• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

My favorite thing about what seems to be Trump's response to his performance last night is that next debate he needs to hit harder.

Yeah, Donald. By all means, so even more like an aggressive bully. Please.

Crocodile

The worst thing I think Clinton did that stood out to me, as I do a mental inventory of the night, is Clinton's answer to the stamina question where she brought up her testimony in front of Congress. Considering how many people are still angry about Benghazi/emails in this country, maybe don't bring up the 11 hour grilling before Congress as part of her bone fides. Against anyone with half a brain, that would have been a big opening to attack her over it.

Except one of her biggest popularity spikes in the past two years happened after that hearing. Pretty much everyone thought she came out smelling like roses from that event. There are no undecided voters at this point who care about Benghazi. Either you drank the Kool-Aid and think it disqualifies her or you recognize it as the nothingburger that it is and don't let it affect your judgement of her one way or the other.

The E-mail thing is tricker since she is actually at fault there but the issue was already addressed and resolved during the debate; she already gave an answer for it. There was nothing else to say on the matter and no real reason for Trump to bring it up again since she would just say she already answered the question.

The worst thing I think Clinton did that stood out to me, as I do a mental inventory of the night, is Clinton's answer to the stamina question where she brought up her testimony in front of Congress. Considering how many people are still angry about Benghazi/emails in this country, maybe don't bring up the 11 hour grilling before Congress as part of her bone fides. Against anyone with half a brain, that would have been a big opening to attack her over it.

Clinton's polling skyrocketed after the Benghazi hearing. It might honestly still be her best news cycle of the entire election season.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really hope the next debate involves some kind of policy talk. Regardless of what she says, if she sounds like she knows what she's talking about I think it will let her pull away.

Boke1879

I really hope the next debate involves some kind of policy talk. Regardless of what she says, if she sounds like she knows what she's talking about I think it will let her pull away.

The town hall style debate IMO precisely let's her do this. She can answer questions in detail

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The thing about losing a debate this soundly and giving off a million sound bites is, there is NOTHING. NOTHING he can do to change the narrative for the next 7 days. The VP debate can take a bit of the heat off, but as we saw 4 years ago, not fully.

Until the next presidential debate, this performance and the dumb shit he said is going to be the focus of all media attention.

Then there is the question we all have to ask ourselves: Does Based Trump look into the mirror, see the faults in his performance and then hunker down for the next 2 weeks to prep for the Town Hall? Yeah, I don't think so either.

reaching for conspiracy theories... full speed ahead lol

LkZfs9o.png

Pixelly MS Paint evidence coming soon!

A bizarre moment from the debate that I hope people have been talking about is when Trump was rambling on about cybersecurity (or "cyber" as he calls it). At one point he brings up how good his 10 year old son is at computers and then somehow links that with how hard cybersecurity is?
He's 70. And a moron. I don't think he computers good. Barron is all up in the cyber with the clouds.

The weird ways he uses Twitter are kind of indicative.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
2 minutes really isn't long enough to get into detailed policy.
It doesn't matter. The kind of people who go into these debates undecided are fine with smart sounding pablum.

Trump has no policy so saying anything is better than nothing, in my opinion.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Town Hall is great for this kind of thing. It's also going to allow Hillary to practice her well worn "I actually care about humans" thing, and force Donald trump to look into the eyes of a DREAMer or African American and defend his racist bullshit.

Hell, maybe they can invite Rosie to the next one now that she is in the news.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rudy says the Monica thing shows Hillary is too stupid to be president:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/giuliani-clinton-too-stupid-228789

Alrighty then, foaming-at-mouth man.

Please, please, PLEASE take this route, Trump campaign. Please. It will ensure many republicans I know to stay home on election day.

I really enjoyed how in the discussion about cybersecurity, Trump brought up that his son was good with computers. One of the most nonsensical discussions I have ever seen.

Boke1879

Please, please, PLEASE take this route, Trump campaign. Please. It will ensure many republicans I know to stay home on election day.

I really enjoyed how in the discussion about cybersecurity, Trump brought up that his son was good with computers. One of the most nonsensical discussions I have ever seen.

Pretty much and I don't see this playing with women or men at all really.

Then there is the question we all have to ask ourselves: Does Based Trump look into the mirror, see the faults in his performance and then hunker down for the next 2 weeks to prep for the Town Hall? Yeah, I don't think so either.

He does, but he doesn't see the right faults. Look at him wishing he hit Hillary and her family at the end of the debate. That's the kind of fault he sees in his performance.

thebloo

Putting aside any potential political differences for a second, I hope people will one day acknowledge that the journey this woman has been on is a testament to her determination and endurance. It's hard to never stop fighting for what you believe in when the whole world is against you.

That's one of my (not 100% serious) arguments for her. Let's say she is the caricature, the villain, the murderer, the thief, the bitch. Let's say it's all true.

That she's still standing is fucking impressive!

Emarv

The thing about losing a debate this soundly and giving off a million sound bites is, there is NOTHING. NOTHING he can do to change the narrative for the next 7 days. The VP debate can take a bit of the heat off, but as we saw 4 years ago, not fully.

Until the next presidential debate, this performance and the dumb shit he said is going to be the focus of all media attention.

which is the key point. His surrogates will admit in a few days that he didn't do great, but that "remember, Obama lost the first one and then came back". But then that means that Trump would have to then do intense debate prep like Obama did, but like you said, not happening.

Give me that 2nd Debate now!

Rudy says the Monica thing shows Hillary is too stupid to be president:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/giuliani-clinton-too-stupid-228789

Alrighty then, foaming-at-mouth man.

This guy's a cheating scumbag who's been married like 4 times. Same with Trump. It's amazing people like that are taking this route and that they think it will help them. Trump regretted not bringing it up during the debate. WHY? You looked bad enough. lol

Speaking of Rudy:

Giuliani: I'd skip next debates if I were Trump

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/giuliani-trump-debates-228756

I hope this Miss Universe stuff gets more attention. He was disgusting during the entire thing, his debate response was embarrassing "WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?", and his response this morning was awful, doubling down on it and calling her fat.

There's a lot to process and cover from the debate, but this story seems easy to draw attention to and easy to make a big story out of.

The dude held a press event to follow her into a gym to fat shame her. Seriously.

Boke1879

I hope this Miss Universe stuff gets more attention. He was disgusting during the entire thing, his debate response was embarrassing "WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?", and his response this morning was awful, doubling down on it and calling her fat.

There's a lot to process and cover from the debate, but this story seems easy to draw attention to and easy to make a big story out of.

The dude held a press event to follow her into a gym to fat shame her. Seriously.

I hope so as well and honestly I think it will.

I can't wait for the Vic Berger video for WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS.

It's like he actually thought he had buried the story forever and nobody was ever going to find it, and suddenly there it was. His response wasn't just him blustering, he sounded legitimately surprised someone had actually managed to find this story.

I certainly hope so. Could be another Khan moment if the media really goes in on it, so I really hope they do because that was just terrible and it seems like another one of those things Trump can't let go and so is ripe for the picking. But like you said there's a lot to unpack from this debate, what with him also bragging about not paying taxes and also doubling down on not paying contractors/his employees for "not doing a good job," among others. Any one of those could be devastating if the media really puts pressure on them, so we'll see, but I agree.

thebloo

I wish they wouldn't. It's a horrible thing to say and it furthers some bad clichés. Yeah, Hillary can take it, but what about the hundreds or thousands that can't?

I want them to lose, but I'd rather they not need to devolve into saying "cunt" on TV to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom