• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Redistrict
Big headache for @NRCC: former Pinal Co. Sheriff Paul Babeu (R) on track to win GOP primary in #AZ01, would face Tom O'Halleran (D).

Wow, they really have a tough time getting a good candidate for this seat, don't they? (This is Kirkpatrick's seat)

Sibylus

Banned
Good lord:

I hope their plane crashes
charm_smile.gif

Dierce

https://twitter.com/ElisabethMalkin/status/770825663108395009

I wonder what Peña is thinking. He has to know what the local reaction will be if this ends up being a cordial meeting, and he just says it went well and he looks forward to working with Trump if he wins, etc, right? Could there be some kind of confrontation with Trump?
That would make him look like a promoter and a coward in front of a turd that disgraced and insulted Mexican people while also claiming that the Mexican government was personally sending bad people to the US. There is no forgiveness for what orange turd has said, diplomacy doesn't work with fascists.

https://twitter.com/ElisabethMalkin/status/770825663108395009

I wonder what Peña is thinking. He has to know what the local reaction will be if this ends up being a cordial meeting, and he just says it went well and he looks forward to working with Trump if he wins, etc, right? Could there be some kind of confrontation with Trump?

But, that only helps Trump....and I can't see the Mexican President doing this unless he thinks he can get something out of it. Just having Trump there and being all nice and friendly doesn't seem to do anything for him, does it?

Iolo

But, that only helps Trump....and I can't see the Mexican President doing this unless he thinks he can get something out of it. Just having Trump there and being all nice and friendly doesn't seem to do anything for him, does it?

Maybe Peña is even dumber than Trump?

@GeorgeRichards: .@tim_canova gives his concession speech: "I will concede Debbie Wasserman Shultz is a corporate stooge. There you go."

Hohoho. Take that L

One of the sports dudes I follow covering the primary so weird the streams crossed here.

Hohoho. Take that L

One of the sports dudes I follow covering the primary so weird the streams crossed here.

Canova and Grayson really can't handle the fact that they're losers.

Obviously, Canova is just an annoying dude whereas Grayson is a monster so they aren't really comparable, but both are such sore losers.

Holmes

What is it with people on extreme ends of the political spectrum being real sore losers? We saw the same thing with Paul Ryan's primary challenger.

Joeytj

Banned

Nope. This are some of the headlines popping up in Mexico right now:

Animal Politico (national independent political blog)

Trump, invited by Mexico, the country he has insulted and called the enemy:

Debirudog

What is it with people on extreme ends of the political spectrum being real sore losers? We saw the same thing with Paul Ryan's primary challenger.

Well, notice how the far left and right have this sense of entitlement because they believe they're heroic and deserve everything because they know the best solutions to everything and that everyone is corrupt.

Dierce

Bringing Jeff Sessions to Mexico sounds like a threat to the Mexican people.

It sounds like fucking Bannons sick idea of insulting minorities through the outreach garbage of theirs. It is the same as when they claim that all minorities are living in terrible conditions and that their neighborhoods are riddled with crime. They make it sound like they give a damn about it when in actuality they are using it as a means to contrast against their white base pre-existing notions.

Because they deserve to win! And if they didn't win, then it's rigged and fraud and all kinds of things. It's really sad, because it harms your message going forward.

Joeytj

Banned
Clinton campaign responds. Confirms they've been talking to Mexico too about visiting, but "at a more appropriate time:

Zeke Miller ‏@ZekeJMiller 13m13 minutes ago
Snr Clinton Campaign offl: "our campaign is in a regular dialogue with the Mexican government officials."

Snr Clinton camp offl: "She looks forward to talking with President Pena Nieto again at the appropriate time.

Joeytj

Banned
Huge pushback from top Mexican diplomats and leaders against Trump visit. Here's the former Mexican ambassador to U.S, Arturo Sarukhan

@Arturo_Sarukhan said:
This legitimizes Trump & his xenophobia & sends the message that there is no cost bashing Mexico & Mexican migrants

@Arturo_Sarukhan said:
Si esto es así, manda la señal que golpear a México no tiene costo; valida la xenofobia de Trump; y lo legitima

Translation: If this is correct [Trump visit], it sends the signal that punching Mexico has no cost; validates his xenophobia; and it legitimizes him

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hughe pushback from top Mexican diplomats and leaders against Trump visit. Here's the former Mexican ambassador to U.S, Arturo Sarukhan

Presidential candidate calls Mexicans "racists and criminals" - Formal Invite from Mexian President

Some cock on a car show insults Mexicans - Formal apology from Britain demanded by Mexico.

Presidential candidate calls Mexicans "racists and criminals" - Formal Invite from Mexian President

Some cock on a car show insults Mexicans - Formal apology from Britain demanded by Mexico.

I mean Sisi murdered a dozen Mexican tourists in Egypt and then basically jerked off in response and the Mexican government was fine with it.

Because antiestablishmentarianism is in itself rooted in childishness if you live in the freest nation on Earth. Who but the biggest whiners would feel so inclined to run again political superstars?

Joeytj

Banned
I mean Sisi murdered a dozen Mexican tourists in Egypt and then basically jerked off in response and the Mexican government was fine with it.

Which is why Peña's approval raiting is 23%

With Clinton's confirmation that she too got invited but isn't in any hurry, Trump won't even get that much of a boost from this trip. Having been the one out of both of them that accepted a meaningless half-hour meeting in private with Peña, the worst that will happen is Peña says nothing against Trump and is worse off for having invited him.

Trump might take advantage of the trip to legitimize a potential flip-flop on immigration, but it would just drive some of his supporters crazy if he says "the Mexican president convinced me I'm wrong" lol

The Daily Caller published a defense of Nazi ideology today.

Donald Trump Jr. retweeted Kevin MacDonald, a prominent retired alt-right psychology professor, who reiterated Monday evening the deep connection between Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and UBS, a global financial services company.

Kevin MacDonald, who earned a Ph.D. from the University of Connecticut in biobehavioral sciences in 1981, is well-known in alt-right circles as a leading intellectual for his innovative work on group evolutionary theory and advocacy of Western culture. During his career, MacDonald has written more than 100 scholarly articles and seven books.

He has, however, been widely accused of anti-semitism by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for his research on ethnic competition — in particular his arguments that Jews on average have higher verbal IQs and levels of ethnocentrism, compared to whites, which they then use to advance Jewish interests at the expense of the given host society. His academic work has been translated into Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Russian and many other languages.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/30/d...logy-professor-kevin-macdonald/#ixzz4IsiVEdiQ

This is the first semi-major right wing site other than Breitbart that has actually embraced Nazism and Nazis on Twitter were extremely excited by this.

Valhelm

contribute something
Canova and Grayson aren't that left-leaning though.

Tim Canova is/was slimy on Israel, but objectively to the left of DWS on prison reform, environmental protection, health care, marijuana, and most prominently everything economic.

You could argue that he wouldn't have been too different in practice, because of the constraints of our political system, but Canova would have been one of the furthest-left people in Congress.

Dierce

I'm sure orange turd has already prepared his post meeting press statement for tomorrow. " It was a productive meeting, there is common ground. I got the notion that we can come together on the wall proposal. " Very vague but still making turd sound diplomatic and presidential. I just cant fucking believe how stupid the Mexican President is for doing this. It is a no win situation for him with the potential of helping orange turd. Why fucking validate turd in any way shape or form?

The one main thing that is dragging turd down right now is temperament, the undoubtedly true belief that he is a potential liability when dealing with foreign states. It amazes me how they seemingly have been able to improve his trutsworthy percentage after lying an inhumanly amount of times. So fucking depressing that this meeting might also make some undecided idiots believe turd is a deft individual.

Arguing with anti-establishment or anarchists is the worst. I always feel like I have to dust off my philosophy notes to get anywhere in a discussion. I think I'd rather go back to arguing with crazy conservatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom