• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's totally superficial but the press want a comeback. This is gonna be good for him in the press, for sure.

Don't think it's a need to Diablos but I don't see how this hurts him at all.

It's not going to do anything to him.

There's only one event that matters (or series of events rather) and that's the debates.

These things don't matter. It didn't matter when Romney fucked up in London and it won't matter that Trump doesn't.

This is all worthless punditry. Elections don't work the same way a basketball game works.

This won't help him with moderate republicans and this will only anger his base who see him as softening on immigration and issues with Mexico.

He will look weak here to the far right. He's already walking about immigration policy and just seeing this doesn't look like Trump will make the wall happen.

Owzers

I thought Trump did well in most of the Republican debates despite having very little substance, the media and moderators are not going to stress substance over style, i don't see Hillary easily winning. Trump will lie, Hillary will complain, Trump will say she's the one lying and the moderators will move on.

Boke1879

I mean we'll have to see how this "helps" him.

His minority "outreach" has been a failure and I think this photo op is forgotten in a few days. The debates are the next big battle ground.

Emarv

The press doesn't want a comeback. Where is this idea coming from?

I don't see how you could say otherwise. I mean, I don't think they want him to win or anything, but they definitely want it to be a little more exciting. I'm not even the most cynical "they want a dead heat" person, but check out any news outlet. They don't constantly refer to how badly she's currently beating him and basically has the presidency already and instead only ever mention states when they're close or within a few points.

They get bored with the same story every time and are ready for a new, interesting Trump narrative for a little while.

Pros for Trump: Didn't call Nieto a racial slur.
Cons for Trump: Looked like a cuck who won't get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Can't tell what the net effect is.

Boke1879

I thought Trump did well in most of the Republican debates despite having very little substance, the media and moderators are not going to stress substance over style, i don't see Hillary easily winning. Trump will lie, Hillary will complain, Trump will say she's the one lying and the moderators will move on.

This not how GE debates work at all. A lot of it is policy driven with follow up answer. It's not a series of zingers.

thebloo

He did well in the ones with many people. In the 3-man with Cruz and Rubio he got bodied bad. Bigly.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
My twitter feed makes it sound like Trump got embarrassed out there, you guys make it sound like he just secured a 300+ electoral vote victory.

Which is it?

PBY

Banned
My twitter feed makes it sound like Trump got embarrassed out there, you guys make it sound like he just secured a 300+ electoral vote victory.

Which is it?

pretty much "its fucking nothing" but they overall were friendly/cooperative, which is a w for trump

Emarv

Which is it?

nothing happened. they poked at each other over NAFTA, Trump got to pretend to be presidential and they both got to take some pictures. nothing else really happened.

HylianTom

Banned

Which is it?
My Twitter feed is the same, from a mix across the spectrum. I'm not too impressed, worried, or entertained.

Trump being all nice with Mexico's president makes him look soft and not like the strongman who was gonna build a fucking wall and make Mexico pay for it. It was nonnegotiable. Now he's talking about how NAFTA wasn't so bad and that he doesn't know who's gonna pay for the wall? Another of Trump's flip flops.

Emarv

Trump being all nice with Mexico's president makes him look soft and not like the strongman who was gonna build a fucking wall and make Mexico pay for it. It was nonnegotiable.

This is a solid counter-narrative for the Clinton campaign. Portray him as weak and soft when actually confronted with statecraft.

PBY

Banned
Statement from Gov. Mike Pence: "What the American people are seeing today is the kind of decisive president Donald J. Trump will be."

Boke1879

Trump being all nice with Mexico's president makes him look soft and not like the strongman who was gonna build a fucking wall and make Mexico pay for it. It was nonnegotiable. Now he's talking about how NAFTA wasn't so bad and that he doesn't know who's gonna pay for the wall? Another of Trump's flip flops.

Like I said. Media and Clinton campaign need to link Trump to praising NAFTA.

thebloo

Statement from Gov. Mike Pence: "What the American people are seeing today is the kind of decisive president Donald J. Trump will be."

Well, he's not lying. This is the "decisive" Donald. Lead by Ailes and the likes, having no idea where.

Iolo

Thank you, I was wondering whether Pence was going to trash Trump or praise him effusively

Some of y'all need to get a drink/get laid/take a Xanax/whatever mellows you out.

Cause, seriously. Trump's not going to shit the bed every single time he opens his mouth. That was a complete non-event. Brian Williams is even saying how this was weird because he's saying things that he never said before...and is in stark contrast to the shit he's been spewing for months.

The first thing people asked was who is paying for the wall. And, of course, there was no answer. He'll keep spewing that shit. Nothing will change. He'll blame Mexicans for everything the minute he gets back to the US.

Because this is how Trump works. He says what the room he's in wants to hear. Seriously, nothing will change as a result of this, just as nothing came from Bernie going to the Vatican, or Romney going to England.

He'll be bat shit crazy again in 3 hours.

Dierce

Trump being all nice with Mexico's president makes him look soft and not like the strongman who was gonna build a fucking wall and make Mexico pay for it. It was nonnegotiable. Now, he's talking about how NAFTA wasn't so bad and that he doesn't know who's gonna pay for the wall? Another of Trump's flip flops.

I know that at this point Clinton's campaign is betting it all on the debates but the problem is that it undercuts the valid racist narrative that the Clinton campaign has created for orange turd.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
LOL at y'all freaking out. Every single time. Hillary is getting 380 EV. Trump has ONE field office in Florida and is losing bigly.

Boke1879

Some of y'all need to get a drink/get laid/take a Xanax/whatever mellows you out.

Cause, seriously. Trump's not going to shit the bed every single time he opens his mouth. That was a complete non-event. Brian Williams is even saying how this was weird because he's saying things that he never said before...and is in stark contrast to the shit he's been spewing for months.

The first thing people asked was who is paying for the wall. And, of course, there was no answer. He'll keep spewing that shit. Nothing will change. He'll blame Mexicans for everything the minute he gets back to the US.

Because this is how Trump works. He says what the room he's in wants to hear. Seriously, nothing will change as a result of this, just as nothing came from Bernie going to the Vatican, or Romney going to England.

He'll be bat shit crazy again in 3 hours.

Don't know if he'll be crazy tonight, but it will be interesting to hear what he says. I'm definitely looking to see if he says anything different.

PBY

Banned
LOL at y'all freaking out. Every single time. Hillary is getting 380 EV. Trump has ONE field office in Florida and is losing bigly.

I don't think people are freaking. Its probably nothing. I think we're all shocked at how poorly Nieto calculated this, and how Trump pretty much just did nothing and won.

howard wolfsonVerified account
‏@howiewolf
If you believe Trump needed to pivot, moderate and look more Presidential, that event was a home run.

^ex Hillary comms director

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So this event only mattered (in the US context) to those who can delude themselves into believing that this election isn't already over. Got it.

This thread sometimes hahaha
Exhausting. Seriously.

Now, I will say, this was absolutely stupid for the President of Mexico. Like, seriously idiotic. There was no plus side for him at all in this. It made him look weak and like he was validating Trump's bigotry. That's really what he accomplished.

Also, Trump's $10 million dollar ad reserve? So far, he's only reserved $5 million.

Florida: $1.8 million
North Carolina: $1 million
Ohio: $1.2 million
Pennsylvania: $1.2 million
Michigan: $600,000

They said that he'd have the remainder in by yesterday. He hasn't.

Joeytj

Banned
What a shit show for Peña over here in Mexico (and no, Mexicans on both sides of the border aren't buying what Trump's selling either).

The reaction from social media and politicians is the strongest I've ever seen against Peña lately.

Former President Fox right now is spewing fire against Peña and Trump right now on Univision/Fusion with Jorge Ramos in a live stream and social media is simply flabbergast with how Trump played Peña.

"Mexican's lost two things this week: Juan Gabriel and its dignity" people are retweeting.

Emarv

God I can't wait until, Bernie, Biden and Obame start stumping for her and we forget all about this.

I'm curious what are the odds that Bernie actually goes out and stumps for her, at this point. I'm honestly unsure how many times he'd be willing to do it.

again, just a question. not every question or hesitancy is a Diablos.

I think it's a nothing burger. Like maybe if they had not announced it yesterday then did it today, and could have made it a conversation piece for a couple more days, maybe it would have an effect. This is a null event.

You know what this looks like? This looks like a small child wearing toddler 3 piece suit with diapers playing daddy. Seriously, there is no other way this looks. And I'm the official neogaf optics spokesman. Media will go "awwwww how cute", the morons will see how Trump ventured into the dragon's lair and vanquished the foul demon, the rest of the country scratches its head on why a child was allowed on the stage unsupervised.

No Hillary supporters will move toward Trump, who already hit a ceiling. No "undecideds" will move towards Trump who were already against him. This is media stunt. As Mamba said, nothing matters except the debates.

CrME7IQXYAAN44P.jpg

lol

Debirudog

I'm curious what are the odds that Bernie actually goes out and stumps for her, at this point. I'm honestly unsure how many times he'd be willing to do it.

again, just a question. not every question or hesitancy is a Diablos.

He did promise he'll do everything he can to stop Trump from winning the presidency. Better keep his word about it.

I'll think he'll have no problem about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom