• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

CtVBO45XgAA5GYE.jpg:large

I really like this image.

Slizeezyc

I'll have broader things to say tomorrow but the jist: we just witnessed the worst presidential debate performance in modern US history. You can dislike Hillary on various fronts idealogically if you're a republican or independent or even a liberal, but you have to acknowledge she is capable and presidential. The same can be said of Romney, McCain, Obama...every modern candidate. Except Trump. What we saw was a disaster of historical proportions.

Good luck spinning that into "both sides" nonsense. I heard Chuck Todd did his best but yea...not going to work. Trump literally fell for every single bait Hillary threw out. He started good on trade and had her on the defensive, but the minute she brought up his inheritance he lost control and never regained it.

I was a nerd and watching old debates in the lead up to this, really was just the worst performance in many moons.

Where was the one liner Samantha bee put the fear of God into me about

Seriously was ailes drunk? Or was trump just too stupid to remember

To be semi-serious everyone who talks about Trump mentions he gets fidgety after about 20 minutes, which coincidentally was about the time he started to break down and run the stream of consciousness. Like when he brought up temperment he said it in a sentence, stopped and then said "okay lets talk about temperament."

I think Trump has a timer before he starts shitting the bed and does not focus. Hillary worked that perfectly, after the first 30 she was completely in control of what Trump was going to talk about.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
By far the most one sided debate in my lifetime. Well, there was one in 1984 but I was was only about seven months old then.

NeoXChaos

I'll have broader things to say tomorrow but the jist: we just witnessed the worst presidential debate performance in modern US history. You can dislike Hillary on various fronts idealogically if you're a republican or independent or even a liberal, but you have to acknowledge she is capable and presidential. The same can be said of Romney, McCain, Obama...every modern candidate. Except Trump. What we saw was a disaster of historical proportions.

Good luck spinning that into "both sides" nonsense. I heard Chuck Todd did his best but yea...not going to work. Trump literally fell for every single bait Hillary threw out. He started good on trade and had her on the defensive, but the minute she brought up his inheritance he lost control and never regained it.

topped in 3 weeks by foreign policy.

Slacker

I wish Hillary and/or Lester wouldn't have let Trump off the hook regarding the "she doesn't look presidential" comment. His stupid stamina pivot set H up to knock one out of the park, but I'd like to know what he actually meant. Or at least how he could possibly explain it away.

sazzy

Breitbart is complaining that:

-Clinton Foundation wasn't brought up

-Private server wasn't brought up

-Immigration wasn't brought up

-Lester Holt told audience to quiet down after Trump brought up emails

-Hillary is commanding fact checkers to 'get to work'

lol.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Hillary and/or Lester wouldn't have let Trump off the hook regarding the "she doesn't look presidential" comment. His stupid stamina pivot set H up to knock one out of the park, but I'd like to know what he actually meant. Or at least how he could possibly explain it away.

Eh, it'd take hours to go over all the stupid stuff Trump said this debate.

Trump going after Rosie on national debate is going to kill him, among many other things. The GOP primary audience hates Rosie but not the rest of the country. She is still ROSIE!

thebloo

I know it's usually frowned upon because of obvious reasons. But Hillary looked NICE tonight. You could look at that woman and be relaxed that she's going to meet with people to fix the world.

Matt NegrinVerified account
‏@MattNegrin Matt Negrin Retweeted Bloomberg Politics
Rudy Giuliani told us that if he were Trump, he wouldn't do more debates bc of the moderator

They will lose so hard if he backs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom