• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

How's everyone doing? I did a 100 mile bike ride yesterday and spent today chilling on the couch watching football and eating pizza and ice cream. I just cleared 500+ emails from my Gmail important inbox and it is completely empty.

I decided I can't watch the debate. Trump's voice/lies are a trigger I don't need. I will just read the thread.

My ride was through NH and ME and I passed a Kasich for pres. sign in a yard.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Breitbart and Gravis on Ohio:

Trump 43% (+1)
Clinton 42%
Johnson 6%
Stein 1%

So she's winning Ohio!!

Close. Definitely should be going all in on Ohio. I think I send Bill a few times. They had better times under his watch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Many smart people are in total denial about this race. Very close.

*tweets on message boards and agrees*

What are the crosstabs btw? Is Hillary losing hispanics?

Zukkoyaki

That CO poll has Bennett losing and Obama approval in the low 40s. Also only 25% of those surveyed identify themselves as liberal. I'm totally convinced, guys.

I'd imagine Trump would say this about Anderson Cooper: "I'm friends with many LGBTQ. They love me! Very good group. But an LGBTQ moderator? Very unfair. Wouldn't be able to moderate fairly with my pro-1st amendment rights platform and Vice-Presidential pick. Hillary says she supports LGBTQ but also supports bringing in refugees who want to kill them!? Very sad!"

Joeytj

Banned
In what world is she tied in Ohio but loosing Colorado? I mean, it's Breitbart, but they having been that off, despite their open attempts to unskew.

The fact that they have Bennet losing and Obama in the low 40 tells me they probably are leaving out a big chunk of Dem voters. Which is the point of these polls.

Zukkoyaki

In what world is she tied in Ohio but loosing Colorado? I mean, it's Breitbart, but they having been that off, despite their open attempts to unskew.

Noice. Their national poll on Friday had Clinton +4, there's no way she's losing Colorado in that scenario.

This poll also has Bennett losing when he has a double digit lead in aggregates.

So what I'm really saying is, this is definitely going to be the poll that 538 weighs the most in their Colorado model and we can expect a Nate Silver tweet at anytime going, "See!!! It's close!!! #Trendz" while not saying a word about the Ohio poll.

Ohio has a few things that are world-class:
The Cleveland Symphony
The Cleveland Clinic
Cedar Point
Ice Cream

I'm not super-familiar with Ohio's peer-states of Indiana, Michigan or Pennsylvania, but I struggle to think of what any of them have that's considered world-class. Michigan has the HQ of the auto industry and Eminem I guess? PA is the world leader in Amish cuisine?

I don't know about "world class" but Michigan is 1000x more scenic and better for the outdoors than Ohio. Lakes great and small, dunes, rivers and woods.

I seriously can't take this rollercoaster. Good poll, bad poll, good poll, bad poll, we're winning, we're about to lose our footing.

And tomorrow, who knows.

I'm glad there is always the comforting prospect of suicide.

I wouldn't actually kill myself under President Trump. People who have fought way harder than me for way longer never gave up when they were stonewalled by institutions and people that failed them. I'm no hero, but killing myself the first time something social didn't go my way would be an insult to everybody who ever dusted themselves off and kept fighting for their rights and lives. "We may not live to see tomorrow," etc...

That said, boy would it be nice to just die instead of try. The Grim Reaper perpetuates no injustice. He is my friend.

Oh god that was really awkward on msnbc. Chris Matthews just turned to hallie Jackson and asked since she was the only woman on the panel what she thought about debating a woman and Hallie was like anyone on the panel could have answered that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hillary, this campaign season, you have been accused of being untrustworthy. Your email scandal has been a focus of the media for almost two years. Your husband's Foundation knowingly infects people with HIV. You were caught last week murdering six children in the back seat of OJ Simpson's Bronco. You have publicly professed to eating souls. What would you do about school lunches?

Looks like CNN is right:
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ton-and-her-top-allies-plan-post-debate-blitz

Internal data must be BAD.

Hope this isn't the beginning of "let's just get 270".

SiRPBYp.gif

5zEmBVF.gif

Not sure how you are going to make it through the next 6 weeks. Stay strong, friend.

zargle

Hillary, this campaign season, you have been accused of being untrustworthy. Your email scandal has been a focus of the media for almost two years. Your husband's Foundation knowingly infects people with HIV. You were caught last week murdering six children in the back seat of OJ Simpson's Bronco. You have publicly professed to eating souls. What would you do about school lunches?

"I'm glad you asked. I would work hard with Congress to pass an increase to corn subsidies, as well as mandate both an increase of corn syrup in lunches and double portions. It's well known the bigger the child, the better the meat."

kess

Ohio has a few things that are world-class:
The Cleveland Symphony
The Cleveland Clinic
Cedar Point
Ice Cream

I'm not super-familiar with Ohio's peer-states of Indiana, Michigan or Pennsylvania, but I struggle to think of what any of them have that's considered world-class. Michigan has the HQ of the auto industry and Eminem I guess? PA is the world leader in Amish cuisine?

Pennsylvania is a ...unique place. And as you know, America Starts Here.

pa-sign.jpg

Suck it, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, West Virginia and Delaware.

Boke1879

So im seeing some contradictory articles, will the moderator be fact checking during tomorrows debates?

The mod won't be fact checking. That's not their job otherwise after every statement the candidates made the mod would interject.

the mod should ask questions that force the candidates to explain/expand their positions and policies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

The fact that they have Bennet losing and Obama in the low 40 tells me they probably are leaving out a big chunk of Dem voters. Which is the point of these polls.

Yeah that is weird.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I can't believe it's only just now dawned on me that I won't be able to watch the debate tomorrow. I have a business trip and I'll be at the welcome event tomorrow night...

Iolo

Mrs. Clinton, would you say ketchup is a vegetable, or is it just that tens of millions of Reagan voters are, in your words, "deplorable"?

Madam secretary, why did you send out state secrets from your personal email account which directly led to the death of Benghazi, then proceeded to destroy the phone with a hammer?

Secretary Clinton, a longstanding issue of yours has been your mishandling of a private email server and classified emails. Mr. Trump often mentions that you have emails about yoga. Would you please walk us through your yoga routine?

I don't know about "world class" but Michigan is 1000x more scenic and better for the outdoors than Ohio. Lakes great and small, dunes, rivers and woods.
I got no beef with Michigan; I think we may be visiting Traverse City next summer, actually. Just putting in a kind word for Ohio.

Pennsylvania is a ...unique place. And as you know, America Starts Here.

pa-sign.jpg

Suck it, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, West Virginia and Delaware.
I had a great pork sandwich in Philly once. Not sure if it was world class but it was real good.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit worried that Hill's only up by a couple of points nationally against the worst presidential candidate in American history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom