• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

Hi Ted Cruz.

Is this Cruz's doing again?

Holy fuck if the GOP did a government shutdown. A month before the election. Talk about swinging the Senate and the house.

Edit: It's actually the Dems doing this. Even if it is over Flint funding, they better not fucking shut the government down before the election. Completely idiotic.

alicia-machado-miss-universe-donald-trump-001-1474994935.jpg

This pic is amazing.

pigeon

Banned
Is this Cruz's doing again?

Holy fuck if the GOP did a government shutdown. A month before the election. Talk about swinging the Senate and the house.

Edit: It's actually the Dems doing this. Even if it is over Flint funding, they better not fucking shit the government down before the election. Completely idiotic.

Both parties always claim that the other party is to blame for any government shutdown. And it's mostly true, in the sense that obviously either party could just choose to compromise and avoid the shutdown.

For example, TPM is blaming the GOP for refusing to cover Flint, and noting that cloture failed by 5 votes with 13 Republicans voting against the bill.

In general, shutdowns are assumed to be the fault of the GOP by everybody because the Democrats are pro-government. Why would they shut the government down? That said, I wouldn't worry. Obviously the Democrats have no desire to be blamed for a shutdown this close to the election, so if it looks like it's going that way, they'll cave.

Is there interaction between the candidates at the town hall debate? like is it just a normal debate with audience questions? or more like the primary town halls?
Sometimes it works like selecting a jury. You want x amount of black women, y amount of elderly white men etc but presidential debates usually have tough standards. Still both campaigns will do everything they can to find a way to influence it. Even if it's not a plant, let's say your goal is to ensure the hall includes a black woman in her mid 30s who makes x amount a year and lives in an urban city. You can guess with certainty what her political leanings are, and depending on her profession you might believe she has a good chance of asking a question. To explain, if she's an accountant you might not expect her to want to ask a question. But if she's a teacher or theater actor or some other social profession? It's a go.

It could also be private invite base, handled by the network. So what happens if a campaign magically finds out who is on the list? What if someone on the list is approached by someone "involved" with the campaign? Not a surrogate but some oppo person or handler. That's how I started out in Chicago. Obviously Chicago standards for political campaign behavior are lower than national campaign behavior. But sometimes Chicago guys make it to DC.

I mean, I knew Trump was a misogynist and has said some truly vile things about nearly every walk of life but hearing this story last night, seeing her talk about it, and reading it all over again...just, it puts tears in my eyes.

My younger sister is my hero. She was born with a rare birth defect that required her to have dozens of surgeries on different parts of her face. As you can imagine, this was not an easy thing to live with for her as so much is heaped on young women about their looks. Extended family members didn't want to be left alone in public with her for fear of someone coming up and asking about her. She has grown to be a wonderful human being whose beauty and strength continue to inspire me.

I can't imagine what Trump's reaction to her would be. Like, I bet it would be something that would trigger me so much that I might mash him to dust with my fists. He is a truly disgusting person who has absolutely no empathy or respect for anyone. I have never loathed anyone more.

Apparently that spending bill is loaded with a bunch of conservative garbage, in addition to no funding to Flint at all, but funding for southern states' hurricanes, which is kind of super unfair to Flint.

It's a terrible bill and this is entirely the Republicans' fault for attaching so much junk to the bill, but ignoring an actual crisis going on.

Small anecdote - I work on a college campus and I've overheard several students speaking highly of Hillary today. Including one that said she was "spitting fire last night". Made my day considering at one point the campus was plastered with Sanders support with no Hillary support in sight.

SexyFish

Banned
Howard Dean on MSNBC suggesting Trump may have used cocaine due to his sniffling. Not saying definitely but putting it out there as odd.

LOL

Senate Republicans won't shut down the government. They know the political cost far too well. Spending bills passing the last hours or minutes is common. Have to show the base your unwillingness to compromise as long as possible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Trump refuses to appear at the Town Hall, does it mean Hillary just shows up on her own?

Howard Dean on MSNBC suggesting Trump may have used cocaine due to his sniffling. Not saying definitely but putting it out there as odd.

LOL

I seriously doubt that, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're feeding the dude Adderall or something.

Can terror organizations start focusing on Russia instead of us and France now?

CtXXDFJWEAA9B6W.jpg

Russia's plan is to murder civilians until the opposition surrenders, this is some horrible joke.

Technically, what the_donald did last night with online polls is very much against the rules, and any other subreddit would have been shut down for doing what they did.

But that's not happening. Regular redditors are actually pretty annoyed at how Reddit is looking the other way at all of the rule breaking the_donald is doing, as it's dragging the entire site down.

thefro

LOL

We shouldn't forget Howard Dean was a legit doctor (internal medicine) before he became Governor in Vermont.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm pretty stunned at that #TrumpWon hashtag map. That's frightening.

SexyFish

Banned
Technically, what the_donald did last night with online polls is very much against the rules, and any other subreddit would have been shut down for doing what they did.

But that's not happening. Regular redditors are actually pretty annoyed at how Reddit is looking the other way at all of the rule breaking the_donald is doing, as it's dragging the entire site down.

They need to keep the_donald open until election night. I need to see the meltdown.

I'm pretty stunned at that #TrumpWon hashtag map. That's frightening.

Not really. Russia is such a joke country at this point that they spend resources trying to get something to trend on Twitter which is now being used sarcastically.

Russia is the country equivalent of MRAs who try to start up #WhyImboycottingMadMax and get it to trend with 95% sarcastic, biting comments from feminists.

sazzy

Kukes spent over 20 years working with major Russian energy companies and had never given to a national political campaign before this cycle. Open Secrets revealed on Monday that Kukes has funneled over $150,000 to the Trump campaign and its fundraising committee, Trump Victory.

The money began to come in last March, when Kukes donated $2,700 directly to the campaign. Over the summer, he gave another $149,000 to Trump Victory and made separate contributions to the Republican National Committee, which is running much of Trump’s on-the-ground operations.

Kukes, an American citizens of Russian birth, moved to Russia in 1995 and took a job at the U.S. energy company Amoco oil. Over the next decade he worked for a number of major Russian energy companies: Yukos oil, Tyumen, and Samara-Nafta, which he founded. Back in 2000, when Kukes was the CEO of Yukus, the Clinton White House greenlit a $500 million loan from the U.S Export-Import bank to help Yukus buy equipment from Halliburton.
http://www.ibtimes.com/political-ca...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not really. Russia is such a joke country at this point that they spend resources trying to get something to trend on Twitter which is now being used sarcastically.

Russia is the country equivalent of MRAs who try to start up #WhyImboycottingMadMax and get it to trend with 95% sarcastic, biting comments from feminists.

Not as in physically frightening--just that a foreign government is blatantly trying to influence our election so much.

thefro

Totally makes sense that it's a Russian troll house considering when that crap starts trending in the morning.

Blame Bernie.

She's the one who did the lying, stuffed her pockets with wall street cash, played politics and supporting/not supporting whatever was popular at the time, and was actively involved with the 1994 crime bill that resulted in the mass incarceration of African Americans (again because this was a popular idea at the time). She alone is to blame not Bernie. In fact, wasn't he the one who didn't want to get into her scandals and focus on the issues that actually impacted the American people?

DOWN

Banned
I was getting emails from HillaryClinton.com, but they stopped a couple of weeks ago and then I started getting emails from something called EMILY's List but they were just the exact emails from HillaryClinton.com seemingly copied and sent out with the EMILY's List logo. I looked it up and I guess it's a big group that endorsed her, but how the heck did I stop getting emails from HillaryClinton.com and started getting them from this other site? I never unsubscribed from the official emails (which I had signed up for in the first place) and never signed up for the EMILY's List thing...

Paskil

I think I might watch the debate again tonight. That or play Dead Rising 2. I do plan on watching it again soon. Also, I really hopes he shows for the second debate because I intend to make debate threads great again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom