• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

Why would Mexico's president agree to meet with orange fucking turd?It makes absolutely no sense, not even strategically because it only helps prop up bloated orange turd's image which is all that matters to him. Let alone in the one country he insulted without restraint and where an overwhelming majority hates him rightfully.

I mean, the only thing I can come up with is he's going to go, and then come back and give his new "soft" speech because he went to Mexico and realized the wall should be virtual, Mexico won't pay for it and those who are non-violent can stay....

But.....even that's silly and a stretch for his supporters.

The Mexican president apparently extended an invitation to Trump some time ago.

What is explosive about this? Can Trump's tummy not handle real Mexican food?

edit: I got it. They're going to visit a hole in the wall
Can't wait for Trump to get Montezuma's revenge

Paskil

The Mexican president apparently extended an invitation to Trump some time ago.

What is explosive about this? Can Trump's tummy not handle real Mexican food?

edit: I got it. They're going to visit a hole in the wall

I can get behind Trump's wall if it's riddled with freedom and liberty glory holes.

pigeon

Banned
Maybe I am.. there was just an overall manner in how the media has handled him at least to me. I could be nuts.

I feel like there's a meme that the media enabled Trump which I don't think is correct at all.

The media covered all of the insane stuff Trump said because, like, there's a reasonable presumption that if a candidate for president is saying a bunch of insane stuff that's news and the media should report it. Obviously if Trump had said all the crazy shit he said and the media DIDN'T report it that would have been way worse! Imagine that world!

I also think the media has done a pretty reasonable job of pointing out how terrible Trump is at all levels and how much everybody hates him. They could've done more to point out how much of a liar he is. I am also annoyed at the media coverage of the alt-right speech which seems to be mostly "both sides". But overall, I mean, I think the media has been appropriately harsh on Trump most of the time.

Canova doing a bit better in the same-day vote, but still won't win.

EDIT:

@Redistrict
Breaking: Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D) wins primary in #FL23, comfortably defeating Tim Canova (D) by more than 10%.

LONG MAY SHE REIGN

Retro

True but orange turd deserves and merits no respect from foreign dignitaries. He is a stupid piece of fascist shit whose ideas, or lack thereof, shouldn't exist in our modern era.

I'm pretty sure Nieto knows all of that, and is aware this is likely a publicity stunt. I can't imagine what the angle here is, but I'm sure it'll fail if not backfire spectacularly. The worst that will come of this is that he'll actually meet with Trump, which will be passed off as validation that "world leaders are taking him seriously".

Joeytj

Banned
Why would Mexico's president agree to meet with orange fucking turd?It makes absolutely no sense, not even strategically because it only helps prop up bloated orange turd's image which is all that matters to him. Let alone in the one country he insulted without restraint and where an overwhelming majority hates him rightfully.

Just saw the supposed news, but LOL. Our Presidente (I'm Mexican) has the lowest approval raitings in decades for a President, so I doubt he would meet with the second most hated politician in Mexico (after himself). This news will just drive Mexicans bonkers.

Also, the Mexican government has a strict non-intervention policy in US elections but HATES Trump. Our foreign secretary is on the record as being not a fan of Trump and is cozy with the Clintons, so I doubt they would agree to a meeting with Trump.

Good luck Trump. It will be seen as a desperate attempt, like Bernie's trip to the Vatican.

Holmes

Canova did better than I thought he would. Getting 40%+ on a long time incumbent with Debbie's name recognition is no joke.
Yeah, DWS was pretty weak, but Florida is really a no man's land for the Berner movement judging from tonight's results. If it were anyone other than Canova, literally anyone who was any bit competent, it could've been a race.

@SteveLemongello
Alan Grayson: "I'm not going to be endorsing Patrick Murphy for sure. He's a Republican."

I didn't realize that Donna Edwards didn't endorse Chris Van Hollen. I don't see why not -- they agree on almost everything. That was one of the problems with the primary!

I feel like there's a meme that the media enabled Trump which I don't think is correct at all.

The media covered all of the insane stuff Trump said because, like, there's a reasonable presumption that if a candidate for president is saying a bunch of insane stuff that's news and the media should report it. Obviously if Trump had said all the crazy shit he said and the media DIDN'T report it that would have been way worse! Imagine that world!

I also think the media has done a pretty reasonable job of pointing out how terrible Trump is at all levels and how much everybody hates him. They could've done more to point out how much of a liar he is. I am also annoyed at the media coverage of the alt-right speech which seems to be mostly "both sides". But overall, I mean, I think the media has been appropriately harsh on Trump most of the time.
Kris and Pigeon agree on something..

I don't know how I feel about that..

But In all seriousness

I think maybe I was looking at it the wrong way and maybe focusing on the lying part rather than the outrage part.. Hindsight, I think you both are right and I was wrong.

Iolo

Just saw the supposed news, but LOL. Our Presidente (I'm Mexican) has the lowest approval raitings in decades for a President, so I doubt he would meet with the second most hated politician in Mexico (after himself). This news will just drive Mexican bonkers.

Also, the Mexican government has a strict non-intervention policy in US elections but HATES Trump. Our foreign secretary is on the record as being not a fan of Trump and is cozy with the Clintons, so I doubt they would agree to a meeting with Trump.

Good luck Trump. It will be seen as a desperate attempt, like Bernie's trip to the Vatican.

from Costa

UPDATE: Last Friday, President Peña Nieto invited both DJT & HRC to visit Mexico, his office said in a statement on Tuesday night

Iolo

I don't think Trump can possibly set up the logistics on short notice especially with Secret Service not fully on board. He's supposed to have a fundraiser in the morning, a speech at night and sandwich in a trip to Mexico?

Joeytj

Banned
from Costa

UPDATE: Last Friday, President Peña Nieto invited both DJT & HRC to visit Mexico, his office said in a statement on Tuesday night

Yes, that's the only way it would work, if Hillary goes too. They won't welcome Trump if Hillary declines, which is likely. Both can't afford to leave the country right as the GE is going into overdrive, although Trump might try and cancel a few fundraisers just so he can squeeze this publicity stunt.

Supposedly.

Iolo

I mean, this trip is not happening. Trump has no concept of the feasibility of anything.

Early this week, representatives for Trump contacted the U.S. Embassy in Mexico about his intentions, according to a person in Mexico familiar with the communications between the two camps.

Trump’s representatives were told privately by officials that it would be logistically difficult for Trump to visit. But the businessman’s proxies insisted that Trump would not delay his plans, the person said.

Overseas visits by senior U.S. officials normally require weeks of intricate planning on both sides, as every movement and meeting is plotted. When more security is required, such trips become even more complicated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...694790-6f12-11e6-9705-23e51a2f424d_story.html

As Matt Yglesias points out, Pena Nieto's approval rating is down into the 20s. Getting in a fight with Trump can only help him.

Retro

I imagine Trump is super popular in Mexico

It's 5th dimension chess.

Nieto gets to publicly refuse to meet with Trump and send him packing, which increases his popularity because Trump is hated in Mexico.

Trump gets to come back and say he's really really trying diplomacy, but that dirty ol' brown President of Mexico won't even see him so the wall just got 10 gigabytes higher, which increases his popularity because mexicans are hated by Trump supporters and the diplomacy angle sounds reasonable to independents.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Polling had her way up and Canova bombed the debate? At least that was what I read and heard.

Pretty much; amazing it was as close as it was. A more competent challenger might have made it a race.

Iolo

Polling had her way up and Canova bombed the debate? At least that was what I read and heard.

Media poll had her up 10. Canova internal poll had her up 8. DWS internal Super PAC poll had her up 33. Final result: 14.

Moral: 33? Come on.

Me: Why did you send $500 to DWS?
My mom: I didn't like that people from outside her district were donating to whoever she was running against.

HurrjOo.gif

Debirudog

This wouldn't really surprise me.

"I won't be endorsing Clinton. She's a Republican*

*was a Republican in high school over 50 years ago"

That reminds me of a certain moment in class...We were watching a CNN video, and there was this young Bernie supporter asking Hillary why the youth like him don't connect with her. She tried explaining that she's fighting for them, that she's always a progressive and she asked them (the youth) to check her record. I nod my head, because I know Clinton was right.

After that, my prof told the class what they think of the video. Typical answers like, "She's polished like a politician," and "She's too robotic,". I didn't like those remarks but ok, I see what they mean.

But then there's this classmate who said, something like, "You know she says she always claimed to be a progressive but she was a republican."

I couldn't take it anymore so I spoke up right to her, "She was 17 years old." and then my prof stopped me. :/

I bet I'm the only Clinton supporter in the classroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom