• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN right now has Obama's former doctor on calling for Trump to release actual medical records. And they're heavily analyzing an interview with Trump's doctor.

I'm going to agree with Chuck Todd on this one: this entire story has been a race to the bottom and it's pretty stupendously low of any network to entertain it. Stick to the issues, please.
I don't disagree.. but..

It's fucked up, but Trump helped normalize this shit. It's not even Hillary. The media is playing into this shit.
Yup.. This was been brought up by Trump surrogates implying she is basically a walking corpse as a serious objection to why she shouldn't be president in their minds.

My prediction is that Grayson will do better with people who vote day-of compared to the mail-ins. He might get third or second, certainly not fourth.

Yup.. This was been brought up by Trump surrogates implying she is basically a walking corpse as a serious objection to why she shouldn't be president in their minds.
Right, I agree, but the media has never legitimized Trump's rhetoric before, so why now when it's at its most heinous?

Oh shoot! Trump's big immigration speech is tomorrow, a week overdue.

Greg Giroux ‏@greggiroux 3m3 minutes ago
Val Demings, ex-Orlando police chief who lost to Dan Webster in 2012, has 57% in #fl10 4-way Dem primary (key race in 61% Obama district)

YASSS. Val Demings is a goddess.

Trump's in WA, nice. I hope someone polls WA soon so we can see the secret state effect in action.

True story, when I drove from Spokane to Seattle a week ago, there was a shit ton of TRUMP signs on the drive,

Of course, there's probably like 1000 people living in that 300 mile space...

And then in Seattle...well..they didn't seem to found of Mr. Trump.

True story, when I drove from Spokane to Seattle a week ago, there was a shit ton of DRUMPF signs on the drive,

Of course, there's probably like 1000 people living in that 300 mile space...

And then in Seattle...well..they didn't seem to found of Mr. Drumpf.

Seattle is prime for the taking! It's all Bernie or Busters!

royalan

Right, I agree, but the media has never legitimized Trump's rhetoric before, so why now when it's at its most heinous?

Huh? the media has done NOTHING but legitimize Trump's rhetoric for the past year.

Huh? the media has done NOTHING but legitimize Trump's rhetoric for the past year.

Ratings I guess if they are focusing on a particular issue, but they have been making it seem acceptable starting with his first speech and all the fuckery that has come since.
Can either of you elaborate on this? What I've been seeing is a coordinated takedown of Trump's language and views since his campaign announcement. Even by Fox news before he won the primaries.

Someone already polled that state in the last few weeks or so. According to that poll clinton is leading in that state by 19 points.
According to 538 all those polls had a sample of less than 400 LV! There are thousands of people at the Xfinity Arena right now cheering from Trump! Bet those polls don't tell you that, do they?!

Seattle is prime for the taking! It's all Bernie or Busters!
Soon the chants of "Lock her up!" will be heard across the entire Pacific Northwest. Just you all wait.

My prediction is that Grayson will do better with people who vote day-of compared to the mail-ins. He might get third or second, certainly not fourth.

From what I gather from social media, I think their ratings are probably skyrocketing from liberals tuning in to give themselves agita over whatever Trump has said that day.

Holmes

tumblr_inline_o4nqydhg2K1tb0ry4_500.jpg

From what I gather from social media, I think their ratings are probably skyrocketing from liberals tuning in to give themselves agita over whatever Trump has said that day.
There's a pretty positive correlation between the news' ratings, Google searches for Trump's name, and my blood pressure!

Litigation is fine. I just feel like the health story has been legitimized by the media, especially with the kind of careful analysis of Trump's doctor that I just saw an hour ago.

I don't know another way to react to that letter and that interview. Both are completely anomalous. It would be negligent to ignore them.

Effect

Which means he's going to bring it up himself unprompted because he's an asshole. Hasn't it been shown when people try to attack Hillary in this way it backfires and is looked at negatively even by people (normal people not fringe) that don't actually like her?

Can either of you elaborate on this? What I've been seeing is a coordinated takedown of Trump's language and views since his campaign announcement. Even by Fox news before he won the primaries.
We didn't really see shit from the majority of the media at least in my opinion until after he locked up the nomination. Fox came at him for obvious reasons, but even then, reports had come out that Ailes was interested in polishing him up at points during the Primary when Jeb and Rubot tanked because they in their deluded minds thought they could work with him.

To me, there is big difference in how CNN went after Trump, his surrogates and policies during the primaries than now.

Rubio and Murphy won.
So it begins..

So what's the likelihood of him calling Bill a rapist? even odds?

I don't know another way to react to that letter and that interview. Both are completely anomalous. It would be negligent to ignore them.
I disagree. I think it's unethical to legitimize detailed medical analysis of candidates. If health concerns are not readily apparent and the candidate has been certified by a medical professional then there should be no further inquiry. I think the LETTER was news, but the interview was not. It's just bad, bad taste.

We didn't really see shit from the majority of the media at least in my opinion until after he locked up the nomination. Fox came at him for obvious reasons, but even then, reports had come out that Ailes was interested in polishing him up at points during the Primary when Jeb and Rubot tanked because they in their deluded minds thought they could work with him.

To me, there is big difference in how CNN went after Trump, his surrogates and policies during the primaries than now.
I think we're remembering things very differently. As soon as Trump became a national figure, the media was putting him on headlines for the nation to see. His free media was almost entirely negative. There were very public debates about whether we should accept that kind of political rhetoric at all and there was widespread confusion over why he was so successful against his opponents. I do not remember a time when Trump got a pass. He has been an enemy to not just liberalism but also political decency since the very beginning and the media has not tempered this.

I disagree. I think it's unethical to legitimize detailed medical analysis of candidates. If health concerns are not readily apparent and the candidate has been certified by a medical professional then there should be no further inquiry. I think the LETTER was news, but the interview was not. It's just bad, bad taste.

I think we're remembering things very differently. As soon as Trump became a national figure, the media was putting him on headlines for the nation to see. His free media was almost entirely negative. There were very public debates about whether we should accept that kind of political rhetoric at all and there was widespread confusion over why he was so successful against his opponents. I do not remember a time when Trump got a pass. He has been an enemy to not just liberalism but also political decency since the very beginning and the media has not tempered this.

The interview is news because he says that he wrote the letter in 5 minutes while a car waited outside. If the letter is news, then the interview is as well. Getting that interview was good, responsible journalism. The only thing shameful here is that it took so long to do it.

Maybe I am.. there was just an overall manner in how the media has handled him at least to me. I could be nuts.

Here it is:

@costareports 26s26 seconds ago
SCOOP w/ @karendeyoung1: Trump considering last-minute meeting in Mexico with country’s president
So..

Itsfuckingnothing.gif

Iolo

The Mexican president apparently extended an invitation to Trump some time ago.

What is explosive about this? Can Trump's tummy not handle real Mexican food?

edit: I got it. They're going to visit a hole in the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom