• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wtf at the Pokemon crap overnight!!! Kris!!! This is your job to monitor.

Also today is DEBBIE DAY

I think it's something like if you leave your toenail clippings under your doormat on Debbie Day, a pot of borsch appears in your oven a week later.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago Beverly Hills, CA
From day one I said that I was going to build a great wall on the SOUTHERN BORDER, and much more. Stop illegal immigration. Watch Wednesday!

Diggin' THAT HOLE

Diablos

I'm not sure who said it here but is there really any merit to the conventions being earlier meaning it's not as valid to compare polling at this point today to polling in 2012?

Anybody in here loving the Nioh beta?

Probably not.
I played the beta for a bit. Didn't really enjoy it at all.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm not sure who said it here but is there really any merit to the conventions being earlier meaning it's not as valid to compare polling at this point today to polling in 2012?

I played the beta for a bit. Didn't really enjoy it at all.
Yeah, direct analogs won't work. But that doesn't mean it's no good. Just use a different lens. For example, Obama never led Romney by 7 even in the most goodest polls.

Diablos

Yeah, direct analogs won't work. But that doesn't mean it's no good. Just use a different lens. For example, Obama never led Romney by 7 even in the most goodest polls.
True. But I'm curious to see if the first debate will hold more weight this time around because there's a much bigger gap between it and the conventions this year.

Scrub the overnight discussion of pokemans and never speak of it again
Hate meat at breakfast, hate Pokemon..

At this rate, you gonna catch up on Adam in the bad opinion department

GAF always does a pretty good doubles tournament when a new generation starts. Everyone's always pretty good about helping everyone else prepare for it. In case you ever wanted to get into it.
Maybe I will.. I don't know. I have to see about play sun and moon

dramatis

The Michigan/Washington campaigning seem to be attempts to take blue territory like the opposing side has been able to push into Georgia/Arizona.

The question is whether there is evidence to support that those two states could actually become competitive.

Absolutely ridiculous that Huma's a "liability".

Andrea Mitchell was pitching that shit yesterday. Like are you kidding me?
Like, seriously. It's transparently sexist bullshit just for the sake of having a story and being able to go "but see, both sides! LOLOLOLOL!" I mean, I knew the press was trash, but I didn't realize they were that trash and desperate and had given up that much of their standards to actually run with a story like that. Garbage. Just pure garbage. Ugh.

EDIT:
Makes sense.
Missed this. Well, glad I'm back at school and away from my TV so I don't have to watch that nonsense.

I really wish Clinton's mental health policy was getting some place on MSM. It's goes into some pretty crazy specifics and really goes to show how on point her policies are. It's not just this one, but nearly everything on her website.

Someone who's a liar or just in it to win votes wouldn't go that in depth on anything. Which is exactly what another presidential candidate is doing.

I really wish Clinton's mental health policy was getting some place on MSM. It's goes into some pretty crazy specifics and really goes to show how on point her policies are. It's not just this one, but nearly everything on her website.

Someone who's a liar or just in it to win votes wouldn't go that in depth on anything. Which is exactly what another presidential candidate is doing.

As much as the media lies and say they want a policy debate between these two they know that is a farce because Trump has no policies

I bet if you asked him he wouldn't remember half of the economic speech he gave.

Oh, definitely. Unfortunately, unless she gives some type of huge speech on it, they won't care because for all their whining about how negative things have gotten and them mourning the race not being about policy enough they really don't care at all and just want to twist this into some kind of horse-race and both sides being the same as much as they can and something like that is completely counter to that idea. Of course, if they were to cover it, they'd probably somehow find a way, but still.

But yeah, definitely agree that it should be getting more coverage because there definitely seems to be some good stuff in there and its the type of thing that reveals very quickly how light Trump is on policy in comparison.

Has anyone else brought up the slightly sexist accusation from Trump that Huma can't keep confidential information from her husband? I doubt if she were a man we'd be talking about Weiner being 'close' to classified information. Instead, it's vague accusations that she can't keep shit to herself.

HylianTom

Banned

The kicker, to me, was that she releases this substantive plan, she gets crickets about it as far as coverage is concerned, and instead we see journalists exhibiting faux-outrage and mental gymnastics on how Weiner's failings somehow magically reflect poorly on Hillary. And then they have the lack of self-awareness to loudly caterwaul about how she's dodging press conferences.

Has anyone else brought up the slightly sexist accusation from Trump that Huma can't keep confidential information from her husband? I doubt if she were a man we'd be talking about Weiner being 'close' to classified information. Instead, it's vague accusations that she can't keep shit to herself.
Yeah it's infuriating. Nobody is concern trolling Slovenia is getting our info because we're not sure Trump can keep it from his wife

Oh, definitely. Unfortunately, unless she gives some type of huge speech on it, they won't care because for all their whining about how negative things have gotten and them mourning the race not being about policy enough they really don't care at all and just want to twist this into some kind of horse-race and both sides being the same as much as they can and something like that is completely counter to that idea. Of course, if they were to cover it, they'd probably somehow find a way, but still.

But yeah, definitely agree that it should be getting more coverage because there definitely seems to be some good stuff in there and its the type of thing that reveals very quickly how light Drumpf is on policy in comparison.
I do hope she speaks about it sometime next month. It's such an important issue for a huge portion of America and I worry the debates won't be where it shines.

I'm looking forward to the NBC Commander in Chief forum coming up. It'll be the first time the country gets to see just how starkly different the two are on policy.

The kicker, to me, was that she releases this substantive plan, she gets crickets about it as far as coverage is concerned, and instead we see journalists exhibiting faux-outrage and mental gymnastics on how Weiner's failings somehow magically reflect poorly on Hillary. And then they have the lack of self-awareness to loudly caterwaul about how she's dodging press conferences.
Exactly. I was willing to concede all those email stories as the right is actively trying to stick that to her. But this Weiner thing is both not very newsworthy and completely unrelated to Clinton. Then some papers go as far to victim blame Abedin... it's disgusting.

Wilsongt

So she's supposed to lose her job right after losing her husband? Man, people are terrible. Even people on MSNBC apparently haha

Don't you know? Obviously Huma is telling her husband everything, and then Weiner is telling his mistresses state secrets so they can write a book.

Oh wait...

Okay, then obviously becauase Huma is a woman, she is going to be so broken and distraught that she will not have the mental capicity to keep state secrets and crack under pressure.

Or even, she will be so upset about her white husband not keeping it in his pants that she is going to publish state secrets in the radical Islamic magazine she used to work for.

Take your pick. It's all disgusting, but par for the course and fair game, I suppose. People talked about Newt and his wives as well as Trump's wives, and John Edwards killed his careee by cheating. Might as well go after Huma.

Maxim726X

It's gonna be epic. Can't wait to see Trump get absolutely trounced and his poll numbers subsequently collapse.

That is probably not going to happen.

People like bullies and assholes. As long as he doesn't implode and does his usual shtick, it can only help him.

Shit, somehow Hillary's lead is narrowing even though he has nothing but gaffe after gaffe almost daily.

People like bullies and assholes. As long as he doesn't implode and does his usual shtick, it can only help him.

Shit, somehow Hillary's lead is narrowing even though he has nothing but gaffe after gaffe almost daily.

I actually don't think this is true. Ask Rick Lazio if being an asshole helped him against Hillary. People approach Presidential debates in a very unique way. This is an audition for one of the most important jobs in the entire world. Bluster is only going to get you so far. We can point to a million different interviews where Trump has been a complete and total mess. Polling shows us people don't think he has the knowledge and experience to be President. Him ranting and raving for 90 minutes isn't going to help that. And, ya, there's also a sexist component too. People don't like it when men act like dicks to women. I think that will be a real thread in the debates.

He has no grasp of policy and has decided not to even bother trying to git gud before the debates. He will be tripped up by something in them because you can't bullshit your way through a one v one debate.

People don't like when men bully women. We actually got a slight taste of that backlash in the primaries when Trump tried going after Fiorina.

I think cynical people think people like bullies and assholes but numbers rarely bear out that hypothesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom