• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton tries to restore America's mental health care system after Ronald Reagan tore it apart and created a homeless epidemic.

That's ... Such poetic justice.

Uk7LTjA.jpg

Wilsongt

Clinton tries to restore America's mental health care system after Ronald Reagan tore it apart and created a homeless epidemic.

That's ... Such poetic justice.

Only for Republicans to attack it because they give two shits about mental health in this country, and the only reason they ever talk about it is because they never want to admit their precious guns are doing nothing but harm to society.

My overall favorite team with no legend arose was in Pokemon Fire Red
I had Charizard, Dragonite, Vileplume, Lapras, Raichu, and Marowak.

Floyd, you've always been my favorite :)

One day, YOU will be the honorary chair.
Thank you sensei

Oh, right...I forgot I have Soul Silver. I think I played it, beat the first gym, shelved it, and never touched it again. I'm sure it's a good game! It's just, you know, I'd rather argue about politics over beer these days. I hate being alone.
Well if you aren't going to ever.. Sell it if you aren't because those are about 80 bucks on Amazon. I had to buy soul silver.. Oof. I really want to get pearl/diamond/platinum and omega ruby and sapphire just because.. But.. I'm gonna wait a bit for that.

i went through 5 playthroughs of soulsilver for legendaries, raised and EV trained about 30 other pokemon, and had 10 shinies. All this had cost me, no hyperbole, at least 800 hours of playtime across soulsilver and X. I put all of these in pokemon bank, because I was selling my 3ds and buying the newer revision.

Pokemon bank needs both systems to be able to transfer. I lost everything
I'm so so sorry.. That made me so sad.

I could never ev train or anything like that.. The one thing that I couldn't get into.. Is breeding. I wish that Pokemon would have ripped off Dragon Warrior Monsters and just did that breeding system or something because that was fun and easy to grasp for me.

God Dragon Warrior Monsters was so good.. Man I miss it.

I love Soul Silver because that generation has my two favorite Pokemon:

Togepi and Flaafy. GOAT Pokemon.

Don't start with me, fam. Don't even come for me.
Why? Those are actually good Pokemon overall

Hell has frozen over and Adam has good taste in something.. I'm scared

i keep forgetting i have heartgold

for that matter i keep forgetting i even have a (3)DS
Get to work to catch em.. Come on man.

Part of me hates the idea of Mega Evolution just because of the fact that it is ripping of Digimon and I just don't like that for some reason..

I didn't hate Digimon. I liked the show.. So I don't know why it bothers me.

Link

The Autumn Wind
The worst part about this whole Kaepernick thing is that a large portion of NFL fans are ignorant assholes who just shout to "keep politics out of it," which makes discussion even worse than usual, if you can believe it.

I was pleased by Clinton's recently released mental health care plan, which should be getting more attention. I hope she can get it done, and rapidly. The cost of mental health care has gone nuts since its mandatory inclusion in plans. Companies are getting plans with higher and higher deductibles, separated from your regular deductible, and numerous psychologists have simply stopes taking insurance altogether. It's one of those things that seems expensive until you understand how much not providing for the mental health of citizens is already costing us in dollars and lives.

So good on Clinton.

Yeah. I'm glad to see someone actually interested in looking at the issue, rather than just pay lip service after every mass shooting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Part of me hates the idea of Mega Evolution just because of the fact that it is ripping of Digimon and I just don't like that for some reason..

I didn't hate Digimon. I liked the show.. So I don't know why it bothers me.

I dunno, I like it because it made Pokemon people like actually usable in the metagame. I mean, some Pokemon absolutely did not need a mega form but a lot of them really did. It also adds a certain amount of strategy to item choice, for example: do you mega evolve Gyrados or give him a life orb? Then your opponent also needs to figure that out.

I have vasovagal syncope. If I stand still for an hour, by blood pressure gets too low, my heart tries to compensate by beating faster (all this normal so far) but instead beats too fast and I pass out.

My tilt table test was an hour of boredom followed by what felt like 30 seconds of panic and then a little euphoric pass-out.

My standard blood pressure is textbook to slightly low most of the time.

My wife didn't even last 3 minutes. So at least no boredom. :)

I dunno, I like it because it made Pokemon people like actually usable in the metagame. I mean, some Pokemon absolutely did not need a mega form but a lot of them really did. It also adds a certain amount of strategy to item choice, for example: do you mega evolve Gyrados or give him a life orb? Then your opponent also needs to figure that out.
That's a good point.. I don't know why I'm so eh on it. I'm simple.. I just give my Pokemon items that up type attacks like charcoal to my typlosion or magnet to my ampharos and am happy with that.

Plus I hardly play with other people except my younger brother.

sphagnum

Banned
With Erdogan messing up our alliance with the Kurds in Syria, what does everyone think President Clinton's plan regarding the war will be? Or is it impossible to tell since everything changes so quickly?

I dunno, I like it because it made Pokemon people like actually usable in the metagame. I mean, some Pokemon absolutely did not need a mega form but a lot of them really did. It also adds a certain amount of strategy to item choice, for example: do you mega evolve Gyrados or give him a life orb?
Same. I just love the strategy and extra choice it adds to the game. Do I have give a Scizor a Choice Band or a Scizorite? Do I try and Trace a useful ability with base Gardevoir or Mega Evolve it and rely on Pixilate for Fairy-type Hyper Voices? And if I give a Mega Stone, what of my other Pokemon? What if I have two or more Pokemon holding Mega Stones? Which do I choose to Mega Evolve and which do I try some other strategy with? And what is my opponent thinking regarding these questions and their own Pokemon that have the potential to Mega Evolve? Which will they Mega Evolve and which are they going to do something else with?

I knew it!

But there's no story or anything, right? It's just walking around and stats from what I understand. Why play that over a JRPG?

There's....some story. I mean, there's a narrative in place. Basically, you just want to be the very best. Like no one ever was. To catch them is your real test. To train them is your cause. What you're gonna want to do is travel far and wide. Teach Pokemon to understand the power that's inside. See. You gotta catch 'em all--Pokemon. Basically, it's your destiny. They'll become your best friends in a world you must defend.

But, seriously, there is story. Go with Black or White if you want a decent story....I think. X and Y is kinda eh. But, there's not huge narrative of life changing dimensions. They're a bit formulaic, but it's all fun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's a good point.. I don't know why I'm so eh on it. I'm simple.. I just give my Pokemon items that up type attacks like charcoal to my typlosion or magnet to my ampharos and am happy with that.

Plus I hardly play with other people except my younger brother.

GAF always does a pretty good doubles tournament when a new generation starts. Everyone's always pretty good about helping everyone else prepare for it. In case you ever wanted to get into it.

With Erdogan messing up our alliance with the Kurds in Syria, what does everyone think President Clinton's plan regarding the war will be? Or is it impossible to tell since everything changes so quickly?

Unfortunately we're likely not going to know until it happens. Like you said, this stuff changes way too fast to know what the terrain will look like next year.

aaaaa0

Holy shit, is this real? O____________________________O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnhQbCIRNj8

Edit:

Ok so the script was real, but the video is just the WaPo making fun of Trump.

Apparently in the early 2000s, Trump hired a scriptwriter to create a TV series about his life.

It was never produced because it was terrible, but the Washington Post got a hold of the script, and filmed a scene in order to mock Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...series-based-on-donald-trumps-life-until-now/

sphagnum

Banned
Unfortunately we're likely not going to know until it happens. Like you said, this stuff changes way too fast to know what the terrain will look like next year.

Well, from that perspective then, what do you think she'd be doing now if she were in office? The current position seems to be wait and see and beg the Turks and Kurds not to shoot each other too much.

Teggy

There's....some story. I mean, there's a narrative in place. Basically, you just want to be the very best. Like no one ever was. To catch them is your real test. To train them is your cause. What you're gonna want to do is travel far and wide. Teach Pokemon to understand the power that's inside. See. You gotta catch 'em all--Pokemon. Basically, it's your destiny. They'll become your best friends in a world you must defend.

I bet you stole that from Herman Cain.

A good reminder to determine if a discovered video is actually legitimate is to remember that most videos from prior to 2011 or 2012 have truly horrid image quality.

Trump's attitudes on vaccines and climate change should be automatic disqualifiers , but aren't because people are fucking weird. Sad!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/507493104015114241
The hell is "immediate autism"? That's not how this works! At all! It's not a virus!! For something vaguely approximate you might as well say your child got turned gay from a vaccine. Actually, don't encourage that. How is that not a common conspiracy? Would non-science weirdos rather have gay kids than ones with autism? Uh, I guess that's technically social progress?

Michelle Freaking Bachmann got nudged out of the race in 2011 in part because of a bonkers autism claim for vaccines. This shit people say about it now make her look downright sane. That's terrifying. The ACTUAL NOMINEE is an anti-vaxxer but mostly gets a pass because lolTrump and the other candidate is a Clinton.

Crocodile

As single player games they are. Dull campaigns that are so stupidly easy that you can beat them without putting a thought into any sort of strategy,

For what its worth, the post game in most Pokemon games (Battle Frontier et al) does actually give you a challenge and demand you use strategy. But yeah, the main campaign is designed in such a way that even kids can beat it.

Pokemon design is so lazy

Draw blob and add shit=done

Team Digimon 4 Life

I'm not sure that's so much better than Digimon's propensity to just add extra missles and shit to digivolutions :p

What in the flying fuck?

*Roger Ailes walks up to blonde woman in bar*

Ailes: "I am superior to you and you will have sex with me."

*Woman beats the shit out of him because Ailes is a pathetic, 70 year old man who never exercises and has no power over this woman*

Just another one of those things I am amazed gets leaked to the press. Who would reveal that and why?

If you were working with Bill Cosby against your will and Bill Cosby got the shit beat out of him, you'd pretty quickly report it to the press, wouldn't you?

I'm so mad that the dub of the new Digimon series (well miniseries or whatever, Tri) is still replacing the soundtrack including Butter-Fly.

https://youtu.be/Ge6ky3w-eLM

Especially hurts since the dude who sang it and like 90% of all Japanese Digimon songs, Koji Wada passed away recently.

Well, from that perspective then, what do you think she'd be doing now if she were in office? The current position seems to be wait and see and beg the Turks and Kurds not to shoot each other too much.

A lot of stuff goes in behind the scenes I feel. When a spokesperson says don't do this thing, I image that they are actually confronting the issue behind the scenes. The US and Turkey is confronting each other right now I think, and there are scheduled meetings between a US general and a Turkish one. I think Obama will also talk to Erdogan too on the 4th.

Obama prefers diplomacy before doing anything else, if Hillary is in the same position she'll probably do the similar thing, but possibly a little more harsher in public and/or in private settings. The US really needs the Kurds and the SDF, so they will try to do a lot to keep both sides from fighting.

The tweet made it sound like someone at the debate prep leaked it, not the person who gave him the black eye.

That's what I think too.

If you're Conway and think "jesus christ, this man is a slug monster but I have to work with him because Trump loves him," then you're going to be pretty willing to talk to the press to embarrass him if he gets beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom