• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've said this before, I think local news is how you best determine how people are going to perceive election stuff. Local news here (Cleveland market) obviously covered it. They covered the CNN poll, said the consensus was Hillary won, and even went out of their way to tell people that online polls are bullshit because you can vote multiple times.

BUT

They coined the phrase "Trumptusinteruptus" and did an entire segment on the number of times Trump interrupted Hillary. They showed clips of it that made Trump look like a dick. They then went and interviewed professional women who basically said "Ya. We're used to this because men do this to us all the time. And every time Trump did it, it was a reminder of every time a man does this." :)

Univision was pretty good tonight, too.

Top story: "Hillary dominates presidential debate." Features graphic with Trump repeatedly failing their "lie detector."

Second story: "Miss Universe under attack." Alicia Machado sitting with Jorge Ramos repeating the "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping" quotes.

First ad at the break: Hillary ad full of nasty Trump quotes about latinos and immigrants. Unless it was aimed at southern Indiana, I assume it is a national buy, since I live in Louisville.

Final ad at the first break: PSA urging people to vote.

Boke1879

Univision was pretty good tonight, too.

Top story: "Hillary dominates presidential debate." Features graphic with Trump repeatedly failing their "lie detector."

Second story: "Miss Universe under attack." Alicia Machado sitting with Jorge Ramos repeating the "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping" quotes.

First ad at the break: Hillary ad full of nasty Trump quotes about latinos and immigrants. Unless it was aimed at southern Indiana, I assume it is a national buy, since I live in Louisville.

Final ad at the first break: PSA urging people to vote.

It begins.

I think we're seeing another example of how Trump doesn't have a functional campaign. They had no rapid response ready, and they're letting all of their surrogates come up with their own shit.

What your spin should have been was "Look, Hillary has been a failed politician for 30 years. Of course you in the media like what she's saying. You've heard it all before. Donald Trump was a truth teller last night, and you don't know how to deal with that. The American people do, and that's why we'll win in November."

It's total bullshit, but at least you're not dropping stupid shit like what they've been doing today. Of course, that would require your candidate to stay on message so whatever.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Second debate will be fun. I'm sure the lesson Trump will take away from this is he was too defensive and needs to go on the attack more, not that he was underprepared and unhinged.

In an exercise to remove the stigma I feel when discussing Donald Trump, I inadvertently turned my musings of the demonic Hair Mouse into a full-fledged short story.

I feel alive. I have taken his power away by imagining him a puppet of a horrible rodent. The elephant fears the mouse, indeed.
Can't wait to read it to my child!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Excuse me

They really need to stop

Yeah, okay. "Purposefully."

Yeah, the argument now is that he was trying to be nice?

I dunno, it's going to be hilarious when he tries to be meaner at the Town Hall.

Now Hillary looks like the nerd and he lowered expectations for the second debate.

Yeah that's a thing that makes sense.

He's literally using the same excuse children use, "I meant to do that."

He's actually probably referencing Trump refusing to bring up Bill's infidelity, not actual important questions from the debate.

I think we're seeing another example of how Trump doesn't have a functional campaign. They had no rapid response ready, and they're letting all of their surrogates come up with their own shit.

What your spin should have been was "Look, Hillary has been a failed politician for 30 years. Of course you in the media like what she's saying. You've heard it all before. Donald Trump was a truth teller last night, and you don't know how to deal with that. The American people do, and that's why we'll win in November."

It's total bullshit, but at least you're not dropping stupid shit like what they've been doing today. Of course, that would require your candidate to stay on message so whatever.
I bet Clinton's camp had plenty of spin talking points ready in case she did poorly at the debate. We'll never hear any of it but they're prepared for any outcome.

Will Trump (or his handlers) even write a concession speech? It seems his entire campaign's m.o. is just assume the best will always happen and do the bare minimum to take advantage of it, if that. There have been plenty of stumbles from the Clinton campaign or in world events that a competent campaign would be attacking Clinton/Obama for but he blows it every time. Other than that they seem to believe shouting "make America great again" will be enough to win and there's no two ways around it.

Boke1879

I bet Clinton's camp had plenty of spin talking points ready in case she did poorly at the debate. We'll never hear any of it but they're prepared for any outcome.

Will Trump (or his handlers) even write a concession speech? It seems his entire campaign's m.o. is just assume the best will always happen and do the bare minimum to take advantage of it, if that. There have been plenty of stumbles from the Clinton campaign or in world events that a competent campaign would be attacking Clinton/Obama for but he blows it every time. Other than that they seem to believe shouting "make America great again" will be enough to win and there's no two ways around it.

You see. I'm not sure Trump would write a concession Speech.

I'm sure Clinton will and she should. She's tempting fate if she doesn't.

If I had to venture a guess, the "Hillary did shit" spin was going to be that she over prepared. Clinton surrogates were planting a bit of that in Chuck Todd's ear last night before the debate. And then, he went on the air with that afterwards, while everyone else seemed to get the updated talking points. So, that's my guess.

NeoXChaos

You see. I'm not sure Trump would write a concession Speech.

I'm sure Clinton will and she should. She's tempting fate if she doesn't.

What would the Clinton campaign write in a concession speech? It would really be teeth wrinching Al Gore like delivering it knowing Obama is going to be replaced by" white nationalism.

Hey I have someone on Twitter who was surprised to learn that Russia Today is state-sponsored propaganda, and is now asking me to suggest alternative high-quality Russian media that isn't state-sponsored. Any suggestions? I'd kinda like to know myself, actually... is there any, or did Putin really shut everything down?

More like would Donald Trump even give a concession speech?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Love how the Clinton campaign is taking Trump's stuff from last night and turning it into attacks on the lower- and middle-class. This needs to be a constant theme for the rest of the way.

what's a good political podcast to listen to about the debate

I think Slate's Poltical Gabfest is good. I think the NYT The Run-Up is fine. And, I haven't listened to it yet, but Radio Free GOP is an ok conservative bent podcast.

I think Keeping it 1600 is bad, but I keep listening to it for some reason, and 538 is, well, it's 538...

Kayleigh McEnany is calling herself an eating machine, trying to spin this Miss Universe story. It's hilarious and everyone is basically laughing at her

pigeon

Banned
Hey I have someone on Twitter who was surprised to learn that Russia Today is state-sponsored propaganda, and is now asking me to suggest alternative high-quality Russian media that isn't state-sponsored. Any suggestions? I'd kinda like to know myself, actually... is there any, or did Putin really shut everything down?

It's a police state. There are no alternative media sources.

User1608

Banned
Kayleigh McEnany is calling herself an eating machine, trying to spin this Miss Universe story. It's hilarious and everyone is basically laughing at her
Absolutely pathetic. I'm really embarrassed for her even though she's an idiot and an asshole. Sinking to these lows to defend Trump, really.

mo60

Love how the Clinton campaign is taking Trump's stuff from last night and turning it into attacks on the lower- and middle-class. This needs to be a constant theme for the rest of the way.

I hope they use the part were he said that’s called business, by the way in response to an accusation hilary made about him rooting for the 2008 meltdown.

SexyFish

Banned
If Trump dares to further attack Machado he can hurt his numbers with women and Latinos (and the general public, too) at the same time.

Fucking lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom