• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

This is what happens when people's expectations of you are very low that you can poll high by doing ok-ish.

The important part of that poll is that it was done by Breitbart, as in the site run by the guy who runs Trumps campaign.

SexyFish

Banned
Trump really going in on the online polls lol.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/780796008854876160
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Such a great honor. Final debate polls are in - and the MOVEMENT wins!
#AmericaFirst #MAGA #ImWithYou
http://www.DonaldJTrump.com
CtXxhxeWIAAefPB.jpg

Like fucking seriously you can't talk your way into believing that performance was winning.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope this Miss Universe stuff gets more attention. He was disgusting during the entire thing, his debate response was embarrassing "WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?", and his response this morning was awful, doubling down on it and calling her fat.

There's a lot to process and cover from the debate, but this story seems easy to draw attention to and easy to make a big story out of.

The dude held a press event to follow her into a gym to fat shame her. Seriously.
The Trump campaign found out stuff like this doesn't get attention unless he engages so he's actually improved on that front. I don't expect anything to come of it.

I don't think the 'did your mind change' in the post-debate polling question matters all that much. What matters is if you're more likely to vote for your candidate based on the relative performances. This entire election right now is just getting lukewarm voters to the polls.

So open questions
https://presidentialopenquestions.com/

You can honestly guess what questions peopke are asking.

Why should abortion clinics such as Planned Parenthood receive federal funding?

This seems like it could lead to a productive discussion, maybe I should vote for this ques...

Planned Parenthood performs hundreds of thousands of abortions per year, and profits from the deplorable practice of selling organs from the unborn babies it kills.

You know what, just forget it.

sazzy

TV cable news is still spending too much time on shitty, nonsense stuff.

Just now, there was a segment on CNN about Trump's remarks on the hacking thing. They play his clip with the remark about there being probably 3 parties that could've been responsible for the DNC hacking:

1/ Russia - highly likely to certain
2/ China - probable but unlikely
3/ 400lb man on a bed - utter shit nonsense

So the CNN bobble heads decide to ask Evan McForgot-My-VP-name about 3, as if all three options are equally valid, and of course when he's done plugging his whatever, time's up, segment's over, let's go to a commercial break.

Why not call out bullshit when you see it, and spend time on reasonable talking points?

Why not say, hey, option 3 is stupid and nonsense, we're not going to waste any more time on it, lets talk about how and why Russia and/or China would hack the DNC.

PBY

Banned
TV cable news is still spending too much time on shitty, nonsense stuff.

Just now, there was a segment on CNN about Trump's remarks on the hacking thing. They play his clip with the remark about there being probably 3 parties that could've been responsible for the DNC hacking:

1/ Russia - highly likely to certain
2/ China - probable but unlikely
3/ 400lb man on a bed - utter shit nonsense

So the CNN bobble heads decide to ask Evan McForgot-My-VP-name about 3, as if all three options are equally valid, and of course when he's done plugging his whatever, time's up, segment's over, time for a commercial break.

Why not call out bullshit when you see it, and spend time on reasonable talking points?

Why not say, hey, option 3 is stupid and nonsense, we're not going to waste any more time on it, lets talk about how and why Russia and/or China would hack the DNC.

You left out option 4, super-cyberhacker Barron.

Cyanity

Banned
My favorite thing about what seems to be Trump's response to his performance last night is that next debate he needs to hit harder.

Yeah, Donald. By all means, so even more like an aggressive bully. Please.

If Trump's takeaway from last night's debate was that he needs to hit *harder*, then November is already in the bag and I can go back to not worrying about this election

lyrick

If Trump's takeaway from last night's debate was that he needs to hit *harder*, then November is already in the bag and I can go back to not worrying about this election

And if he "won" without prep, he need not waste any time on that either.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...hizr-khan.html?mid=twitter_dailyintelligencer

my thoughts mirrored this last night.

the machado line was scripted and trying to bait him to a khan moment. he of course feel for it

Trump literally fell for every single trap Hillary set for him, every single one. He couldn't take a single step without hitting a landmine. Her and her team did a fantastic job mapping this debate out, I can't wait to see what they can do now that they know their assumptions work and Trump is pre-heated.

sazzy

And if he "won" without prep, he need not waste any time on that either.

I hope he does hit harder. He's a very arrogant, narcissistic man, and there's nothing more satisfying than watching a selfish, arrogant, son of a pepe crashing and burning.

spock

Just thought I'd share a little Trump voter insight from some postdebate discussions. Most are already aware that Hillary's biggest problem is her body language and how she says things. Drilling further into this issue during the discussion I had a lot of it comes down to simple passion. Hillary when she speaks comes across like all issues are the same to her. Everything is just part of the job. When you look at her level of emotion and energy while discussing various issues rarely does she seem moved. To a lot of people its as if she is just going through motions.

Trump for all his flaws and problems, when he does speak his emotions come through much stronger (for better or worse). He comes across more passionate and and appears to care more in what he believes in, etc. (again for better or worse). This seems to be one of the big reasons that Trumps nonsense and flaws get continually overlooked, etc. To sum it up, someone said to me "at least he looks like he actually gives a damn".

Re-watching some of Hillary's speaking, I get what they where trying to say. It's similar to the whole Al Gore and George Bush situation which has been mentioned before. Thankfully Trump lacks the charm George Bush had however the perceived lack of passion on Hillary's end is problematic.

Edit:During the talk I had I was pushing to find out whats behind the whole "hes more real" perception a lot of his supporters seem to have. Why do they think hes more trustworthy, etc. The above seems to be part of whats behind their thinking/feelings.

Hair Mouse, the articulate vermin, paws through Donald Trump's hair and takes its perch at the stern of his scalp. Its small claws pierce Donald's head-skin. Though small, they seem to needle straight into his brain.

"You did well," says Hair Mouse. It has a voice like the sound of burning wood. It is not a friendly voice.

Donald does not feel he did well. In fact, he feels distinctly unwell. His daughter will not speak to him. He is disturbed by the example he is setting for his sons. He wishes this could all stop.
I love this.

Just thought I'd share a little Trump voter insight from some postdebate discussions. Most are already aware that Hillary's biggest problem is her body language and how she says things. Drilling further into this issue during the discussion I had a lot of it comes down to simple passion. Hillary when she speaks comes across like all issues are the same to her. Everything is just part of the job. When you look at her level of emotion and energy while discussing various issues rarely does she seem moved. To a lot of people its as if she is just going through motions.

Trump for all his flaws and problems, when he does speak his emotions come through much stronger (for better or worse). He comes across more passionate and and appears to care more in what he believes in, etc. (again for better or worse). This seems to be one of the big reasons that Trumps nonsense and flaws get continually overlooked, etc. To sum it up, someone said to me "at least he looks like he actually gives a damn".

Re-watching some of Hillary's speaking, I get what they where trying to say. It's similar to the whole Al Gore and George Bush situation which has been mentioned before. Thankfully Trump lacks the charm George Bush had however the perceived lack of passion on Hillary's end is problematic.

When she speaks passionately she's being "shrill". The minefield she has to navigate with literally every word is constantly underestimated.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Edit:During the talk I had I was pushing to find out whats behind the whole "hes more real" perception a lot of his supporters seem to have. Why do they think hes more trustworthy, etc. The above seems to be part of whats behind their thinking/feelings.

Bullshit.

Hillary's answer on race relations is absolutely on point and you can tell she actually cares about the issue.

What you are describing is sexism. IF she was passionate she would be called "bossy" or "shrill". If she is dispassionate she is "calculated" or "coniving".

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Patrick Monahan ‏@pattymo 14h14 hours ago

Trump's jab at 400-pound guys sitting online in bed may have lost him the alt-right

:lol :lol

StoOgE said:
Bullshit.

Hillary's answer on race relations is absolutely on point and you can tell she actually cares about the issue.

What you are describing is sexism.

Boom. Beat me to it.

Revolver

That's something I believe Hillary has talked about in the past and how she feels she has to temper her statements because she's a woman. She can't come out being bombastic and full of emotion because she'd be accused of being a fragile emotional woman. Obama faced a similar situation and feared coming off like an angry black man.

Pixieking

Banned
When she speaks passionately she's being "shrill". The minefield she has to navigate with literally every word is constantly underestimated.

See also: "Too presidential"... She's screwed however she comes across (at least, with a certain demographic) - can't be too emotional, too loud, too energetic, too presidential, too smug.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
That's something I believe Hillary has talked about in the past and how she feels she has to temper her statements because she's a woman. She can't come out being bombastic and full of emotion because she'd be accused of being a fragile emotional woman. Obama faced a similar situation and feared coming off like an angry black man.

The one time she showed human emotion 8 years ago by crying she got destroyed by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom