• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Banned
It's broken on two fronts in this case.

How is the assertion that good in business will translate to good in public life? Trump isn't even a good businessman by any definition.

His business is literally pretending to be a businessman and selling that image, with a bit (or a lot) of cheating and legal loopholes along the way.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So here's something I've been pondering: If Trump doesn't want to be the world police and wants us to be isolationists, then what the fuck do you need to expand the military for?

the coordinated attack continues, this time in the failing sad NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/politics/alicia-machado-donald-trump.html

For 20 years, Alicia Machado has lived with the agony of what Donald J. Trump did to her after she won the Miss Universe title: shame her, over and over, for gaining weight.

Private scolding was apparently insufficient. Mr. Trump, who was an executive producer of the pageant, insisted on accompanying Ms. Machado, then a teenager, to a gym, where dozens of reporters and cameramen watched as she exercised.

Mr. Trump, in his trademark suit and tie, posed for photographs beside her as she burned calories in front of members of the news media. “This is somebody who likes to eat,” Mr. Trump said from inside the gym.

On Monday night, Hillary Clinton turned Ms. Machado’s pain into a potent political weapon on the biggest stage.

In the process, Ms. Clinton, the first female presidential nominee of a major party, elevated a largely forgotten tale of Mr. Trump, when his oversight of beauty pageants collided with his unforgiving fixation with female beauty.

“I was sick — anorexia and bulimia for five years,” she said in an interview with The New York Times in May. “I was 18. My personality wasn’t created yet. I was just a girl.”

Mr. Trump has acknowledged pressuring her to lose weight, saying it was her job as Miss Universe to remain in peak physical shape. On Tuesday morning, he made no apologies for that.

“She gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem,” he told Fox News.

Joeytj

Banned
Again, I can't believe Trump is really, REALLY believing these online polls. If he goes into the second debate, a town hall style one, thinking he just needs to repeat his first debate performance, he's toast.

I can't believe also that everything that leaked about Trump's lack of preparation was true. Lol, and Nate Silver thought the campaign was being masterfully "crafty" with those leaks.

Toxi

Banned
Again, I can't believe Trump is really, REALLY believing these online polls. If he goes into the second debate, a town hall style one, thinking he just needs to repeat his first debate performance, he's toast.

I can't believe also that everything that leaked about Trump's lack of preparation was true. Lol, and Nate Silver thought the campaign was being masterfully "crafty" with those leaks.
I'd say Trump saying he won is just bluster to appease the base, but then I remembered that he tried to wing a Presidential debate.

Revolver

He doesn't have anything else to cling to. His faith in online polls is kind of sad. If they mattered we'd be inaugurating President Bieber next year.

Joeytj

Banned
I'd say Trump saying he won is just bluster to appease the base, but then I remembered that he tried to wing a Presidential debate.

We all keep expecting him to suddenly transform into a generic Republican, we WANT him to be sane, we can't believe this guy is truly running for president and really this crazy.

But, what we see is what we'll get. The Clinton campaign knows this.

Oh, by the way, Trump's Georgia campaign director has resigned because of criminal charges against him from a 2008 arrest.

He.

BriGuy

Maybe if he repeats he won enough, it will come true? I'm sure the major media outlets will help sell it if it begins gaining traction.

Is anyone listening to CNN right now? Holy shit Peter whatever is so frustrating. It was like 'Do you think Trump admitted he didn't pay his taxes?' 'Well, I don't know but when you've got the clinton foundation (and you can fill in the rest of the bullshit)'.

Is anyone listening to CNN right now? Holy shit Peter whatever is so frustrating. It was like 'Do you think Trump admitted he didn't pay his taxes?' 'Well, I don't know but when you've got the clinton foundation (and you can fill in the rest of the bullshit)'.
Another reason to hate Erin Burnett. She should've taken control of her show and kicked his ass out. He was being rude.

Boke1879

Maybe if he repeats he won enough, it will come true? I'm sure the major media outlets will help sell it if it begins gaining traction.

Most places gave the win to Hillary. Most people believe Hillary won. That's not going to change just because Donald says it a lot.

At this point I blame CNN more for giving these Trump surrogates never-ending airtime more than I blame the surrogates themselves.

Kid Heart

This speech seems like he is basically just regurgitating his debate talking points without someone there to actually call him out on his lies. :/

Link

The Autumn Wind
Another reason to hate Erin Burnett. She should've taken control of her show and kicked his ass out. He was being rude.
Its not just Erin Burnett, it's everyone on CNN. They let these trump surrogates control the conversation, and according to them, Donald Trymp has never done anything wrong ever and Hillary Clinton is the most horrible criminal liar to ever exist.

And btw, Boris Epshteyn is the worst of them all. He looks like he enjoys choking hookers.

rodvik

Peter "I am on record as supporting terrorists" King by any chance?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Most places gave the win to Hillary. Most people believe Hillary won. That's not going to change just because Donald says it a lot.
This country is full of morons. This strategy has been working for him for well over a year now.

BiggNife

Here, let me take you into the mind of the typical undecided voter in 2016:

"Boy, I sure want to vote for the candidate who isn't a pants-suit wearing shrill harpy because he's got the right ideas about those damn blacks and Mexicans, but I don't think it's socially acceptable to admit it to a pollster yet. Maybe I should keep holding out until it is."

Then they go in the booth where no one can see them and vote for that dickhead Trump any fuckin' way.
hasn't the silent majority argument kind of been proven to not really be true, though?

It wasn't true in the primaries. Most undecideds actually went with Cruz and Rubio Iirc.

Boke1879

This country is full of morons. This strategy has been working for him for well over a year now.

Except people watched live, new stations played Trumps most vile shit today. I mean that just doesn't change. Trump yelling that he won doesn't suddenly change that. Of course his base thinks he won, but by and large. No one else does. That was a horrible performance.

The best part is after his numbers went up the GOP decided it would be okay to stick with him so if he starts getting destroyed again they're all fucked.

Anti-vegetarians are actually 10x more annoying than vegetarians once again:

Here's a Change.com petition:

If you want a meat-free meal at In-N-Out, you’re going to be stuck eating multiple orders of French fries or a cheese-slathered bun. In-N-Out has been letting its fans down by failing to serve anything that would satisfy a burger-loving customer who wants a healthy, humane, and sustainable option.

Burger chains nationwide have been getting huge returns from meat alternatives, and In-N-Out could do the same. Chipotle has vegan sofritas, Whitecastle has veggie sliders--even fast-food kingpin Burger King has the BK Veggie!

The push for plant-based meats is growing, with Millennials leading the charge and backing up their desire to support ethical companies with a whopping $200 billion in annual buying power. Before customers can let their money do the talking, there has to be a meat-free option to spend it on. So please use your voice to tell the execs at In-N-Out that a veggie burger deserves a place on the menu!

As a company that prides itself on both customer satisfaction and ethical business practices, adding a meat-free option is a no-brainer. And by making this single addition, In-N-Out would be making a huge statement that it truly cares about its customers health and the health of the planet. Please sign our petition and tell In-N-Out it’s time for a meatless main course!

Seems fine, whatever.

https://www.change.org/p/put-a-veggie-burger-on-the-menu-at-in-n-out

Here was the response:

When I opened Facebook, I found a message directing me to eat a very sensitive part of the male anatomy between two slices of bread and expressing the fervent hope that I would soon get run over.

That was one of dozens of vile Facebook screeds calling me: un-American, a fascist, a moron, delusional, an imbecile, fanatical, disgusting, disgraceful, a control freak sociopath, and the worst part of the human race.

One person said that “the government needs to investigate” my organization for fraud. Another wrote, “I will do everything in my power to put you out of business.”

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-byrd-veggie-burder-in-n-out-20160926-snap-story.html

Really though, vegetarian organizations are politically naive and dumb from my experience and way, way too white, but are significantly less annoying than anti-vegetarians.

BiggNife

If you believe something Donald Trump says on Twitter then you weren't going to be swayed no matter what

What matters is that literally everyone in the media - CNN, MSNBC, even fucking Fox News! - says Clinton won. THAT is what they'll listen to.

At this point I blame CNN more for giving these Trump surrogates never-ending airtime more than I blame the surrogates themselves.

Their gameplan is so transparent. They babble and run out the clock so the other side cannot talk. In the media segments that is cable news runs there is no way to stop this.

Tamanon

Banned
Stop and frisk isn't fucking constitutional you god damn sentient orange enema.

It was funny, we were having a discussion at work today about the debate. One guy was anti-Hillary because she was against due process, so he was voting for Trump.

I brought up the concept of stop-and-frisk and the Constitution and he had no real idea about how to keep arguing.

Never mind that his whole due process kick was because of the Terrorist Watch List which Trump supported, lol.

Link

The Autumn Wind
If you believe something Donald Trump says on Twitter then you weren't going to be swayed no matter what

What matters is that literally everyone in the media - CNN, MSNBC, even fucking Fox News! - says Clinton won. THAT is what they'll listen to.
That's just Crooked Hillary's biggest weapon: the disgusting mainstream media. Wake up, sheeple! Haven't you seen all the polls showing that Trump won big league?

hasn't the silent majority argument kind of been proven to not really be true, though?

It wasn't true in the primaries. Most undecideds actually went with Cruz and Rubio Iirc.

I don't know that the typical GOP primary voter and the typical general election voter are of the same makeup. I'm not sure that this is a comparison that can be fairly drawn.

But I'm open to being proven wrong!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I swear, never change guys..the difference in this thread before and after the debates is unbelievably funny.

my bed is forever dry damn it!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The media believes Clinton has won and so do most people so Trump is only making himself out to be one gigantic sore loser.

The best thing is they probably think as long as they do this they can continue to fuck up the debates, thus we won't likely see any sort of Obama 2012 bounce back (I mean we knew that already, but it's clear they won't even try.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom