• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking about Augustus Invictus who was running for the Libertarian nomination for Senate in Florida. He lost, but I found a pic!

augustus-greysuit.jpg

Kinda cute...wonder what his policies are....

I heard you were trying to bring back eugenics programs to the United States.

This is based on an article I wrote while in law school, which did in fact promote state-sponsored eugenics programs. I have repudiated this paper publicly more times than I can count, and yet a malicious faction of the Libertarian Party insists on repeating a charge they know to be a lie.

Having worked in the legal profession and having now firsthand knowledge of the political system, my view on eugenics has changed since the days I was a student. I still believe that the strong and intelligent should breed and that the weak and stupid should not. But having met the people in government and having gained a practical understanding of the legal system, it is clear to me that we cannot trust the government to implement such programs.

Oh god.

Seriously, though, I heard you were a white supremacist/neo-Nazi/racist/etc. How can you be a Libertarian and hate minorities?

The people who call me a white supremacist are bold faced liars. I am a nationalist, and I am unapologetic about being an intelligent, able-bodied, heterosexual, white male. I support the right of Europeans to keep their homeland European, and I am a vehement opponent of globalism. Charges of white supremacy, neo-Nazism, racism, and all the rest are pejorative labels thrown by leftists who cannot argue rationally against my positions.

Oh god.

Well.....lemme just see one of his videos.....oh god he puts on a weird ass accent.

Oh god.

Slizeezyc

We were talking about Augustus Invictus who was running for the Libertarian nomination for Senate in Florida. He lost, but I found a pic!

Oh god.

Oh god.

Well.....lemme just see one of his videos.....oh god he puts on a weird ass accent.

Oh god.

I imagine he's the guy that says "Hitler had good ideas, he just took them too far."

Debirudog

He doesn't even deny being called a neo-nazi either but a white supremascist he is not.

Having worked in the legal profession and having now firsthand knowledge of the political system, my view on eugenics has changed since the days I was a student. I still believe that the strong and intelligent should breed and that the weak and stupid should not.

This guy...

johnsmith

remember me

Oh god.

Oh god.

Oh god.

I mean, the name's a red flag. That's the name of the villain in a gladiator movie, a space opera, or a JRPG.

Also this gem from his wikipedia page "In 2013, he undertook a pilgrimage and walked from Orlando, Florida to the Mojave Desert; in a ritual of thanks for his survival, he sacrificed a goat and drank its blood."

The best Nazi band in the world (Inquisition) came to Egypt for some reason...?

They are an extremely good black metal band though despite also being possible Nazis. They (and the other bands at the concert) were the first western metal bands to play in North Africa or the Middle East other than maybe Israel I think?

The fact that the Mexican president is going to be the first head of state trump meets is just absolutely insane. Imagine if someone had told GAF this last August.

I guess that Canova is left-leaning, but his position on the Iran Deal was just so ugh....

Anyway, Germany's politicians are doing okay.

Germany's economy minister and vice-chancellor has defended flicking the middle finger to a group of right-wing protesters earlier this month.
Sigmar Gabriel, who is Angela Merkel's second-in-command, said his only mistake was not using both hands.
He said his critics should think about what they would do if faced with 12 "young, aggressive, swearing and ready-for-violence Nazis".
Mr Gabriel was confronted by the hecklers in northern Germany.
They called him a traitor of the people and mentioned his father's Nazi past.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37209582

Joeytj

Banned
The trip is really blowing up in Peña Nieto's face (Mexican President). The reaction has been completely negative, from both the public and politicians.

One of the leading candidates for president in 2018, Margarita Zavala, blasted the visit by saying:

Señor Donald Trump, even if you were invited, you will never be welcomed

Mexicans are just aghast at this. If the usual bullshit about "we had a good talk and expressed a desire to work together in the future bla bla"is all that comes out of this, Peña's approval raiting will drop below 20%.

His State of the Union is Sunday and a complete shake up of his cabinet is rumored.

I don't think this scene in Falling Down would occur in modern times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8b3963VRW4

Republicans deciding that repairing roads was bad probably has made the "repairing roads is a conspiracy by the government!" idea less popular and therefore the "man, I wish I could do something to those fucking construction workers!" fantasy less popular as well.

Aren't Nazis and nationalist basically the same thing.

White Nationalist=Nazi obviously.

But there are heavily nationalist people in China, Japan, Pakistan, India, etc who don't subscribe to Nazi ideology.

sphagnum

Banned
Aren't Nazis and nationalist basically the same thing.

No. You can be a nationalist without wanting a one party dictatorship, the extermination of Jews, the glorification of the Aryan race, etc.

You can even be a fascist and not be a Nazi, since Nazism is a subset of fascism.

But nationalism is still stupid when it's not in the service of an oppressed people, like fighting against colonialism or imperialism.

That said, a lot of fascists realize that fascism and Nazism are bad words, so they hide their intentions by saying they're "just" nationalists. Same with white supremacists who call themselves "white nationalists".

Debirudog

No. You can be a nationalist without wanting a one party dictatorship, the extermination of Jews, the glorification of the Aryan race, etc.

You can even be a fascist and not be a Nazi, since Nazism is a subset of fascism.

But nationalism is still stupid when it's not in the service of an oppressed people, like fighting against colonialism or imperialism.

That said, a lot of fascists realize that fascism and Nazism are bad words, so they hide their intentions by saying they're "just" nationalists. Same with white supremacists who call themselves "white nationalists".
You're right but I'm just seeing a lot of overlap. Japan's military dictatorship and the nazis carry similar traits. Heavy propanganda, control of the press, massive racism, unifying all continents of one rule, silencing free speech and terrible crimes of humanity.

Trump to make his immigration speech and meet with the Mexican President today?

I'm guessing the meeting is a photo-op, no way they do a press conference.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Even a photo-op is bad for Peña Nieto, I have no idea what the hell he is doing
It's genuinely hard to come up with a rationalization for how Nieto thought a Trump meeting could ever possibly benefit him.

Maybe Nieto's favorability numbers are so low that he's using this as an opportunity to bring in Trump and then have a press conference after saying how he told Trump to go fuck himself? I'm trying to find the angle here where Nieto isn't a fucking moron, but I don't know, I just don't understand...

sazzy

What's the likelihood of the Mexican trip being a setup to rip apart Trump, to boost the Mexican president's poll numbers?

Maggie HabermanVerified account
‏@maggieNYT
Trump at moment is not planning to bring US media with him on trip. Anyone remember another nominee doing foreign trip w no press corps?

Completely the opposite of a conventional campaign.

Mikef2000

What's amusing to me is Trump goes to Nieto, Nieto doesn't go to Trump.

STRONG LEADER!

Not only that, but he gets invited and he just goes running to meet with him. He's like a school girl that gets called over by her crush and she runs desperately to him. Play hard to get, he just seems very desperate. SAD!

Canova and Grayson are the saltiest shits.

I'd have supported Canova wholeheartedly if he hadn't made the completely gross decision to run to DWS' right on Israel. As is, I shed no tears over his loss.

Grayson, well, there's a reason why the progressive groups pulled their support. Murphy is terrible, though.

Maledict

Keeping it 1600 now runs twice a week, and has Jon Lovett as a permanent host for the early week show. Best politics show has just got better!

(I find Jon hilarious and a brilliant addition to the cast).

I thought it was pretty clear Canova lost because he didn't have a fucking clue about anything?

And that Alan Grayson is just gross as crap in general.

Diablos

Trump has been quieter than usual lately. I wonder if he's prepping for his final form with Ailes which will be unveiled during the first debate.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if he comes off as being at least somewhat knowledgable after the first debate due to Ailes ramming facts and talking points into his head.

Mexico thing seems desperate but also somewhat more Presidential than just telling them to F off and rant about the wall.

Oriel

Oh god.

Oh god.

Oh god.

"I don't believe in long discredited racist policies that have no scientific basis in fact.....but...."

Christ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom