• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayme

No see because she has an excellent track record dealing with unstable power-hungry mad-men on the world stage. So she'd have been a perfect fit for defusing that awful situation.

...that's probably what he's going for, there. With the. With the shirt.

...I mean really; what's the alternative? That-

:(

Boke1879

I mean, it's alright. I'm not the target demo of this ad, though.

It's a nationwide ad. Michelle Obama is popular and it probably does just enough when someone like Michelle is propping up Hillary.

It's all gonna come together when obama is stumping for her publicly and cutting ads for her as well.

Gruco

Banned
The Choice 2016 is up on Frontline.

Just starting it, but give it my strongest preemptive recommendation. Their election docs are always stellar.

royalan

Oh man, Lawrence O Donnell going in.

Just equated "She deserves it" to spousal abuse. Got damn. JESUS. Y'all watch this shit if you can.

He's been on fire with these intros this election. Mostly because he pulls no punches.

He's one of the few on TV who know and believe that it is not partisan or biased to call Trump out for being a moron. Because he IS a moron.

EDIT: Speaking of...where IS Rosie O'Donnell? Surprised she's been as quiet as she has.

Well I'm happy, the big ass Trump sign that I had to drive past each day (and couldn't visually avoid since my dynamic vision always honed in on it) randomly is gone today. I didn't drive past it since Friday, but I'd like to think it got taken down last night/early this morning, or someone more unhinged then me just ripped it up.

teiresias

I'm in this hotel restaurant/bar and everyone is talking about and mocking the entire "I'm smart to not pay my taxes" bit.

Granted, I'm in Sacramento, but still everyone is just riffing on it.

Lawrence O'Donnell ethering Trump big time, breaking last night down. Edit: Beaten!
Speaking of the term "ether", can some of you guys try to get more of the political establishment to understand the term? I had a tough time at a Tim Kaine rally trying to explain it to some of the people I was standing next to...

He's been on fire with these intros this election. Mostly because he pulls no punches.

He's one of the few on TV who know and believe that it is not partisan or biased to call Trump out for being a moron. Because he IS a moron.

EDIT: Speaking of...where IS Rosie O'Donnell? Surprised she's been as quiet as she has.
She was active on Twitter. And I thought she said she was going to be somewhere on Thursday, but I may have not understood what she was getting at.
Any links to today's brilliant take downs or best clips?
You owe it to yourself to find the introduction Lawrence O'Donnell just did. It was a brutal take down of Trump and his entire campaign. Like, it was amazing.

HylianTom

Banned

Teggy

Speaking of the term "ether", can some of you guys try to get more of the political establishment to understand the term? I had a tough time at a Tim Kaine rally trying to explain it to some of the people I was standing next to...

What, they didn't understand "that stuff that makes you soul burn slow?"

If we're really re-doing the 90s, bringing back Seinfeld, Will & Grace, and Thursday night Must-See TV wouldn't break my heart one bit.
Can I has TGIF?

CtYJciXWIAI2NF_.jpg

Piecake

For the first time in its 126-year history, the Arizona Republic has endorsed a Democratic candidate for president.

The paper's editorial board said Hillary Clinton is "the only choice to move America ahead."

"Since The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles," the paper's editorial board wrote. "This year is different."

The editorial said Clinton's temperament and experience prepares her for office, while it questioned Trump for not releasing his tax returns, asking "whose hand do you want on the nuclear button?"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/09/the-arizona-republic-endorses-hillary-clinton-228818

Another conservative leaning newspaper in a swing state endorses Clinton

Here is why these might actually be important (possibly)

Do newspaper endorsements matter?

Not everyone thinks so. In a 2008 study by the Pew Research Center, 69 percent of respondents said a newspaper endorsement had “no effect” on their vote.

But a research paper published in the National Bureau of Economic Research that year found an exception: When they were unexpected. For example, if a conservative editorial board endorsed a Democrat or a liberal editorial board endorsed a Republican.

http://time.com/4495371/newspaper-endorsements-2016-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-gary-johnson/

shem935

Banned
Like what does fully prep at this point mean? Understand every subject related to the office of the presidency with a deep enough understanding to speak on it knowledgeably in front of millions of people? Impossible without an already extensive base of knowledge to build off of. It would be like taking a pleb off the street and trying to cram for the bar in 2 weeks.

Like what does fully prep at this point mean? Understand every subject related to the office of the presidency with a deep enough understanding to speak on it knowledgeably in front of millions of people? Impossible without an already extensive base of knowledge to build off of. It would be like taking a pleb off the street and trying to cram for the bar in 2 weeks.

He could start by learning his own policies. Oh wait, he has none.

ampere

Michelle + Positivity = Winning.

Yea, I like that ad. Michelle is bringing the positive, and Barack is bringing the ferocity "if you don't vote, it's an insult to my legacy"

I really need to volunteer this week. I'm such a hermit, but I really need to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom