• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's the one who did the lying, stuffed her pockets with wall street cash, played politics and supporting/not supporting whatever was popular at the time, and was actively involved with the 1994 crime bill that resulted in the mass incarceration of African Americans (again because this was a popular idea at the time). She alone is to blame not Bernie. In fact, wasn't he the one who didn't want to get into her scandals and focus on the issues that actually impacted the American people?
Bernie voted in favor of the crime bill and ran on it in his Senate campaign. He also lobbied Vermont state legislators to kill gay marriage because he felt it would hurt Democrats at the polls and flip-flopped on gun control and immigration when he decided to run for president. And then actively lobbied superdelegates to override the will of the people when the people voted for his opponent.

omg so courageous and pure

Blader

She's the one who did the lying, stuffed her pockets with wall street cash, played politics and supporting/not supporting whatever was popular at the time, and was actively involved with the 1994 crime bill that resulted in the mass incarceration of African Americans (again because this was a popular idea at the time). She alone is to blame not Bernie. In fact, wasn't he the one who didn't want to get into her scandals and focus on the issues that actually impacted the American people?

No.

If anything, it was Hillary who didn't really dredge up any of Bernie's scandals...

I don't know:

CtYmIlyWYAEHNFT.jpg

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/03/donald-trump-women-comments-misogyny-jennifer-lopez

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bernie voted in favor of the crime bill and ran on it in his Senate campaign. He also lobbied Vermont state legislators to kill gay marriage because he felt it would hurt Democrats at the polls and flip-flopped on gun control and immigration when he decided to run for president. And then actively lobbied superdelegates to override the will of the people when the people voted for his opponent.

He also put nuclear waste from Vermont in a small, poor, majority Hispanic town in southern Texas against their will. Don't forget that.

Wilsongt

tumblr_m7zp39H4hd1qlvwnco1_400.gif

;)

I remember telling a friend that Bernie lobbied against the same-sex marriage bill and the person argued that it was okay because everyone plays politics

Boke1879

Y'all stop dredging up and getting into Ticky tack arguments over Bernie and Hillary.

Fact is she won and Bernie endorsed and is stumping for her.

Stop wasting your time with people that want to beat on dead horses about shit that quite frankly doesn't matter.

Wilsongt

Y'all stop dredging up and getting into Ticky tack arguments over Bernie and Hillary.

Fact is she won and Bernie endorsed and is stumping for her.

Stop wasting your time with people that want to beat on dead horses about shit that quite frankly doesn't matter.

So, we to go back to talking about Benghazi and emails, then?

I remember telling a friend that Bernie lobbied against the same-sex marriage bill and the person argued that it was okay because everyone plays politics
"It's ok to play politics unless I hate you in which case fuck you, you evil bitch"

Friend of mine defended Bernie supporting the crime bill because he wasn't supporting the bad parts, just the good parts. Oh, well that's fine then.

I just... how do you even? This guy would get a phone call from emergency personnel, "Sir, your wife has been in a terrible accident..." "Are her tits OK?" The lack of empathy on display for someone he is MARRIED to... I cannot fathom the mindset that would produce someone who seems utterly devoid of compassion. What a greedy, narcissistic, sociopathic buffoon.

Ross hits Burr on trade.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article104434031.html

Blaming Republican Sen. Richard Burr for contributing to the loss of thousands of North Carolina jobs “that used to be the lifeblood of our state,” his Democratic challenger called Tuesday for doubling federal spending on retraining displaced workers and other measures to offset the effects of globalization.

Former state Rep. Deborah Ross said the two-term Republican senator has repeatedly voted for trade deals and tax breaks that contributed to the out-sourcing of jobs.

“As your Senator, I will fight to end trade policies that put corporate special interests above the interests of North Carolina workers and families,” she said.

Ross has previously declared her opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a proposed trade deal with Asian rim nations that is supported by President Barack Obama, but opposed by Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Ross said that Burr not only has backed trade deals that helped American companies move factories abroad, but he also supported shrinking available funds for retraining impacted workers so they could find new employment.

She said that Burr:

▪ Voted five times to protect tax breaks for corporations that moved plants and jobs overseas, “and accepted significant campaign contributions from the very companies that shipped jobs away.”

▪ Supported nine different trade agreements that hurt North Carolina workers.

▪ Voted against extending Trade Adjustment Assistance benefits, which helps retrain workers who lose their jobs due to outsourcing.”

▪ Supported a measure that would have repealed the Trade Adjustment Assistance program and rolled it into a block grant.

“He also voted to eliminate a program that provided North Carolina more than $60 million for education and job training for workers whose jobs had been displaced,” Ross said.

“In addition to rewriting the rules of trade, we must prepare every single worker with the skills they need to succeed in the global economy,” Ross said. “We need more good-paying jobs that are enough to support a family, put food on the table, help kids pay for college and (help workers) save for a secure retirement.”

Ross said she wants to double the funding for worker retraining over the next decade, would push to allow college students to refinance their federally backed loans at lower rates and wants the government to provide two free years of community college for students with good grades.

Bernie needs to stump with her in Appalachia ASAP.

Fuchsdh

You know, I feel like the US should be able to draw the line at this sort of behavior. I know, everyone spies, everyone hacks, but watching Russia try to transparently win the election for a candidate should make it really clear why interfering with democratic elections in foreign countries should be a bright line and we should never step across it again.

Valhelm

contribute something
When the Ukraine conflict was in full swing, this was such an obvious problem. Even on Gaf we'd have juniors who would literally only post in the one Ukraine thread to cheerlead Russia and spread weird RT sourced conspiracy theories.

4chan and Reddit are chock-full of Putin fans, although I bet many or most are sincere.

You know, I feel like the US should be able to draw the line at this sort of behavior. I know, everyone spies, everyone hacks, but watching Russia try to transparently win the election for a candidate should make it really clear why interfering with democratic elections in foreign countries should be a bright line and we should never step across it again.

I don't think the US is necessarily innocent in meddling with other country's democracies.

Although, what Russia is doing is a lot more blatant and on an entirely different level than the stuff the US has done.

Boke1879

Is The Donald campaigning today? I would think his team would desperately be trying to grab hold of the news cycle.

I read over the weekend that the media hadn't heard of any planned trips from Trump this week.

This is a strong time for Hillary. She's riding that debate high and she's in key states every day this week. Her surrogates will be stumping for and with her and then you have Obama jumping back into the arena next month. Her GOTV and ground game I assume will kick it into overdrive here soon.

This is the last push and right now she's riding a wave.

Blader

I feel like it was pretty telling last night when Hillary said Russian hackers were responsible for the DNC hack, that Trump immediately tried to deflect the blame to China or 400lb homebodies. I feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity on her part to draw out why he was so quick to keep Russia from looking like the one and only culprit.

Ok this is not bedwetting but just frustration. I was internally screaming last night when Cooper spent 15 minutes discussing with his election night panel talking about Sid Blumenthal, Pati Solis Doyle and Obama birther connection. This is the literal definition of stuck at woods for the forest. The forest, or the forest fire if you will, is Donald yammering about Obama's birthplace for 5 years, most recently just a few months ago. But we are stuck discussing about an internal campaign memo that was shotted as soon as it was brought up, and the person being fired for bringing it up. A clear open and shut story.

I hope it was just to clear up any confusion and we dont dwell on it further. But since Jeffrey Lord will be on, I highly doubt it will be put to rest.

Revolver

Heh, Jake Tapper throwing shade at Fox News sarcastically calling Fox and Friends the Algonquin Round Table and Trump jumped on the Miss Universe bait like a school of starving trout.

Lmo911

I feel like it was pretty telling last night when Hillary said Russian hackers were responsible for the DNC hack, that Trump immediately tried to deflect the blame to China or 400lb homebodies. I feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity on her part to draw out why he was so quick to keep Russia from looking like the one and only culprit.

Or the fact he started babbling about what the hackers found and how poorly Bernie was treated instead of discussing the threat of said hackers.

DOWN

Banned
Ok this is not bedwetting but just frustration. I was internally screaming last night when Cooper spent 15 minutes discussing with his election night panel talking about Sid Blumenthal, Pati Solis Doyle and Obama birther connection. This is the literal definition of stuck at woods for the forest. The forest, or the forest fire if you will, is Donald yammering about Obama's birthplace for 5 years, most recently just a few months ago. But we are stuck discussing about an internal campaign memo that was shotted as soon as it was brought up, and the person being fired for bringing it up. A clear open and shut story.

I hope it was just to clear up any confusion and we dont dwell on it further. But since Jeffrey Lord will be on, I highly doubt it will be put to rest.
Fact checks ruffle Trump's feathers. He does terrible when fact checked and Hillary knows it so she name dropped her website at the beginning and CNN happened to be the network Trump said Pattie Doyle confessed on. Cooper happened have Patti Doyle present at the table to shut that claim down and CNN rolled the clip of her on Wolf's show saying exactly what she said on the panel and not at all what Trump was claiming perpetuated the birther movement.

Why did Clinton call Trump out for saying, "a woman will make as much as a man if she does as good a job"? I may be being naive and interpreting that differently, but I think that's a fair statement.

Revolver

Fact checks ruffle Trump's feathers. He does terrible when fact checked and Hillary knows it so she name dropped her website at the beginning and CNN happened to be the network Trump said Pattie Doyle confessed on. Cooper happened have Patti Doyle present at the table to shut that claim down and CNN rolled the clip of her on Wolf's show saying exactly what she said on the panel and not at all what Trump was claiming perpetuated the birther movement.

Yeah and then Trump lied about having a live fact checker on his website. He just can't open his mouth without lying.

Geg

Why did Clinton call Trump out for saying, "a woman will make as much as a man if she does as good a job"? I may be being naive and interpreting that differently, but I think that's a fair statement.

I didn't see the context but my guess is the implication Trump was making isn't that women should earn equal pay for equal work, but rather that because women aren't making as much as men it's because they aren't doing as good a job.

Trump claimed that his lawyers were in charge of his making sure the money being sent to the Trump Foundation was filled properly with correct tax stuff.

But Trump hasn't paid any lawyers for Trump Foundation stuff:

Just looked at tax records: btw '90 and '14, @realDonaldTrump's Foundation spent a *total* of $211 on legal fees. Works out to $8.44/yr.

There are a few possibilities here, but that Trump is guilty of a massive amount of tax evasion is creeping up as more and more likely.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/780797615059394560

Hopfrog

I didn't see the context but my guess is the implication Trump was making isn't that women should earn equal pay for equal work, but rather that because women aren't making as much as men it's because they aren't doing as good a job.

That is how I saw it too. Similar to his comments about not paying contractors if their work does not meet his satisfaction. Not his fault for not paying them, it is their fault for not being better at their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom