• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's a good political podcast to listen to about the debate

The Run-Up is rather good and middle of the road.

Radio Free GOP leans right, but is solid. Keeping It 1600 is good for some campaign insight, but their regulars are firmly in Hillary's camp and they don't hide it. They had Jeb! former communications guy on for their debate show though, so he's leans them back a bit towards center.

NPR Politics feels a bit toothless to me, but YMMV.

mo60

If Trump dares to further attack Machado he can hurt his numbers with women and Latinos (and the general public, too) at the same time.

Fucking lovely.
It's probably going to be a repeat of what happened to him when he attacked Mr Khan and his family if he attacks her further.

Joeytj

Banned
If Trump dares to further attack Machado he can hurt his numbers with women and Latinos (and the general public, too) at the same time.

Fucking lovely.

It definitely galvanized Latino Hillary supporters, I'll tell you that. My entire latino extended family was sharing the hell out of that video with the Machado story. The "Ms. Housekeeping" remark inflamed them especially.

Link

The Autumn Wind

Fucking lovely.
It was definitely Hillary'a best trap card since the Khans. I wonder how long she's been keeping that one in the chamber.

Iolo

It was definitely Hillary'a best trap card since the Khans. I wonder how long she's been keeping that one in the chamber.

There have been a few stories on Machado in the past year. She even appears in the Washington Post's book on Trump (saying "I can't believe that piece of shit could become President"). So you know they were saving it up for the time of max efficacy.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Absolutely pathetic. I'm really embarrassed for her even though she's an idiot and an asshole. Sinking to these lows to defend Trump, really.

That's the problem with her and Jeffrey Lord- they try to defend every single thing, even when they have to twist and deflect ridiculous amounts. No Trump statement or action is ever a misstep to them.

If they picked their battles a little better, they could come across a lot more credible rather than being the laughing stock of the panel.

Rachel is on point tonight.

On Trump's performance:

Every comma was an opportunity to change direction, because the beginning of a sentence wasn't going anywhere.

Link

The Autumn Wind
That's the problem with her and Jeffrey Lord- they try to defend every single thing, even when they have to twist and deflect ridiculous amounts. No Trump statement or action is ever a misstep to them.

If they picked their battles a little better, they could come across a lot more credible rather than being the laughing stock of the panel.
They literally all do this. If it's something that they don't have a defense for, they'll just go with "But Hillary..."

Teggy

Trump had a bum mic, yet his mic was sensitive enough to catch his breathing while he was leaning back.

I heard him explain this - his claim was that the microphone wasn't broadcasting to the audience in the hall. 1) no one else has claimed this. 2) what difference would that make?

What is Plouffe saying? Gimme dat Hopium.

OTOH:

- Gingrich is nuts (anti-intelectualism) - "off his rockers".

- Thinks she's going to win OH and IO.

- PA is off the table, margin from Phili is going to be too big

- Trump's debate performance is one of the worst in modern history, disaster is he repeats that performance in the 2nd debate

Debirudog

OTOH:

- Trump's debate performance is one of the worst in modern history, disaster is he repeats that performance in the 2nd debate

*smokes some good hopium*

So in terms of unreleased oppo or dramatic twists for the final stretch, what do you guys expect? A neverending parade of stiffed contractors and cheated students from Trump U. and the Trump Institute? Renters who were discriminated against? Trump indictment for tax evasion? Russians see the writing on the wall and leak Don's embarrassing tax returns as a peace offering to Hillary?

HylianTom

Banned
OTOH:

And the unspoken conclusion is: if VA is off the table along with PA, Trump's math is impossible.

I hope that Trump earnestly, deeply believes that he "won" last night. He'd have no impetus to alter his debate strategy, and Debate #2 would be a disaster.

OTOH:

Didn't Gingrich go to an Ivy League school?

thcsquad

Has anyone created a gif with Hillary's shimmy inserted into the shaq vs cat gif? My searches keep coming up short, and I'm very disappointed at the internet.

Dany

Banned
Has anyone created a gif with Hillary's shimmy inserted into the shaq vs cat gif? My searches keep coming up short, and I'm very disappointed at the internet.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom