• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
PPP is polling Rosie's favorables vs. Trump's.

So Trump is going to have a meltdown on Thursday if Rosie gets higher numbers (she will).

Hillary truly figured out how to get under Trump's skin in a bad way for him. Rubio tried to attack his penis and Cruz his "new york values" and Jeb/others for his scams but Hillary understood what to do.

It all started when Hillary mentioned his Trump's dad's money gifts. This pissed him off because Hillary, in front of millions, basically said he owed all his good fortune to the silver spoon put in his mouth by daddy while she grew up a middle class life. Then of course the point by point on taxes (not worth as much as he claims)

Trump doesn't care that he scammed people or something you can't prove (penis) as much as you accusing him of not being rich or not being self made.

So, I've said this before, I think local news is how you best determine how people are going to perceive election stuff. Local news here (Cleveland market) obviously covered it. They covered the CNN poll, said the consensus was Hillary won, and even went out of their way to tell people that online polls are bullshit because you can vote multiple times.

BUT

They coined the phrase "Trumptusinteruptus" and did an entire segment on the number of times Trump interrupted Hillary. They showed clips of it that made Trump look like a dick. They then went and interviewed professional women who basically said "Ya. We're used to this because men do this to us all the time. And every time Trump did it, it was a reminder of every time a man does this." :)

BiggNife

What has Rosie even been up to these days? Haven't really heard about her in like a decade.

She tried to do a talk show on the Oprah channel that failed pretty spectacularly iirc. Wikipedia tells me she also briefly came back to the View but left for "personal reasons" and has since laid low.

Honestly I have to imagine she made enough money in the 90s that she doesn't really need to work if she doesn't want to.

Atilac

I doubt it's true. Not that I'm too worried about this, but Dean should apologize.
Ya Dean should apologize, fuck having a little fun at donalds expense, mirroring the hysterical way they question Hillary's health. I'm getting real tired of this cowardice and self-defeating attitudes exhibited by a large number of liberals. Let this thing petter out on it's own, have fun as it runs its course.

Reports from the field:

I was walking around my construction site and overheard one painter explaining to another that he thought he heard Trump was "5 votes ahead before the debate" but that he did really badly in the debate and "now we are going to be stuck with our first women president".

So, I've said this before, I think local news is how you best determine how people are going to perceive election stuff. Local news here (Cleveland market) obviously covered it. They covered the CNN poll, said the consensus was Hillary won, and even went out of their way to tell people that online polls are bullshit because you can vote multiple times.

BUT

They coined the phrase "Trumptusinteruptus" and did an entire segment on the number of times Trump interrupted Hillary. They showed clips of it that made Trump look like a dick. They then went and interviewed professional women who basically said "Ya. We're used to this because men do this to us all the time. And every time Trump did it, it was a reminder of every time a man does this." :)

Definitely agree. I flipped through numerous Los Angeles local news last night and it was pretty bad for him.

But LA doesn't matter. And 10pm news wasn't around in the east coast (11pm probably).

I'd imagine it was bad everywhere.

One thing I find weird that hasn't been mentioned is that Trump seems fascinated by being audited. He almost wears being audited every year as a good thing.

But... being audited every year is a terrible thing and it means you are very bad at doing your taxes

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't see the context but my guess is the implication Trump was making isn't that women should earn equal pay for equal work, but rather that because women aren't making as much as men it's because they aren't doing as good a job.

For context, this is where Trump said the thing Hillary was quoting:

Audience Member:
I want to get paid the same as a man, and I think you understand that, So if you become president will a woman make the same as a man and will I get to choose what I do with my body?

Trump:
You’re gonna make the same if you do as good a job, and I happen to be pro-life. OK? I’m pro-life.

He also said this about the topic:

Trump:
When it comes to categorizing people, men and women into a group, it gets to be very dangerous

When you have to categorize men and women into a particular group and a particular pay scale, it gets very — because people do different jobs.

It’s very hard to say what is the same job, it’s a very, very tricky question. And I talked about competition with other places and other parts of the world, Mika. This is one of the things we have to look at very strongly.

He is better at weaseling around this issue more than others, but it's still pretty clear he's not for equal pay for equal work in the way Hillary is.

BiggNife

I'm just glad this place is back to hopium again. The atmosphere in here this last month has been depressing.

I mean, to be fair, the polls in the past month were pretty depressing. It was kind of alarming how quickly her lead dropped because of pneumonia, of all things, in addition to a single unwise comment (the deplorables thing).

If Trump won the debate then you'd see more bedwetting then a room full of infants.

Holt did fine. He let Trump hang himself. Should he have asked a question about some of Hillary's issues, to cover his ass? Yea probably (Clinton Foundation for instance). But he did his job.

CtY8GCeUEAAzZ8O.jpg

There's no way for Hillary to bring up goldman-sachs without opening herself to attacks but this is hilarious.

This Hillary. She's so crooked. She just went up there and lied and lied. She was disrespectful to me. She was disrespectful to our President. Though maybe she should be, he's done a terrible job on everything. ISIS. Especially ISIS. Terrible job. Just Terrible. And our jobs. And inner cities. Hillary has nothing inner cities. They're warzones people. we're in a third world country and hillary has been driving that for 30 years. And she just lied up there. In front of millions. I hear 100 million. most watched debate, right? Most watched ever. Because of me. Never before seen. I'm making so much money for this media and the media is so corrupt folks. The most corrupt it's ever been. The polls have been great but the media says she won. She won the lying, that's it. The polls have been great for us. I made them so much money last night. So much money. That's fine. I have enough money. And so there's hillary up there just lying. And she didn't look presidential, believe me. she didn't, ok! She could have but didn't. Doesn't have the temperament and she showed it. I have such good temperament, her not so much. And she kept lying and the polls showed I won. So many polls folks. We're going to win. We're going to make America great again. It's gonna happen. We're making America Great again!
You can't fool me.

Despite the meandering and clever use of wrong grammar, I was able to follow that block of text. Trump didn't say that!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Watching this segment on MTP daily, I've come to the conclusion that undecided voters are dumbasses.

studyguy

Good news everyone, my staunchly republican family isn't voting any longer after that debate. Then again I don't actually have staunchly republican family anyway so keep the airhorns going. Today has been great.

Watching this segment on MTP daily, I've come to the conclusion that undecided voters are dumbasses.

The post CNN undecided bit was super confusing.
Like how was 90 minutes of that not enough information for your ass to come to a conclusion.

You can't fool me.

Despite the meandering and clever use of wrong grammar, I was able to follow that block of text. Trump didn't say that!

you can follow Trump when he's just rambling about something that's not policy!

It's when he's asked something specific that it's just words picked out of a hat.

I'm seriously thinking about being Trump for Halloween and just speaking like this all night long. I wonder if eventually someone will punch me.

One thing I find weird that hasn't been mentioned is that Trump seems fascinated by being audited. He almost wears being audited every year as a good thing.

But... being audited every year is a terrible thing and it means you are very bad at doing your taxes

I was thinking of this as well.

"I get audited every year."

Well that's something to be proud of.

i have a ton of staunchly republican family in louisiana and they're pretty much universally not voting trump (and especially not as of last night)

wonder how widespread that is

BUT

This was a huge thing for my wife (and to an extent, me as a feminist). It was like a cartoon exaggeration of the issue. Trump is completely unself aware on his sexism.

Tendo

Good news everyone, my staunchly republican family isn't voting any longer after that debate. Then again I don't actually have staunchly republican family anyway so keep the airhorns going. Today has been great.

The post CNN undecided bit was super confusing.
Like how was 90 minutes of that not enough information for your ass to come to a conclusion.

I couldn't believe the Bernie girl saying she still swayed trump. Like, your guy didn't win so you vote the total opposite? Even after Hillary adopted his platform and has opposed TPP for months?

And the one woman said what would Hillary do for single mothers...After Hillary detailed what she would do for families with children including paid family leave, affordable child care etc. Were you even conscious?

At this point I'm unconvinced undecideds know how to put on pants themselves.

Joeytj

Banned
Reports from the field:

I was walking around my construction site and overheard one painter explaining to another that he thought he heard Trump was "5 votes ahead before the debate" but that he did really badly in the debate and "now we are going to be stuck with our first women president".

Wow, "5 votes ahead", that's a lot!

you can follow Trump when he's just rambling about something that's not policy!

It's when he's asked something specific that it's just words picked out of a hat.

I'm seriously thinking about being Trump for Halloween and just speaking like this all night long. I wonder if eventually someone will punch me.

I don't know, you didn't seem to...and they say what they will, but whatever. I can take it, I can take. Chaaayyna.

See what I did there? :p You used a lot of sentence fragments, but it was still coherent. Trump often seems to go off in a completely different tangent, mid sentence.

Boke1879

I couldn't believe the Bernie girl saying she still swayed trump. Like, your guy didn't win so you vote the total opposite? Even after Hillary adopted his platform and has opposed TPP for months?

And the one woman said what would Hillary do for single mothers...After Hillary detailed what she would do for families with children including paid family leave, affordable child care etc. Were you even conscious?

At this point I'm unconvinced undecideds know how to put on pants themselves.

I'm telling you. There is no way they are having an internal conflict on who to vote for. There is such a clear difference.

I have a feeling many of these people sway back to Hillary the closer we get.

Tendo

I'm telling you. There is no way they are having an internal conflict on who to vote for. There is such a clear difference.

I have a feeling many of these people sway back to Hillary the closer we get.

I sure hope so man. Because I can't imagine Trumpers being swayed by the beating he took last night.

Omiee

Technically, what the_donald did last night with online polls is very much against the rules, and any other subreddit would have been shut down for doing what they did.

But that's not happening. Regular redditors are actually pretty annoyed at how Reddit is looking the other way at all of the rule breaking the_donald is doing, as it's dragging the entire site down.

What did they do?

I don't know, you didn't seem to...and they say what they will, but whatever. I can take it, I can take. Chaaayyna.

See what I did there? :p You used a lot of sentence fragments, but it was still coherent. Trump often seems to go off in a completely different tangent, mid sentence.

In my defense, I'm not a know-nothing sociopath.

Debirudog

Y'all should be grateful that Holt did not touch the foundation stuff, thank god. I expect Anderson and Wallace to be tougher on Clinton.

Because these kinds of Bernie "supporters" never supported Bernie. They supported Not Hillary. There is no other explanation why you would "sway" Trump when Bernie himself is saying how important it is that they don't elect him.

Same goes for Bernie "supporters" that are voting Johnson. Those candidates have zero in common besides their gender and skin color.

I was saying for a while that there was no way Trump could do a good job in a GE debate, but he somehow managed to go below my expectations.

I've said this multiple times in the main debate thread but I'm still shocked he actually bragged about tax evasion right on stage.

Boke1879

I sure hope so man. Because I can't imagine Trumpers being swayed by the beating he took last night.

Hopefully if anything the debates depress turnout among republicans who are just turned off by all of this.

Overall I hope this boosts her numbers with college educated white women. And remember at this point he's still losing. He's the one who has to change trajectory and I don't see how last night helped him at all.

Hillary is being very smart with her campaign stops this week and she still has an amazing ground game that is focused on driving turnout.

studyguy

What did they do?

Brigade online polls around the net.
Reddit is too chickenshit to risk pulling the trigger on the racist subreddits though since they know they'll turn around and slap the front page en masse and make it look bad for a few days till they get bored.

Really depressing.

Brigade online polls around the net.
Reddit is too chickenshit to risk pulling the trigger on the racist subreddits though since they know they'll turn around and slap the front page en masse and make it look bad for a few days till they get bored.

Really depressing.
Brigading is banned on subreddits. But I dont think they care if people brigade other places.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Because these kinds of Bernie "supporters" never supported Bernie. They supported Not Hillary. There is no other explanation why you would "sway" Trump when Bernie himself is saying how important it is that they don't elect him.

Same goes for Bernie "supporters" that are voting Johnson. Those candidates have zero in common besides their gender and skin color.
Yep. Reminds me of Hillaryis44.com. Now it's a hardcore Trump site. Which just proves that it was just a bunch of racists all along.

tbm24

Generally speaking I find these kinds of people to have no actual interest in governance. They never want to actually talk about it.

Zackat

Technically, what the_donald did last night with online polls is very much against the rules, and any other subreddit would have been shut down for doing what they did.

But that's not happening. Regular redditors are actually pretty annoyed at how Reddit is looking the other way at all of the rule breaking the_donald is doing, as it's dragging the entire site down.
I stopped going on Reddit almost completely. Even the video game subreddits. It is a terrible website now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom