more years'

thebloo

This isn't a read, but if you're interested in how you run a good campaign, I can recommend some books. (Seriously, not a read. Hand to god).

Because, this is exactly how you play this. The media is lighting Trump's junk on fire. You've got the CBC and aligned groups raking Trump. You. Do. Not. Shit. In. This. Toilet. Right. now.

I want those recommendations.

digdug2k

Michelle would make a great politician if she didn't hate politics.
If Michelle liked politics, people would be treating her the same way they treated Hillary. "Get out of my politics woman!" They already tried when she addressed nutrition. Can you imagine if she'd headed up the Obamacare push?

I know that the pile-on right now is like banderas-too-good.gif, but I'd really like to see the campaign start hammering on the tax returns and not let up. It needs to hound his campaign going into the final stretch before early voting (which starts in most places in about a month), and I feel that if it doesn't get going now it won't ever get critical mass.

You have the media's attention and initiative for once-get them to start piling on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom