• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrow

And Crow, I just re-read my initial response--it came off way snarkier than it was meant to. I was teaching class at the time and "Who even are you" was supposed to be "Who even are you calling out here?" I thought maybe you were confusing me with someone else based on your comment. My apologies.
It's all good. To be honest I was kinda caught off guard with that but I understand now. Let's just hug it out.

P.S: I voted for Michigan in that PPP poll just for you. We'll get to the bottom of this together. :D

I'm with Taniel

These questions are stupid and serve no purpose and don't show what people believe

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/770655363884613632

Yep. These troll questions are not evidence of much of anything. I'm kind of tired of people quoting PPP's meme polls and trick questions to make fun of people.

I dunno, we've had some really dumb controversies this election.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I was pleased by Clinton's recently released mental health care plan, which should be getting more attention. I hope she can get it done, and rapidly. The cost of mental health care has gone nuts since its mandatory inclusion in plans. Companies are getting plans with higher and higher deductibles, separated from your regular deductible, and numerous psychologists have simply stopes taking insurance altogether. It's one of those things that seems expensive until you understand how much not providing for the mental health of citizens is already costing us in dollars and lives.

So good on Clinton.

Interestingly, I've noticed there's a lot more accountability for measurable outcomes, so it's not just "cheap" therapy like before.

It's hard to imagine a male politician being considered a liability to a campaign if his wife was unfaithful.

There seems to be a narrative that if a woman is unfaithful to an influential man, she's just an ungrateful bitch.

But if a man cheats on a powerful, then what in the world caused this? what did she do to cause him to cheat?

This woman is a victim of an unfaithful husband. And yet somehow her morality comes into question?

That's so aggravating. Especially when this is in the context of running against Trump. Trump has been through multiple wives. He's very close and nearly selected Newt Gingrich who actually had an affair!

It's fair game to call Huma a liability to the campaign yet nobody Gingrich doesn't hurt Trump?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I highly doubt she goes back to the small hands thing, but I guarantee that's his "biggest" (pun intended) insecurity.

If I were on her team and writing some of these responses, I'd be working in very subtle puns and references. The sort of stuff the average viewer won't be able to see, but exactly the sort of thing Trump won't be able to let go.

She'll drop plenty "alleged billionaire " in there and go after his claims of knowledge. The "No Donald, you don't" from the convention got him crazy on Twitter, I can only imagine something like that in person would do.

Yeesh, Erik Paulsen has a 26 point lead in MN-3. Hopefully this is one of those races that will tighten up after Labor Day. The Democrat (Terri Bonoff) has great fundraising and House Majority PAC and the DCCC are spending plenty of money on her behalf, but Paulsen himself isn't very controversial.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
She'll go after his money too. And failed businesses. Bankruptcies and so on. Ego stuff.

Yep--these clearly rattled him in the GOP debates. Threw him off big time.

If I were on her team and writing some of these responses, I'd be working in very subtle puns and references. The sort of stuff the average viewer won't be able to see, but exactly the sort of thing Trump won't be able to let go.

Great idea. You know he can't let things go. Make it sound normal but something that he'll clearly pick up.

Trump is going to bring his A-game for the beginning of the debates but as soon as he's rattled, his energy will drop and he will start sweating.

Dude is like all or nothing and can't stand losing. He'll just give up after a certain point and start shutting down. A good example of this is his Iowa concession speech after he got obliterated by Cruz.

Grief.exe

Trump is going to bring his A-game for the beginning of the debates but as soon as he's rattled, his energy will drop and he will start sweating.

Dude is like all or nothing and can't stand losing. He'll just give up after a certain point and start shutting down. A good example of this is his Iowa concession speech after he got obliterated by Cruz.

The good news is Trump's A game is equivalent to a stack of wood.

Is this thread worthy

CrHwv8fWcAAsw-T.jpg

He id not really preparing that much. He'll most likely will what he did before in the last debates. Hillary is heavily preparing though.

If he gets destroyed it'll be the worst thing for his campaign.

Apparently PPP isn't allowed to have fun lol. Fuckin sticks in the mud.

It only inflates the narrative of the most manipulative and evil representatives of the right: Liberals think you're stupid backwards idiots and they're laughing at you.

Polls like this are what get reporters spit on and worse at Trump rallies.

But, yes, please, lets let PPP have "fun". I'm totally sure a reporter won't be murdered by the time all this is through.

NPR Politics explained why it's really not.

Unless someone can tell me what, besides a gaf, we're gonna get out of a press conference we haven't gotten until now it is. Its journalists doing a ritual.

We'll get daily press conferences once she is president. I don't know what the voter need from press conferences to inform their vote.

All it is going to be is 100 email questions worded slightly differently not for public interest.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It only inflates the narrative of the most manipulative and evil representatives of the right: Liberals think you're stupid backwards idiots and they're laughing at you.

Polls like this are what get reporters spit on and worse at Trump rallies.

But, yes, please, lets let PPP have "fun". I'm totally sure a reporter won't be murdered by the time all this is through.

Let's be real: It's the right that's fueling that shit. Regardless of what PPP or anyone else does, the people at those rallies have bought into the idea of the liberal media. They bought into that idea long before PPP started up and they'll buy into long after they're gone and dusted.

Trump and conservative commentators are why reporters get spit on and worse at Trump rallies, no one else. They deserve 100% of the blame and anything else is deflecting.

I don't disagree with metsfan's point about the questions being dumb, but let's not blame people for stuff that they didn't do.

Unless someone can tell me what, besides a gaf, we're gonna get out of a press conference we haven't gotten until now it is. Its journalists doing a ritual.

We'll get daily press conferences once she is president. I don't know what the voter need from press conferences to inform their vote.

All it is going to be is 100 email questions worded slightly differently not for public interest.

It allows for a deeper line of questioning.

Let's be real: It's the right that's fueling that shit. Regardless of what PPP or anyone else does, the people at those rallies have bought into the idea of the liberal media. They bought into that idea long before PPP started up and they'll buy into long after they're gone and dusted.

Trump and conservative commentators are why reporters get spit on and worse at Trump rallies, no one else. They deserve 100% of the blame and anything else is deflecting.

I don't disagree with metsfan's point about the questions being dumb, but let's not blame people for stuff that they didn't do.

It's pointless, meritless agitating.

Emarv

This is exactly what it'd be. Nonstop email and Foundation questions that they'd get answers to from interviews anyway.

Stuart Stevens nailed it. You could argue that press conferences are a moral good, but strategically there's nothing for her campaign to get out of them. Especially at this point when the hype around the concept of the press conference will outweigh whatever the actual info we'd get out of a press conference.

If I were her, I'd do like 2 conferences in the days leading up to the debate. That way you remove that question from the debate, mostly, and the conferences get swept up in debate coverage anyway.

Not really, or at least it won't with clinton

Why did you delete your emails?

How did you delete your emails?

What program did you use to delete your emails?

What day did you delete your emails?

or

Why didn't you shut down the foundation?

What about this specific email?

What about this email?

You just said that email didn't show favoritism but what about this email?

How can the american people trust you?

There is nothing of value in these questions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

This. A well run press conference is a really good way to get all sorts of questions answered. Unfortunately I can't blame the Clinton camp for not holding any since all the questions would be about the e-mails or Huma's marriage.

Not really, or at least it won't with clinton

Why did you delete your emails?

How did you delete your emails?

What program did you use to delete your emails?

What day did you delete your emails?

Unfortunately, this is likely what would happen. It'd normally be a good way to get people to write about policy, but we all know that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom