• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Trump claimed that his lawyers were in charge of his making sure the money being sent to the Trump Foundation was filled properly with correct tax stuff.

But Trump hasn't paid any lawyers for Trump Foundation stuff:

There are a few possibilities here, but that Trump is guilty of a massive amount of tax evasion is creeping up as more and more likely.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/780797615059394560

He pretty much admitted he didn't pay taxes.

See? This man is why presidents and hell even senators and shit release their tax returns. To avoid all this shit. It's definitely a failing the media hasn't hammered home on this.

Teggy

Why did Clinton call Trump out for saying, "a woman will make as much as a man if she does as good a job"? I may be being naive and interpreting that differently, but I think that's a fair statement.

I assume the implication being that women currently make less than men because they don't do as good a job.

Trump claimed that his lawyers were in charge of his making sure the money being sent to the Trump Foundation was filled properly with correct tax stuff.

There are a few possibilities here, but that Trump is guilty of a massive amount of tax evasion is creeping up as more and more likely.

This by itself isn't too strange since lawyers sometimes work for free when doing charitable work. But this along with everything else Fahrenthold has been digging up puts me firmly in the "something is going on" camp.

They need to get rid of this cocaine thing immediately. It's really stupid.

Agreed. If anything it opens the door to people being sympathetic towards Trump since he's known to not do any drugs/drink due to his brother's death.

DOWN

Banned
I assume the implication being that women currently make less than men because they don't do as good a job.

That is how I saw it too. Similar to his comments about not paying contractors if their work does not meet his satisfaction. Not his fault for not paying them, it is their fault for not being better at their jobs.

I didn't see the context but my guess is the implication Trump was making isn't that women should earn equal pay for equal work, but rather that because women aren't making as much as men it's because they aren't doing as good a job.

Why did Clinton call Trump out for saying, "a woman will make as much as a man if she does as good a job"? I may be being naive and interpreting that differently, but I think that's a fair statement.
Yeah that makes sense. They'll get paid equal only when they start doing equal jobs.

Zaid Jilani and other members of The Intercept are up in arms over Doctor Howard Dean saying Trump is a coke head and that's true that Dean is doing a dumb thing.

The Intercept and Zaid Jilani have frequently praised Dr. Rand Paul who said four (4) days ago that Hillary might have Parkinson's and He's Just Asking Questions.

They did not cover those statement from Dr. Rand Paul who is a much more important figure than Dean.

But yes, Dean is dumb.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Zaid Jilani and other members of The Intercept are up in arms over Doctor Howard Dean saying Trump is a coke head and that's true that Dean is doing a dumb thing.

The Intercept and Zaid Jilani have frequently praised Dr. Rand Paul who said four (4) days ago that Hillary might have Parkinson's and He's Just Asking Questions.

They did not cover those statement from Dr. Rand Paul who is a much more important figure than Dean.

What did you expect from that trash website anyway? ;)

HylianTom

Banned
Trump rally tonight in Orlando, Florida at 7pm.. which version of Trump will we get? I'm pretty excited to see.

And Obama's CNN town hall is tomorrow night at 9pm.

This is what I've been saying ever since I heard Trump claim his foundation had 'zero' management costs. It's a HUGE red flag if you literally aren't paying anybody whose job it is to manage the foundation, and has commensurate experience.

Boke1879

Trump rally tonight in Orlando, Florida at 7pm.. which version of Trump will we get? I'm pretty excited to see.

I can only imagine he'll talk about the debate. How he won, Hillary lying, mic broke. Shit he may even talk his shit about Bill there.

Also pretty busy day tomorrow for Dems. Hillary and Bernie together, Michelle tomorrow as well and then Obama's Town Hall. Damn.

HylianTom

Banned
These MSNBC segments with {adjective redacted} undecided voters make me angrier than anything else on political TV. How do these folks function?

I doubt it's true. Not that I'm too worried about this, but Dean should apologize.
I guess it was poorly executed on Dean's part, but he was clearly making a tongue & cheek reference to Trump's style of insinuations.

edit: Dean's Tweet is almost exactly my own personal style of veiled insult/provocative poke, the likes of which have been misunderstood and gotten me banned here a few too many times, so I sympathize with Dean here and kind of cringe when I see you guys demanding an apology.

Agreed 100%. Idiotic statement.
edit 2: or you guys can just ignore this post and keep outraging lol

Geg

These MSNBC segments with {adjective redacted} undecided voters make me angrier than anything else on political TV. How do these folks function?

Today listening to NPR they had someone talking to undecided voters in North Carolina and one person said "I think Trump did best at what he usually does best, which is talking about issues that no one else wants to talk about like Hillary's emails."

Teggy

I can only imagine he'll talk about the debate. How he won, Hillary lying, mic broke. Shit he may even talk his shit about Bill there.

Yeah, they covered the start of his event earlier today and the first thing out of his mouth was that he won all the polls (except CNN, which nobody watches) and that it was big league big league.

Hopfrog

Truth. Would venture to say that this may be one of the easier elections in living memory for voters to make a decision. Each of the four candidates can be clearly delineated from one another. It is not as if we have a Jack Johnson v. John Jackson situation here. You should be able to figure out fairly easily if you are a Clinton, Trump, Johnson, or Stein person.

Who the hell is actually undecided still? I would venture to say VERY few. These are just people without the conviction to actually admit who their choice is.

Boke1879

At this stage if anyone is "undecided" they are either shy voters or want to feel more important than they really are.

Like at this point I find it hard to believe they don't know who they want to vote for. I'd understand if they were wrestling with the idea of voting.

But I can't imagine they are having an internal struggle to vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Fucking Trump lol.

Hopfrog

Today listening to NPR they had someone talking to undecided voters in North Carolina and one person said "I think Trump did best at what he usually does best, which is talking about issues that no one else wants to talk about like Hillary's emails."

Saying that Hillary's emails have not been brought up enough during this election is like saying that slavery wasn't talked about enough in the lead-up to the election of 1860.

This is what I've been saying ever since I heard Trump claim his foundation had 'zero' management costs. It's a HUGE red flag if you literally aren't paying anybody whose job it is to manage the foundation, and has commensurate experience.

Can you imagine if the climax of this election cycle is Trump getting exposed for committing Al Capone levels of tax evasion?

Jesus, I just chubbed up a little.

Kusagari

The North Carolina senate race is actually sort of insane right now. Almost zero consensus.

CtYsq3CXgAEW4it.jpg:large

Ross + 9 from Gravis?

The hell?

Okamid3n

Just checked the Trump subreddit and every other post is blaming Lester Holt for Trump's performance.

And that's why I think Lester Holt did an amazing job, regardless of what people seem to think. If he intervened more or interrupted Trump more, it'd have devolved into a pointless fight with Trump and him (because Trump would never, ever stop) and it'd have stolen the spotlight from Hilary. Plus, it'd have made it look like he was taking sides. I think Lester did what was needed.

And Obama's CNN town hall is tomorrow night at 9pm.

This Hillary. She's so crooked. She just went up there and lied and lied. She was disrespectful to me. She was disrespectful to our President. Though maybe she should be, he's done a terrible job on everything. ISIS. Especially ISIS. Terrible job. Just Terrible. And our jobs. And inner cities. Hillary has nothing inner cities. They're warzones people. we're in a third world country and hillary has been driving that for 30 years. And she just lied up there. In front of millions. I hear 100 million. most watched debate, right? Most watched ever. Because of me. Never before seen. I'm making so much money for this media and the media is so corrupt folks. The most corrupt it's ever been. The polls have been great but the media says she won. She won the lying, that's it. The polls have been great for us. I made them so much money last night. So much money. That's fine. I have enough money. And so there's hillary up there just lying. And she didn't look presidential, believe me. she didn't, ok! She could have but didn't. Doesn't have the temperament and she showed it. I have such good temperament, her not so much. And she kept lying and the polls showed I won. So many polls folks. We're going to win. We're going to make America great again. It's gonna happen. We're making America Great again!

HylianTom

Banned
And that's why I think Lester Holt did an amazing job, regardless of what people seem to think. If he intervened more or interrupted Trump more, it'd have devolved into a pointless fight with Trump and him and it'd have stolen the light from Hilary. Plus, it'd have made it look like he was taking sides. I think Lester did what was needed.

My expectations for moderation were pretty uncertain. I tend to have low faith in the media getting things right - especially during this cycle - but he asked a few decent, pointed questions of Trump, which makes me wonder if Holt was influenced by the Lauer backlash. So I came away pretty pleased.

She's the one who did the lying, stuffed her pockets with wall street cash, played politics and supporting/not supporting whatever was popular at the time, and was actively involved with the 1994 crime bill that resulted in the mass incarceration of African Americans (again because this was a popular idea at the time). She alone is to blame not Bernie. In fact, wasn't he the one who didn't want to get into her scandals and focus on the issues that actually impacted the American people?

First elections can be rough, it will be ok...

Can you imagine if the climax of this election cycle is Trump getting exposed for committing Al Capone levels of tax evasion?

Jesus, I just chubbed up a little.

I've been imagining it. But the wheels of justice are slow, nothing will happen this year.

I suppose we could get a smoking gun tho.

Regarding Holt:

I think he did fine. He wasn't great but he was not bad. More than passable, honestly.

He asked very good questions, overall, within the time frame. he followed up when there needed to be follow up (basically, Trump ignoring the question) and pressed him on Iraq (which had to be done.

A few times, I thought, Trump railroaded him (by this I mean talk over him and Holt acquiesced). And while he tried to get Trump to answer the birther question, even repeating the question, he did not finish it once and for all since Trump still ignored the question (what changed your mind?).

He let Hillary do most of the responses to him and he tried his best to keep things under 2 minutes but I like that he didn't really have a hard and fast rule regarding time and did let the candidates respond.

One complaint I do have is how in the world did immigration not come up? Like, it's Trump's biggest campaign issue. I understand there's not enough time for everything but this is likely the most watched debate and trump's stances on immigration are the biggest aspect of this entire campaign (outside of him)! It should have been brought up.

The immigration question not being brought up is what makes Holt's performance not great, IMO. But again, he did well and deserves another one in the future.

Boke1879

Regarding Holt:

I think he did fine. He wasn't great but he was not bad. More than passable, honestly.

He asked very good questions, overall, within the time frame. he followed up when there needed to be follow up (basically, Trump ignoring the question) and pressed him on Iraq (which had to be done.

A few times, I thought, Trump railroaded him (by this I mean talk over him and Holt acquiesced). And while he tried to get Trump to answer the birther question, even repeating the question, he did not finish it once and for all since Trump still ignored the question (what changed your mind?).

He let Hillary do most of the responses to him and he tried his best to keep things under 2 minutes but I like that he didn't really have a hard and fast rule regarding time and did let the candidates respond.

One complaint I do have is how in the world did immigration not come up? Like, it's Trump's biggest campaign issue. I understand there's not enough time for everything but this is likely the most watched debate and trump's stances on immigration are the biggest aspect of this entire campaign (outside of him)! It should have been brought up.

The immigration question not being brought up is what makes Holt's performance not great, IMO. But again, he did well and deserves another one in the future.

While not as many eyes will be on it the Town Hall debate is where I see the immigration issue being brought up.

Teggy

Last night Marcia Blackburn said that she believes the earth is on a cooling trend.

Climate change is really the thing I feel Republicans have just gone completely mental over so they can say they don't agree with Democrats. It makes Obama Derangement Syndrome look normal.

While not as many eyes will be on it the Town Hall debate is where I see the immigration issue being brought up.

Oh, there's no doubt it will be. I can't imagine it not. But it was still a mistake to not happen in debate #1.

For debate #2, I'm hoping we see questions on immigration, the disabled, sexism, more anything regarding nukes, climate change, and abortion.

And I hope Hillary brings up, whether direct or indirect, the Khan's and McCain.

I really think any and every time nukes are brought up is a bad moment for Trump. His positions on nukes is so obviously stupid, it IMO, is the one thing above everything else, other than ridiculing people like the Khan's or the disabled, that sinks him.

edit: Also anything related to Russia would be a good thing to ask.

SexyFish

Banned
Last night Marcia Blackburn said that she believes the earth is on a cooling trend.

Climate change is really the thing I feel Republicans have just gone completely mental over so they can say they don't agree with Democrats. It makes Obama Derangement Syndrome look normal.

God I hate that she represents Tennessee. I wish we weren't guaranteed for Trump.

sphagnum

Banned

But yes, Dean is dumb.

Your jimmies get rustled by weird things.

BiggNife

PPP is polling Rosie's favorables vs. Trump's.

So Trump is going to have a meltdown on Thursday if Rosie gets higher numbers (she will).

More likely he'll just say the poll was rigged.

tbh I've never really hated Rosie O Donnell, I watched her show when I was a kid

I remember a lot of people siding with trump when that whole thing on the view happened and I was kind of baffled because even then I thought trump was an enormous unlikable asshole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom