• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

Cue photo of trump with the clintons

Eh, not very effective IMO. Trump and Clintons are high profile New Yorkers. Of course their paths would cross in the 90s/early 2000s. Trump has been straight up crazy and shifted to conspiracy around 2008 at the latest. Maybe he was always conspiratorial, but at least he wasn't so outwardly public about it and involved in politics so much back then.

LOL she's not going to MSNBC, unless it comes with a BIG NBC presence.

CBS or ABC are FAR more likely if she leaves Fox

Sure, it's unlikely. Panther said 'hopes msnbc gets megyn' and I agree with that. It's a very long shot, but I just think she would get a good show on MSNBC vs other channels.

Emarv

Network isn't a bad idea. Probably would give her more autonomy and such. I just wonder if the contract would be worth it. I don't know if there's as much money and eyeballs in the few nightly national news slots we have left, currently.

Weekend shows are probably less money and more journalism. Would be really surprising to see her go that way, but it'd be cool.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Agreed. I think she would get a better show on MSNBC than on CNN.

MONEY. TALKS. But yeah maybe it comes with a Sunday Morning NBC thing, I don't care. Just saying she'd be so wasted by CNN. NBC / MSNBC could use her conservative 'cred' (lol) to lure in dumb guests for Maddow to destroy.

Dierce

Why don't reporters ask orange turd for specifics? Oh right, because that ignorant fascist asshole doesn't know shit.

Hazmat

CqvGZsMUAAAzVBZ.jpg

Well, that's the end of the pivot I guess?

The state department has vast, vast control over the issues affecting African Americans. The black population in the US is clearly held down by our policies towards Syria and North Korea.

The state department has vast, vast control over the issues affecting African Americans. The black population in the US is clearly held down by our policies towards Syria and North Korea.

Cooper needed to press this more. He demonstrated that Trump doesn't even understand what "bigoted" means but he needed to ask what specific policies hurt African Americans while she was in the state department.

Kelly O'DonnellVerified account
‏@KellyO
Sources tell me @realDonaldTrump pulled in more than $5 million at fundraisers in Ft. Worth, Austin & Jackson, MS

Hillary raised $5 million from the Apple thing.

Tons of new ads on local channels at the moment. Still haven't seen a single pro-Trump ad. And this is a market he should be in.

Slayven

Kelly O'DonnellVerified account
‏@KellyO
Sources tell me @realDonaldTrump pulled in more than $5 million at fundraisers in Ft. Worth, Austin & Jackson, MS

Hillary raised $5 million from the Apple thing.

Tons of new ads on local channels at the moment. Still haven't seen a single pro-Trump ad. And this is a market he should be in.

That heat bill at Trump towers doesn't pay itself

Tim Kaine reminds me of my brother's dog. I was watching her last night, he's out of town, and early this morning she jumps on my bed, licks my face til I wake up, then demands belly rubs.

B-Dubs angling to take over PD's post as best PoliGAF erotic fan fiction writer

Honest question because I'm way in the dark the last 10 days...

is this Clinton Foundation bullcrap actually getting news play? Like, what is the controversy? That the Secretary of State met with the world's most powerful people and those people donated to a CHARITY that does good in the world?

What's the corruption aspect? What's the angle? I'm so confused on this part. Is there a coherent argument here on Hillary?

Network isn't a bad idea. Probably would give her more autonomy and such. I just wonder if the contract would be worth it. I don't know if there's as much money and eyeballs in the few nightly national news slots we have left, currently.

Weekend shows are probably less money and more journalism. Would be really surprising to see her go that way, but it'd be cool.
Unless things are really bad at Fox for Megyn, her only real options as an upgrade to Fox News is broadcast television. The whole purpose of her Fox (broadcast) special was her appeal to one of the big four. It failed.

Is CNN an option? Yeah, but it's a downgrade from any perspective. MSNBC is even worse (she said recently that only two people watch Morning Joe).

MONEY. TALKS. But yeah maybe it comes with a Sunday Morning NBC thing, I don't care. Just saying she'd be so wasted by CNN. NBC / MSNBC could use her conservative 'cred' (lol) to lure in dumb guests for Maddow to destroy.
Sunday Morning? LOL no fucking way.

Emarv

Unless things are really bad at Fox for Megyn, her only real options as an upgrade to Fox News is broadcast television. The whole purpose of her Fox (broadcast) special was her appeal to one of the big four. It failed.

Is CNN an option? Yeah, but it's a downgrade from any perspective. MSNBC is even worse (she said recently that only two people watch Morning Joe).

I just don't believe her agent would let her take that big a paycut by going to network. CNN is the only group that could offer her competitive money and (somewhat)competitive eyeballs and a loyal daily audience. And let's be real, nobody at CNN really rivals her celebrity level. I could totally see Zucker making a hard pitch to her agent and publicist, moreso than just about anybody else.

Reading that article, her best option is just lobbying for O'Reilly to be removed (and eventually join TrumpTV anyway) and taking over his slot. But that'd require a huge culture change at Fox altogether first.

Bridget Bowman
‏@bridgetbhc
On MTP @kelliwardaz cited McCain's age for why he shouldn't be in the Senate. Says as a Dr. she knows "what happens to the body & the mind"

yeaah, Democrats can kiss any chance of getting that AZ senate seat goodbye, she wont budge mccain on his side

Syncytia

yeaah, Democrats can kiss any chance of getting that AZ senate seat goodbye, she wont budge mccain on his side

I think you might be confusing Kelli Ward for Ann Kirkpatrick?

Kelli Ward is challenging McCain in the republican primary.

Ann Kirkpatrick is the democrat nominee (she isn't contested in the primary).

Edit: nevermind can't read lol. the polls are actually decently close between McCain and Ward

is this Clinton Foundation bullcrap actually getting news play? Like, what is the controversy? That the Secretary of State met with the world's most powerful people and those people donated to a CHARITY that does good in the world?

What's the corruption aspect? What's the angle? I'm so confused on this part. Is there a coherent argument here on Hillary?

It's getting a lot of news play. The AP broke a story that "half of non-government meetings were with Clinton Foundation donors", which is actually about five percent of all her meetings, so about 1 in 20 meetings were with major philanthropists who donated to the Clinton Foundation and so... something.

Me: Oh , something about the Alt Right is trending on Twitter....Cool, people will see what trash they are. : opens it up :

OH MY GOD. I REGRET SO MUCH.

NBC Nightly News covering the things Hillary said in her speech, fact checking them on screen as she says them. Then Andrea had to clutch her pearls at the end, because she wouldn't be Andrea Mitchell

I just don't believe her agent would let her take that big a paycut by going to network. CNN is the only group that could offer her competitive money and (somewhat)competitive eyeballs and a loyal daily audience. And let's be real, nobody at CNN really rivals her celebrity level. I could totally see Zucker making a hard pitch to her agent and publicist, moreso than just about anybody else.

Reading that article, her best option is just lobbying for O'Reilly to be removed (and eventually join TrumpTV anyway) and taking over his slot. But that'd require a huge culture change at Fox altogether first.

"Big paycut" by moving to one of the big four? CBS and ABC could easily afford her $10 million and give her a broader audience.

Moving to CNN after being one of the top talents at Fox is a downgrade. Even MSNBC beats CNN in primetime. I'm sure Zucker wants her, but why go to CNN?

To be honest, all of this is leverage to get the best deal out of Fox: more money, and eventually replace O'Reilly when he retires.

It's getting a lot of news play. The AP broke a story that "half of non-government meetings were with Clinton Foundation donors", which is actually about five percent of all her meetings, so about 1 in 20 meetings were with major philanthropists who donated to the Clinton Foundation and so... something.

To me, I would say that the story is one of those examples where Clinton did something that is not illegal but is clearly a bad idea. Reasonable people can disagree but I think most organizations have ethical rules that frown upon that kind of thing and for good reason; ethical rules (in both business, government, and the judicial system) are as much about the appearance of impropriety as they are about actual misconduct. Obviously things get pretty complicated and hard to unwind when you've got a big charity like she does and in that sense there's not always going to be something she can realistically do to mitigate those concerns.

I think the problem is that many people are treating a more technical ethical issue with the same lens as actual wrongdoings.

It was getting quite a bit in before today, which is another reason why Clinton's speech was so well played. The angle is the appearance of impropriety. They've got money going to the foundation and HRC meeting with people and nothing else. Its the mainstream equivalent of 'a lot of people are saying the Clinton Foundation is dirty.'

Emarv

"Big paycut" by moving to one of the big four? CBS and ABC could easily afford her $10 million and give her a broader audience.

Moving to CNN after being one of the top talents at Fox is a downgrade. Even MSNBC beats CNN in primetime. I'm sure Zucker wants her, but why go to CNN?

To be honest, all of this is leverage to get the best deal out of Fox: more money, and eventually replace O'Reilly when he retires.

I definitely agree on this part.

Syncytia

Ann Coulter is probably the worst person in the world. Coulter 2020 (TW: Ableism)

CqvOYNcWEAASamJ.jpg

Of course, the standard retard, I completely understand now. Sometimes, us crazy liberals get triggered by someone who isn't politically correct and it offends us. We know it's unreasonable but we can't help it. We love our safe spaces.

Yeah, if I had known Trump was only mocking the standard model of retard rather than some luxury reporter version, I wouldn't even have thought it was bad

Hazmat

Ann Coulter is a nasty little thing that feeds off of attention. Ignore everything about her and live your life like she never existed.

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 55m55 minutes ago
Trump gives Anderson Cooper another take on his immigration policy: "no path to legalization unless they leave the country and come back"
Off the teleprompter, off the rails.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ann Coulter is probably the worst person in the world. Coulter 2020 (TW: Ableism)

CqvOYNcWEAASamJ.jpg
This is the weirdest spin I've ever seen. She's saying Trump's own defense is false and affirming that he was being grossly offensive, and yet concluding all of the criticism of Trump's disgusting imitation is wrong. Wut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom