• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hope we can agree that someone running for president in his or her late 60s who had a concussion within the last couple years...probably should release his or her medical records. If anything republicans have jumped the shark on what could have been a rather simple issue most people would agree on, and instead turned it into a conspiracy theory driven shit show.

royalan

I'd hope we can agree that someone running for president in his or her late 60s who had a concussion within the last couple years...probably should release his or her medical records. If anything republicans have jumped the shark on what could have been a rather simple issue most people would agree on, and instead turned it into a conspiracy theory driven shit show.

But she has released her medical records.

I don't agree. She would not be so irresponsible to run for president if she was not physically fit. She is also clearly competent. And further, there's no way I'm going to give credence to any movement that consistently pushes a photoshopped picture of Hillary with a hole in her tongue. There is no legitimacy to the line of attack and there's no reason to create a precedent here. I have had a concussion. I know elderly people who have suffered concussions. If there are negative effects, they are readily apparent.

Let me tell you what would happen if she did release her records. Her wide range of medications would be released to the public (it is a certainty that she takes many of them). Someone will pick two or three of her prescriptions and examine the side effects. Some very rare side effects like "decreased attention" or "slight risk of sudden death" or "decreased memory" will be discovered. The next thing you know, Fox news concern trolls 24/7 for the rest of her presidency. Every minor slip up gets attributed to her medication.

No. Fuck that.
But she has released her medical records.
No, her physician released a summary of her history, not the actual records.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think a concussion is necessarily more concerning than any other health condition 60 year olds face in life. It's certainly not cancer or multiple sclerosis or Parkinson's or something. I think Hillary should 100% do everything that can possibly screw with Trump's insane fanbase but I don't think this should be driven by any serious or genuine concern for her health.

Edit: Does anyone even know what medical records "are"? There's no 1040. It's not a standard form. My "medical records" probably contain half scribbled notes from the 90s and then some blood work I had done last year when I decided I had to get a physical at some point. This isn't like EVA from MGS3. We aren't going to see a boob job!

Bowdz

Yeah, pissing off old women sounds like an amazing electoral strategy.

It's the same thing with his "minority outreach". Saying "what have you got to lose?" after insulting minority communities is a fantastic way to further push them away and insult them. It's staggering that his team doesn't understand this.

Edit: Does anyone even know what medical records "are"? There's no 1040. It's not a standard form. My "medical records" probably contain half scribbled notes from the 90s and then some blood work I had done last year when I decided I had to get a physical at some point. This isn't like EVA from MGS3. We aren't going to see a boob job!
It's a collection of all doctors visits, notes regarding conditions treated, all medicines prescribed, and all referrals. You need to keep an accurate medical history to be a licensed care provider. An elderly person, especially a multimillionaire, is going to have extensive medical records.

Y2Kev

His Minority Outreach is different. It's designed to make racist white women who have degrees OK with voting for him. It's not going to get any black people actually interested in voting for him.

This is odd though. It's like...exactly who is interested in this story or would even be turned on by this story?

It's a collection of all doctors visits, notes regarding conditions treated, all medicines prescribed, and all referrals. You need to keep an accurate medical history to be a licensed care provider. An elderly person, especially a multimillionaire, is going to have extensive medical records.

You're just asking for someone to release their frigging scrap book.

royalan

I hate that Hillary's health has become an actual part of the conversation when just a week ago everyone was laughing at the ridiculous conspiracies.

Whenever anyone in this thread wants to ask why Trump does the insane, supposedly illogical things that he does, this is why. Because as nonsensical as it is, if he beats the drum loud enough people will pay attention, and the media will legitimize it.

You're just asking for someone to release their frigging scrap book.
It's a useful scrapbook! Remember, medical records have to be thorough enough that your physician can pick it up and say, "Ah, yes, you saw Dr. B and he gave you neural implants to stop your daily resonance cascade."

Iolo

And yet Trump's actions have brought his crazy doctor back into the media spotlight.

It's a useful scrapbook! Remember, medical records have to be thorough enough that your physician can pick it up and say, "Ah, yes, you saw Dr. B and he gave you neural implants to stop your daily resonance cascade."

Then why do I have to recount my entire medical history and symptoms in detail every time I go to a new doctor

I just want to say one last thing. If Hillary Clinton is on Abilify or anxiety medication or anything else like that, you would never hear the end of it. Presidents deserve personal privacy just like anyone else. So, no, no medical records please.
Then why do I have to recount my entire medical history and symptoms in detail every time I go to a new doctor
Because in practice doctors don't give a shit.

Y2Kev

I hate that Hillary's health has become an actual part of the conversation when just a week ago everyone was laughing at the ridiculous conspiracies.

Whenever anyone in this thread wants to ask why Trump does the insane, supposedly illogical things that he does, this is why. Because as nonsensical as it is, if he beats the drum loud enough people will pay attention, and the media will legitimize it.

I don't think it is helping him. All he managed to do was get his crazy doctor back into the spotlight. If he keeps beating the drum, I imagine the tax return stuff will get louder.

More importantly, when is Queen going to give another speech? The media seems to love ha on days after ha speeches.

I'm guessing this is why the GOP is slightly freaking out about NC
Cq--GiNWEAA7yNo.jpg

Cq-94WMXgAA4ZcM.jpg

Cq-9f_YWAAIuyZ6.jpg

Russia Today is legit amazing.

Headlines related to Hillary:

FBI docs linked to Hillary Clinton role in Vince Foster’s suicide missing – report

Photo of Clinton having trouble with stairs fuels rumors of bad health

Syrian boy’s image shamelessly exploited for West’s war agenda

Orlando shooter’s father at Clinton rally: ‘Gaffe’ or ‘signal to supporters’?

This article in particular is just amazing.

Lew Rockwell: First of all it is hilarious. Despite the Clinton’s campaign’s claim that this was just open to the public – nobody gets that close to a candidate through secret service and so forth, unless they are known. The people especially behind the candidate are always very carefully chosen for “diversity reasons,” etc.

He said he was invited. Of course he was invited. This was a signal on the part of the Clinton campaign to the immigrant masses that they should all support her. But it quite wonderfully backfired. Some of us think if this guy hadn’t been brought to the US by the US government, and apparently he was, because of his Afghan connections, political connections; his hate for Pakistan, and so forth, all those people in Orlando would still be alive. The idea that this guy is… there is some kind of icon of the Clinton campaign. Well, it is really all you need to know about the Clinton campaign.

RT: What kind of effect do you think it will have on Clinton’s campaign?

LR: Who knows. If Trump is smart, and he is smart, he’ll make a big deal of it. But it is just a part of the rest of it. We learned today that Julian Assange is offering a $20,000 reward to investigate the death of this DNC murdered staffer. The implication being, and sort of a lot of people think he was the one who leaked the DNC e-mails. Was he killed for that? There is all kinds of bad stuff.

I know the typical Americans seem to think that this sort of conduct only goes on in Montenegro, or whatever. It happens here too. The Clintons have got a long list of bodies in their wake. So the fact that they would promote this guy – Mr. Mateen – hold him up as a symbol to people that are interested in these sorts of links, blew up in their face. My guess is this was not Clinton’s personal decision. Although, you can’t really know – she is very, very much a detailed person, so we can’t rule that out. But somebody high in the campaign invited him in, brought him there, put him in that very prominent position, where he was in the frame of her during her speech – quite an amazing thing and sort of as a peek into the heart, if I can use that word of Hillary Clinton.

Lew Rockwell is the founder of the Ludwig Von Mises Institute.

Remember, conservative economists, don't ever go to speak at Ludwig Von Mises Institute sponsored events.

Soros-funded DNC ‘superlawyer’ challenges voter ID laws to ‘protect the Obama coalition’

Yay, Antisemitism!

Trump is probably in poorer mental and physical health, given he's older than Hillary, a man, chronically sleep deprived, overweight like the rest of America.

It would be amazing if Hillary's team released her medical records like "Okay, here you go." Maybe not hte records themselves, but a more detailed breakdown of what her health history is. Because, this is a known, known, not an unknown known, so I'm sure thy have something on it ready to go.

I'd also remind him he hasn't released his tax returns...

Iolo

Hillary releasing her tax returns didn't make Trump release his, so I don't think Hillary releasing her medical records will have any effect either. You will just have a month of conservative media combing through them while Trump talks about his junk, or something.

It's a slow news day, so let me throw something out there.

Trump Used to Test his Dates for AIDS

The Daily Beast said:
According to an early ‘90s Associated Press article, Trump—then a “newly eligible bachelor”—talked about how he asked women to agree to an AIDS test at his doctor’s office before he would take them out on a date.

“It’s one of the worst times in the history of the world to be dating,” he explained in late June 1991, roughly four months before Magic Johnson announced that he tested HIV-positive, and before Queen frontman Freddie Mercury died of AIDS.

Trump made his comments shortly after his divorce from Ivana Trump was finalized, and after he had been seen out on the town with TV personality Marla Maples and then model Carla Bruni.

“I have been known to say that to women,” the real estate mogul and notorious womanizer told Newsday when asked if he actually asked potential lovers to test for STDs. “It’s one way to be careful. There are a lot of ways. I’m saying, take all of those ways and double them, because you will need them…It’s very scary out there.”

someone explain this Hillary health stuff to me

I mean at least with McCain it made some sense because holy shit Sarah Palin but nobody is actually afraid of a Tim Kaine presidency.

Slayven

someone explain this Hillary health stuff to me

I mean at least with McCain it made some sense because holy shit Sarah Palin but nobody is actually afraid of a Tim Kaine presidency.

I think the worse thing to happen in a Tim Kaine presidency is that sweater vests and sensible shows would become mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom