• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me in the debate thread:

This was the map this afternoon from Princeton Election. I wonder how it will look in a few days once we get post-debate polls.

kCF_BDPqPcVjH32xukMc-og77cOlGyZtTsuoXXYdFjE

There is nothing on record to suggest that Trump was against the Iraq War. He criticized HW Bush for not killing Saddam in the Gulf War which suggests him as being for it.

Can we get back to how Donald Trump obviously didn't know what the first use was?

Also there needs to be a rule that you get thrown out if you make a noise in the audience

kess

Clinton seemed thrown off and a little stilted at the beginning but really started to make all the important things she needed to do around a third of the way through. Her comebacks were pretty spot on. Did she ever get the last word? God, Trump choked on them. He made her look Presidential.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm quite satisfied with how the debate went. The mainstream outlets seem to agree Hillary won handily.

Can't believe some doubted our Queen.

If 100 million people actually saw this then it is really, really going to damage Trump in many ways. Since the beginning I don't believe Trump looked good in anyway, but the first few minutes it would look favorable towards some people. Either way, what matters more is how he reacted in all the questions he was given, and how he handled himself when he was baited by Hillary. It makes him look very foolish to anyone that was paying attention and I bet there were many that did.

Very few things he did in the debate made it more likely for many to even vote for him and that was nearly Trump's fault and part because of Hillary basically outplayed, anyone that was paying attention saw that. Although, I do not think Hillary necessarily destroyed Trump completely as she had many opportunities to do that, but it seemed she let him destroy himself by getting baited. For some, I don't think they'll still know much about her policies, but she handled herself extremely well and that is what is going count. Regardless, she benefited here no matter what and Trump did no favors for himself and some might say he won, but not with any confidence.

I think polls will jump towards Hillary much more and Donald is going to drop a few points mostly because of some being demoralized , but some of his support won't be coming back regardless I reckon. I think she should have been more liberal and talked about some of her policies and little more, but they didn't get to all the points.

Slacker

Some twitter highlights:

Hayes Brown ‏@HayesBrown 2h2 hours ago
Holt: This conversation is about race, Mr. Trump if I c-

Trump: [interrupts a black man]

-----------

(((Yair Rosenberg))) ‏@Yair_Rosenberg 9m9 minutes ago
All in all, a really good night for Mildred, Hillary's body double.

-----------

George Wallace ‏@MrGeorgeWallace 9m9 minutes ago
Don't listen to the mainstream media, saying debates require preparation and reasonable knowledge of the world and whatnot and so forth.

-----------

Jeff Greco ‏@jeffgreco 23m23 minutes ago
It's tragic to see someone with such tiny hands grasping at so many straws.

-----------

matt aukamp ‏@mattaukamp Jul 19
One day, Donald Trump is going to look a reporter straight in the eyes on national TV and say "I never ran for President."

-----------

Teymoor Nabili ‏@teymoornabili 2h2 hours ago
Line of the night from shouting man: "I have a much better temperament than she has"

Wilsongt

Some twitter highlights:

Hayes Brown ‏@HayesBrown 2h2 hours ago
Holt: This conversation is about race, Mr. Trump if I c-

Trump: [interrupts a black man]

-----------

(((Yair Rosenberg))) ‏@Yair_Rosenberg 9m9 minutes ago
All in all, a really good night for Mildred, Hillary's body double.

-----------

George Wallace ‏@MrGeorgeWallace 9m9 minutes ago
Don't listen to the mainstream media, saying debates require preparation and reasonable knowledge of the world and whatnot and so forth.

-----------

Jeff Greco ‏@jeffgreco 23m23 minutes ago
It's tragic to see someone with such tiny hands grasping at so many straws.

-----------

matt aukamp ‏@mattaukamp Jul 19
One day, Donald Trump is going to look a reporter straight in the eyes on national TV and say "I never ran for President."

-----------

Teymoor Nabili ‏@teymoornabili 2h2 hours ago
Line of the night from shouting man: "I have a much better temperament than she has"

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 12m12 minutes ago

#BringBackBernie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyEfutKhuBQ … Donald Trump Defeated Hillary Clinton In Presidential Debate. Bernie Sanders Would Have Won

Jeb!'s campaign manager:
mike murphyVerified account
‏@murphymike
I despise her silly lefty domestic policy and the class war tropes, but it's all too clear that of these two only HRC is ready to be POTUS.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's Chris Wallace though.....

She didn't need Holt to dismantle him though, she got under his skin in her first answer. If goes brings up Bill in the second debate and gets smacked around on that, he'll have no bullets left in his gun. He's a petty as fuck dude, he won't show if he gets wrecked next time.

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/780594359716622338

Feel like this one clip just defines the entire debate so well. Watch as Hill just stares deadpan at the camera as implodes on stage. Holy shit.

The moment when his temperament gets brought up nearly broke my brain.

It's like his sole goal in this debate was to show he doens't have the right temperament, then he says "I have a much better temperament", the audience laughs in disbelief, Hillary can't keep a straight face.... My god, this debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom