• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soros pumped a bunch of money into a state attorney race in Florida and he's 4 for 4 this year for attorney races. Apparently this has been a big focus of his this year to help make the judicial system fairer.

Dierce

This is just a very stupid move by the Mexican president. I think he probably just sent the invitation as a bluff (with diplomatic intentions) but couldn't turn down orange turd because he was not expecting that he would ever accept. I hope I'm wrong about this but the media will eat this up as a positive development for turd who is now 'respected by Mexico's head of state.' It is just absurd why Mexico, of all countries, would hand this evil shit stain what amounts to a publicity stunt to make him seem more diplomatic.

There is also no doubt that he will lie about what happened during the meeting and it is unlikely that the Mexican government would refute it since this 'invitation' was probably meant to diffuse tensions in case orange turd was to win.

Joeytj

Banned
I can't see this meeting being anything more than formalities and maybe a simple conversation.

He'll try to tie this into his immigration speech somehow though.

It won't even be public, just a private meeting. Peña's administration will probably loathe to release even a picture of them shaking hands or something.

The news is already spreading on Mexican social media and it's not going well at all for Peña.

Boke1879

This is just a very stupid move by the Mexican president. I think he probably just sent the invitation as a bluff (with diplomatic intentions) but couldn't turn down orange turd because he was not expecting that he would ever accept. I hope I'm wrong about this but the media will eat this up as a positive development for turd who is now 'respected by Mexico's head of state.' It is just absurd why Mexico, of all countries, would hand this evil shit stain what amounts to a publicity stunt to make him seem more diplomatic.

There is also no doubt that he will lie about what happened during the meeting and it is unlikely that the Mexican government would refute it since this 'invitation' was probably meant to diffuse tensions in case orange turd was to win.

Just try and calm down. Trump and his team no doubt jumped on this, but this really isn't going to change anything. Trump will go on to say and do what Trump always does.

I'm sad no one posted the newest YouGov poll!
Hillary-42
Trump-37(down 1)
Johnson-7
Stein-3

H2H

Hillary-47
Trump-42

46% of Americans say there should be a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
16% of Americans say they should be allowed to stay, but no citizenship.
37% Deported (And each one of these people is sad and wrong)

40% support the wall
45% do not

24% say Hillary is bigoted
51% say she isn't

21% say Hillary is Racist
58% say she isn't

47% say Trump is a bigot
36% say he is not

51% say he's a racist
35% say he isn't

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Well Pena can make it a bit more difficult for Hillary to take him for granted, might get something out of it.

The FBI is releasing its Clinton email notes (plus 30 deleted Benghazi emails) tomorrow and... The news cycle goes to the Mexican potentially embarrassing Trump.

This is dumber than Bernie & Pope.

Slizeezyc

As a Floridian, I can say many good things happened today on both a local and state level:

-Kicked out some "tough on crime" dudes from the State Attorney level (huge upsets honestly, shocked by these results more than anything)

-75 percent said yes on Amendment 4 (needed at least 60 percent) so power companies can't bone people and not give money back for having solar panels (there is another amendment addendum in the fall pushed by the power companies that should be obliterated as well if this is any sign).

-Grayson got RUINED by Murphy (as expected)

-The circuit judge I wanted in my district did lose, but there is a run-off due to it being 3 candidates, and the second choice could still win.

-Got a new school board rep for my district (a race where 1,100 votes was the difference) where a long-time incumbent lost (yay!).

In short, I can say I'm proud of Florida, so I have to soak in these moments because they don't happen often. The system workssssssss

Joeytj

Banned

Yeah, but it also isn't that big of a deal.

Trust me, Mexico's president isn't at all popular and this won't sway any Mexican on any side of the border and will be just bizarre for Trump.

His supporters will, obviously, be the only ones happy with this "validation" on behalf of a foreign dignitary.

I'm surprised a lot of people are thinking that Peña is going to meet Trump in good faith. He's at 23% approval and has been pretty seeped in controversy lately. Publicly showing some force, or mocking, Trump seems like the perfect way to get some cheap goodwill.

I'm surprised a lot of people are thinking that Peña is going to meet Trump in good faith. He's at 23% approval and has been pretty seeped in controversy lately. Publicly showing some force, or mocking, Trump seems like the perfect way to get some cheap goodwill.

From what I can tell, this is a private meeting? But....maybe?

Also, he's reading the fucking snake again. God. This man is gross.

shem935

Banned
He's calling Syrian refugees 'frozen snakes'.

He has said much the same before. You would think it would think it would be a bigger deal? A presidential nominee calling refugee's snakes? Don't think too much about it. After a while the fact that trump is still in the race gets depressing.

Boke1879

Well their meeting is private, so I have no idea what the plan is. Unless he makes a statement afterwards admonishing Trump

I don't think we've ever had a presidential candidate as psychotically hostile to non-white people living overseas as with Trump.

Trump seems to look at Syrian kids dying horrible deaths and celebrate the death of another "snake."

sazzy

He has said much the same before. You would think it would think it would be a bigger deal? A presidential nominee calling refugee's snakes? Don't think too much about it. After a while the fact that trump is still in the race gets depressing.

hmm.. it is the first rally im watching live... its distressing how people cheered at those words..

mob mentality i guess...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Trump has 1 (one) (ONE!!!!) field office in Florida?

The-Golden-Girls-Laughing-Their-Old-Butts-Off1.gif

I heard it was a bus or something that travels the state. I don't know.

He's got one office in Sarasota that's opened periodically. Or sometimes not at all.

Then there are 2 or 3 mobile vans, that I'm not 100% sure are run by the campaign, that are traveling around selling signs and tat.

Dierce

hmm.. it is the first rally im watching live... its distressing how people cheered at those words..

mob mentality i guess...

There really is a deep divide between conservatives and liberals in this country. The somewhat sane conservatives have become the fringe. These orange turd fanatics need to go back to living under a rock, powerless and without a voice so that they cause no harm to others. Hopefully their children will eventually become more accepting and forward thinking. Orange turd is a domino effect waiting to take the world to the dark ages of racist empowerment.

Teggy

29% plagiarized, wowza.

Haberman hearing that Kushner was behind the Mexico trip. I wonder if Ivanka is a total fake, because her husband just seems terrible. At least he doesn't retweet extremely well known anti-Semitic white supremacists, which Don Jr. did earlier.

You think he'll use this as an attempt to shit on Trump?

I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense. The problem is, both men want two different things. Like, the President would want this opportunity to shit on Trump to change the narrative about his issues, and to, you know, reinforce that concept that Trump sucks.

Trump, if he's sane, would want to go and spin it as "We had a productive conversation about policy, and we've decided to make sure we keep an open dialogue as we move forward. Even though we may disagree, we pledge to work together."

These two things are completely opposed to each other, and you cannot make these two things come out of the same conversation!

I've been vacationing the last week...

One: Why is the Huffington Pollster within 7%? Did Trump have a good week, or Clinton a bad one, or both? PEC's median EV and meta-margin charts seem stable, so what happened?

Two: Should I order this? It seems very tame.

Joeytj

Banned
You think he'll use this as an attempt to shit on Trump?

That's what Jorge Ramos from Univision and other Mexican opinion leaders are right now wondering on Twitter. The news broke just in time for the national primetime newscast and everybody is just nonplused at this.

Which is why the consensus is that Peña didn't anticipate Trump accepting the invitation but at the same time, couldn't refuse him and probably thought he could spin the meeting as a why to stand-up to Trump and will most likely say he admonished him for his rhetoric or something.

Iolo

29% plagiarized, wowza.

Haberman hearing that Kushner was behind the Mexico trip. I wonder if Ivanka is a total fake, because her husband just seems terrible. At least he doesn't retweet extremely well known anti-Semitic white supremacists, which Don Jr. did earlier.

So far Bannon, Kushner and now Christie have been reported as possibly being behind it. In the end it will probably be Corey, it was always Corey

Interesting that Conway was not mentioned

Slayven

I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense. The problem is, both men want two different things. Like, the President would want this opportunity to shit on Trump to change the narrative about his issues, and to, you know, reinforce that concept that Trump sucks.

Trump, if he's sane, would want to go and spin it as "We had a productive conversation about policy, and we've decided to make sure we keep an open dialogue as we move forward. Even though we may disagree, we pledge to work together."

These two things are completely opposed to each other, and you cannot make these two things come out of the same conversation!

You know trump wants to go down there and look like the tough guy before he flip flops

You know trump wants to go down there and look like the tough guy before he flip flops

See, I thought this too. He goes down there and then in his speech he says he and the President had a conversation, and he realized that both countries would work together blah blah blah.

But! His campaign announced his speech is a double down on the deport! build the wall! etc.

Slayven

See, I thought this too. He goes down there and then in his speech he says he and the President had a conversation, and he realized that both countries would work together blah blah blah.

But! His campaign announced his speech is a double down on the deport! build the wall! etc.

His campaign is so amazingly stupid, at this point I am amazed it isn't working.

Like I know why it isn't working, but hollywood has taught me crazy works.

It is like when the Knuckle puck was caught the first time, you are like no way

itschris

Elisabeth Malkin
‏@ElisabethMalkin

#EPN makes room in his schedule for a PRIVATE meeting w/ Trump which Trump can then spin any way he wants. What's the plan at Los Pinos?

The response in Mexico is furious. Did #EPN team expect anything else?

https://twitter.com/ElisabethMalkin/status/770825663108395009

I wonder what Peña is thinking. He has to know what the local reaction will be if this ends up being a cordial meeting, and he just says it went well and he looks forward to working with Trump if he wins, etc, right? Could there be some kind of confrontation with Trump?

His campaign is so amazingly stupid, at this point I am amazed it isn't working.

Like I know why it isn't working, but hollywood has taught me crazy works.

It is like when the Knuckle puck was caught the first time, you are like no way

Supposedly, Bannon wants this, Kellyanne doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom