• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
kP9bjrW.png

This question is so easily answered it's hilarious. Not the best rhetorical.

Reading the WaPo Daily 202 and there's a quote from Giuliani that says Donald should skip the next two debates unless he is "promised that the journalist would act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker."

Why can't all these people get in a very angry hot air balloon and float away forever.

30 years. All of her adult life. Because she founded ISIS in 1966.

Oh, so that weird rambling, she was mean, I could have said stuff thing was about Bill's infidelity?

Holmes

Actually, more astounding to me is seeing Kellyanne Conway answer the questions she wishes she was asked instead of the questions she was actually asked. It was super frustrating seeing her on CNN this morning lol.
Reminds me of Zootopia. "Answer their question with your own question, and then answer that question."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Reading the WaPo Daily 202 and there's a quote from Giuliani that says Donald should skip the next two debates unless he is "promised that the journalist would act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker."

Why can't all these people get in a very angry hot air balloon and float away forever.

These people are delusional.

They are arguing that their candidate should be able to lie directly to the American public with no repercussion. I don't agree.

Retro

Chuck Todd can bite the fattest part of my ass, I'd rather have somebody over-prepared than completely unprepared. His criticism is tantamount to rolling up behind Clinton and shouting "NERD!"

NeoXChaos

Howard Fineman ‏@howardfineman 8m8 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
#Trump will go nuclear now on #BillClinton's sordid personal life. Ivanka's friendship with Chelsea has held him back, but dam will break.

Lol the fact that he lost in front of 80+ million people is driving him crazy. His campaign stump speech is going to be amazing. No one will be able to hold him back.

We are only just getting started.

One thing Hillary did that Trump's GOP competition did not do was just outright ignore him. When he interrupted, she just paused, let him blab on, and continued right where she left off.

In the GOP primaries, Trump's jabs would lead to arguments back and forth, giving Trump more air time, and throwing off whoever was speaking.

To me it seems like they tested hundreds of different ways of handling Trump, and this one was the one that came across as the best.

I have to grudgingly admit to being curious about the trash tracking polls over the next few days to see if they show a trend relative to where they've been.

"Trump won because he's rewriting the game" seems like the most bizarre spin. Then again, an electorate did pick him as their candidate so still at this point Nov. 8 is the only decision that matters.

Someone last night posted a hilarious Grover Norquist tweet about "vaper's rights" or whatever. This guy is a true believer about how vaping is like one of the last bits of freedom left in the country and harps on it all the damn time (and is still going on about it this morning). He routinely brings up the "coalition that will take down Hillary Clinton," which includes the unlikely hodgepodge of vapers, gun owners and Uber drivers.

Grover Norquist ‏@GroverNorquist
Trump failed to speak to the Vaping community tonight.
Missed opportunity.
next debate?
Disappointed there were no questions on Obama and Hillary's war on VAPING through the FDA.
If Hillary wins, there will be prohibition.
Hillary and obama's FDA have set in motion actual Prohibition for Vaping....
Trump did not let Vapers know he would end this war.
Vape....Vape.....Vape....VOTE
Repeal.
Another Hillary supporter making it clear their plans for 10 million Vapers.
They don't care about your health.
They just like being boss.

I'm not sure when the switch from "that tax reform guy" to "that vaping guy" happened, but it's pretty funny to follow. For instance, he was just at Burning Man a couple weeks ago. Grover Norquist. At Burning Man. Hilarious.

How did deplorables not come up last night?

There was an easy set up when Hillary said we should go high, not low. He could have easily jumped in and said "would you say calling half of America Deplorable as going high?"

But he was so unfocused and so angry, he didn't even mention it.

Come to think of it, Benghazi and the Clinton Foundation didn't come up either. Trump really didn't prepare at all, did he?

Holmes

One thing Hillary did that Trump's GOP competition did not do was just outright ignore him. When he interrupted, she just paused, let him blab on, and continued right where she left off.

In the GOP primaries, Trump's jabs would lead to arguments back and forth, giving Trump more air time, and throwing off whoever was speaking.

To me it seems like they tested hundreds of different ways of handling Trump, and this one was the one that came across as the best.
tumblr_oe54k5sAmu1qaychzo1_1280.jpg

There was an easy set up when Hillary said we should go high, not low. He could have easily jumped in and said "would you say calling half of America Deplorable as going high?"

The same way he missed an easy layup on the emails when it came to cyber security. I mean Lester just handed that to him as he asked specifically about cyber security and not just security.

30 years. All of her adult life. Because she founded ISIS in 1966.

Oh, so that weird rambling, she was mean, I could have said stuff thing was about Bill's infidelity?

"You've been fighting ISIS your entire life" and "your president" are so perfectly made for fatal rebuttals from Hillary, it physically pains me to see how much restraint she shows when handling Trumps bullshit.

I mean, given the scrutiny she's under, it's probably the best route to go, but I can't help but wonder if it would pay off if she just eviscerated him with quick, witty, and damning zingers every time he assaults our collective IQ with his ramblings.

"You've been fighting ISIS your entire life" and "your president" are so perfectly made for fatal rebuttals from Hillary, it physically pains me to see how much restraint she shows when handling Trumps bullshit.

I mean, given the scrutiny she's under, it's probably the best route to go, but I can't help but wonder if it would pay off if she just eviscerated him with quick, witty, and damning zingers every time he assaults our collective IQ with his ramblings.

I'm thinking about this too. I am trying to remember we have two more debates for people to pay attention to and it's probably GOOD that it isn't all front loaded. If every debate has its own story, and one of them is her TKO of her opponent in a way that even outdoes her previous performance, it will be a good news cycle.

If there's a smart time to bring the knives out, it's when he's on the ropes towards the end of the third and final debate. It's got to look like going for the finish though and it can't descend into mud slinging.

I think the opportunity will be there and I hope she takes it, but unless the polls do something crazy over the last week, that was the right performance. It doesn't mean much, I know, but I know a few undecided who were definitely won over by her composure, who couldn't believe how much Trump was interrupting her. It was a big *differential* for them.

gaugebozo

Someone last night posted a hilarious Grover Norquist tweet about "vaper's rights" or whatever. This guy is a true believer about how vaping is like one of the last bits of freedom left in the country and harps on it all the damn time (and is still going on about it this morning). He routinely brings up the "coalition that will take down Hillary Clinton," which includes the unlikely hodgepodge of vapers, gun owners and Uber drivers.

I'm not sure when the switch from "that tax reform guy" to "that vaping guy" happened, but it's pretty funny to follow. For instance, he was just at Burning Man a couple weeks ago. Grover Norquist. At Burning Man. Hilarious.
What in the goddamn world? It's like if James Carville suddenly started advocating for shredding some gnarly waves.

Edit: the proper term is tasty. James Carville catching some tasty waves. Cajun style.

You're probably right.

There's simply no way to come out of this a winner, if you stoop to the same level as Trump. Even if she had refuted Trump with reason, the fact that it would be in the form of a shouting match, would mean she loses. Trump is allowed to yell and call names and interrupt. Hillary is not.

She was smart to not engage, making it impossible for Trump to do a do-over of all his primary debates.

Two things;

1) On liberals freaking out and reinforcing negative narratives: #TrumpWon is trending on twitter; but most of the tweets i saw were people complaining about how it was trending. SMH.

2) The "She's been there 30 years and hasn't fixed anything" is not only easily answerable, it can easily be tied to his complete lack of knowledge, and ALSO to President Obama's assertion that he's running for dictator. I don't know what's the best way to word it, but if she can say something like: "the Presidency has awesome power, but for you to think that any one politician can alter the course of history single-handedly is really naive, Donald."

Fuchsdh

These people are delusional.

They are arguing that their candidate should be able to lie directly to the American public with no repercussion. I don't agree.

The nice thing about them complaining is that it shows they realize they can't just skip them. I so want Trump to have a temper tantrum and do it though. Just give Clinton a chance to town hall it and point out that she's the only candidate who can actually stand up to a debate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Now Trump is flat out denying comments he made DURING THE DEBATE.

I know people have joked about it before, but no joking here: he honestly speaks like somebody dealing with senility. He rambles, starts addressing a question then completely changes topic, and denies multiple things he says.

Valhelm

contribute something

this is amazing

GutsOfThor

Just curious, how do you all think the debate would have went if Johnson made it on stage?

I think it would have been a shouting match between Johnson and trump with Clinton not being able to get a word in.

I know people have joked about it before, but no joking here: he honestly speaks like somebody dealing with senility. He rambles, starts addressing a question then completely changes topic, and denies multiple things he says.

It's the narcissistic personality disorder. That's one of the most frustrating parts of dealing with people with that disorder- they will say something and soon after say they never said it right to your face and give no shits.

Come to think of it, Benghazi and the Clinton Foundation didn't come up either. Trump really didn't prepare at all, did he?

He's just not good at this, his lack of experience shows. He missed opportunity after opportunity.

Just curious, how do you all think the debate would have went if Johnson made it on stage?

I think it would have been a shouting match between Johnson and trump with Clinton not being able to get a word in.

Probably, yes. It wouldn't have been as effective of a take down of Trump. We needed the stark contrast between the two

Cyanity

Banned
Had some of the soundest sleep of my life last night. I'm so ready for Hillary to wrap this up and punt Trump off the face of the Earth in November.

Hillary should bring a smartphone loaded with actual Trump soundbites to the next debate just to shut his ass up.

I didn't realize it was THAT Grover Norquist lmao. Seriously I thought it was someone else with the name.

tuffy

Trump doesn't read books, gets distracted by the TV during interviews, and can't even concentrate long enough to finish his own statements without wandering off on some tangent. There's no way he's going to suddenly develop enough focus to do proper debate prep in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom