• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Isn't that exactly what's happening? Can somebody spell out the difference for me because I honestly don't know anymore. It seems to have become a catch-all insult.

I mean, even as I'm criticizing her here I'm defending her in the OT thread on this very subject.

I get this -- I get annoyed when people accuse me of Diablosing about something I am genuinely concerned about, so let me expand a bit, I guess.

I don't really see any evidence that Hillary's being hurt by not having any press conferences. Sure, you see it a lot on media twitter, but that's kind of it. So I am unconvinced that it would help.

I feel like there's a lot of second-guessing of Hillary's campaign (not just here, but everywhere) based on what is clearly less information than they have. I feel like what they're doing is clearly working fine so I don't personally feel like I know better than they do what they should do. Like, I assume Hillary is doing a cost-benefit analysis here and determining that a presser has significant downside risk and no particular upside risk (since, as noted, nobody cares about it), and so doesn't want to do it.

I am not sure why people think they know better than Hillary's campaign! This bugs me a little bit, although I get that it's just chatter. I would be more interested in arguments that acknowledged that HFA is making a tactical decision here, though, and critiqued it on the basis that they are pretty smart and capable, rather than just being like "WHY ARE THEY SO DUMB." As Kris parodied yesterday.

(there's no way NeoGAF ranks in the top 5 of any non video game site's referrer)

(unless literally nobody actually links to hillary.com or w/e it is)

Similar Web doesn't seem to track referrals from Facebook or Twitter. They seem to want to make a distinction between websites and social media. But forums like GAF fall into a middle ground. Personally, I use GAF to fill the role most people use Twitter for these days. I think that plays into it.

I can't wait for this election to be over so we can complain about congressional grid lock and dems starting policy negotiations from weak points.

Hmm, I don't like that. I also don't really know what would've caused the LV model to go from +15 to +3 in under a month when little has happened in August besides maybe Clinton's convention bounce subsiding.

Retro

Slighly amused that Trump's gaming-related community is Gamergate Central while Hillary's is freakin' GAF, arguably the most inclusive / best moderated gaming forum I'm aware of. Like, you couldn't pick two better examples that reflect the candidates' approach.

Good stuff.

Hi PoliGAF, I'm volunteering with the New Hampshire Democratic Coordinated Campaign this summer/fall! It's weird because it seems like they've had less data entry behind-the-scenes type stuff for me to do this time (which is what I'd prefer), and instead are always asking me to go canvassing or phonebanking, both of which I'd rather avoid... Anyways, next thing I'll be doing will be marching in a Labor Day parade in Milford... hopefully I'll get some more StreetPasses on my 3DS this time than I did at the 4th of July one! Anyways, keep up the good work posting and stuff...

Me neither (I like gaudy leads), but one would bet that a lot of those Feingold voters will end-up in her column.

Feingold is bleeding support. Looks like their Likely voter screen is people who say they're super likely to vote, and Republicans are up 6 points in that, while Democrats are flat.

okay i'll admit it i'm hillary and i usually refresh my website from here.

while we're at it, can somebody please recommend me a PR team who can help me not bumble through more email answers?

Crisco

Banned
I'm just not going to allow myself to worry about states that haven't gone red since 2004. A person would have to suffer multiple strokes to go from voting for Obama twice to voting for Trump. Either that or opiate abuse in the Midwest is worse than anyone thought.

I'm just not going to allow myself to worry about states that haven't gone red since 2004. A person would have to suffer multiple strokes to go from voting for Obama twice to voting for Trump. Either that or opiate abuse in the Midwest is worse than anyone thought.

Wisconsin hasn't gone red since 84. It's an even longer streak than PA.

They talked about it at the beginning of the conference, that this month's sample was a lot more Republican than last month, when they pushed leaners. That, coupled with the likely voter screen showing that Republicans are more likely to vote explains part of the decrease, as well as Feingold's numbers dropping.

Kasich / Rubio would have been rough. The Midwest probably comes into complete play, and Florida also probably comes into play. Rubio being the VP pick takes away his biggest weaknesses as well.

Wow, we actually are Hillary GAF. EDIT: Holy crap, apparently we were 4th for Bernie as well. Wow.

I think OT11 has to be Welcome to Hillary-GAF?

OT11: Welcome to GAF, Hillary!

Oh wow, according to that same site, Neogaf was the #4 referrer to berniesanders.com. So Bernie folks were dead wrong about the bias here.

Wait, where are you guys seeing the Bernie part?

(also this is hilarious)

Yeah, I doubt many people who voted for Obama twice would vote for Trump. In fact, I think even people who voted Obama in 2008 and Romney in 2012 will more likely vote for Clinton this time around.

Crisco

Banned
Wisconsin hasn't gone red since 84. It's an even longer streak than PA.

They talked about it at the beginning of the conference, that this month's sample was a lot more Republican than last month, when they pushed leaners. That, coupled with the likely voter screen showing that Republicans are more likely to vote explains part of the decrease, as well as Feingold's numbers dropping.

lol wow. Yeah on second thought, what I should have said was "states that Kerry won".

Interestingly, the same thing happened in 2012. Pre convention, Obama had a 5 point lead. After the conventions, Obama had an 11 point lead. In their next poll, he had a 1 point lead.

NeoXChaos

Alex BurnsVerified account
‏@alexburnsNYT Alex Burns Retweeted MULawPoll
Pretty consistent in state & national polls: Clinton ticks up & down in low/mid/high 40s, Trump stays pretty flat

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 11m11 minutes ago Washington, DC
Jamelle Bouie Retweeted Alex Burns
Yep. HRC's numbers seem to move between 43 & 48 depending on how people feel. Trump is stuck at 37 to 40.

royalan

I get this -- I get annoyed when people accuse me of Diablosing about something I am genuinely concerned about, so let me expand a bit, I guess.

I don't really see any evidence that Hillary's being hurt by not having any press conferences. Sure, you see it a lot on media twitter, but that's kind of it. So I am unconvinced that it would help.

I feel like there's a lot of second-guessing of Hillary's campaign (not just here, but everywhere) based on what is clearly less information than they have. I feel like what they're doing is clearly working fine so I don't personally feel like I know better than they do what they should do. Like, I assume Hillary is doing a cost-benefit analysis here and determining that a presser has significant downside risk and no particular upside risk (since, as noted, nobody cares about it), and so doesn't want to do it.

I am not sure why people think they know better than Hillary's campaign! This bugs me a little bit, although I get that it's just chatter. I would be more interested in arguments that acknowledged that HFA is making a tactical decision here, though, and critiqued it on the basis that they are pretty smart and capable, rather than just being like "WHY ARE THEY SO DUMB." As Kris parodied yesterday.

Thanks for the response!

I guess my position is similar to what Jamelle Bouie said on Keeping It 1600. As far as being competitive, this race has been quite boring for the last month. So I find myself sweating the small details because... Well, there'd be very little to talk about otherwise.

Oh - and Hi Queen!!!! I need to switch avatars when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom