• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
My take: if Hillary wins, we get the Senate. Even if it's 50-50.

I want the biggest margin possible, but have to admit that barely taking the Senate and then going nukey-nukey with SCOTUS would be one of the best possible Entertainment Outcomes.

Looking at some of the crosstabs from Echelon's numbers.

Dems lead the generic congressional ballot by 4.8%

Hillary's favorables at 43/45
Trump's favorables at 36/52 (9/82 among African American voters)

Equal numbers of 18-29 year olds streamed the debate as watched it on broadcast TV.
18% of republicans thought Hillary won the debate.

Hillary wins leadership 54/45.
Hillary wins experience 66/34
Hillary wins honesty 50/49
Hillary wins compassion 66/34.
Hillary wins knowledge 66/34.
Hillary wins temperament 65/34

Trump wins toughness 58/41
Trump wins straight talk 50/49 (This is surprising, I think?)

Also, this is interesting. They asked people if they think the debate will make people change their minds and
Vote for Hillary (34)
Vote for Trump (19)
Or not change minds (47).

52% of republicans said it won't change minds, while 11% said more likely to vote Hillary and 36% more likely to vote Trump.

36% of democrats said it won't change minds, while 56% think it will make people more likely to vote Hillary, and 7% more likely to vote Trump.

I think that's interesting, because it shows democrats were a lot happier with the debate than the GOP was GOP is praying for a wash.

They will win the senate in this election, but barely probably.
Even 50 is fine. Just to pass SCOTUS nominees. Hell, Hillary could be inaugurated, get her 3 justices in and resign the day after they were confirmed and I'd consider it a successful presidency at this point. It's the only way democrats will survive the GOP having the presidency and both chambers of congress from 2020-2028.
More hopium! This might have actually been the worst-polled debate ever. Obama getting rocked vs Romney technically takes the crown looked extra bad in statistics because a lot of Democrats were self-aware enough to know he got slammed (and admit it).

Zeeman

Looking at some of the crosstabs from Echelon's numbers.

Dems lead the generic congressional ballot by 4.8%

Hillary's favorables at 43/45
Trump's favorables at 36/52 (9/82 among African American voters)

Equal numbers of 18-29 year olds streamed the debate as watched it on broadcast TV.
18% of republicans thought Hillary won the debate.

Hillary wins leadership 54/45.
Hillary wins experience 66/34
Hillary wins honesty 50/49
Hillary wins compassion 66/34.
Hillary wins knowledge 66/34.
Hillary wins temperament 65/34

Trump wins toughness 58/41
Trump wins straight talk 50/49 (This is surprising, I think?)

Also, this is interesting. They asked people if they think the debate will make people change their minds and
Vote for Hillary (34)
Vote for Trump (19)
Or not change minds (47).

52% of republicans said it won't change minds, while 11% said more likely to vote Hillary and 36% more likely to vote Trump.

36% of democrats said it won't change minds, while 56% think it will make people more likely to vote Hillary, and 7% more likely to vote Trump.

I think that's interesting, because it shows democrats were a lot happier with the debate than the GOP was GOP is praying for a wash.

Those favourability numbers for HRC have to be among the best she's had in any poll, right?

mo60

Even 50 is fine. Just to pass SCOTUS nominees. Hell, Hillary could be inaugurated, get her 3 justices in and resign the day after they were confirmed and I'd consider it a successful presidency at this point. It's the only way democrats will survive the GOP having the presidency and both chambers of congress from 2020-2028.

Not happening unless they have a reagen or Nixon like candidate waiting in the wings in 4 years.Hilary may struggle a bit in 2020 but she most likely will win that election.

It's the only way democrats will survive the GOP having the presidency and both chambers of congress from 2020-2028.

Nah, I doubt they get the presidency any time soon. This was probably the last year they could have potentially gotten over the incoming serious electoral college issues they're going to have going forward unless they make serious platform changes towards minorities and young people.

Zukkoyaki

Mike Pence refuses to give right to vote (and other privileges that come from not being listed as a felon) back to black man who deserved a decade in prison for a crime he didn't commit (because Mike Pence hates black people).

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/...ont-act-on-par?utm_term=.rvJZ45d3V#.uwyWvPkVq

I didn't know that Kaine was a discrimination lawyer until a few days ago and now this. My god I may actually watch the VP debate now because it's going to be a bloodbath!

OMG I just realized something that might make 2020's election crazy.

The census is that year and 2010 already had some fever swamps with the black helicopters.

Cerium

I didn't know that Kaine was a discrimination lawyer until a few days ago and now this. My god I may actually watch the VP debate now because it's going to be a bloodbath!

Pence is no slouch either, he's a former radio talk show host. I expect it to be hard fought and closely contested.

Wilsongt

I'm the most anti-gun person you'll ever meet, but I'm wholly for better mental health care and support services.

Also ban guns.

However, if the shooter is not white, the motive rapidly veers in a direction away from mental illness.

Still, fuck anyone who would shoot a child in a school.

Holmes

You're both 80 and a crying girl? Witch!!?
Calling me out on my shit? Bold.

tumblr_inline_o5lseovUU71qgw7nh_500.gif

NeoXChaos

Even 50 is fine. Just to pass SCOTUS nominees. Hell, Hillary could be inaugurated, get her 3 justices in and resign the day after they were confirmed and I'd consider it a successful presidency at this point. It's the only way democrats will survive the GOP having the presidency and both chambers of congress from 2020-2028.More hopium! This might have actually been the worst-polled debate ever. Obama getting rocked vs Romney technically takes the crown looked extra bad in statistics because a lot of Democrats were self-aware enough to know he got slammed (and admit it).

Unfortunately, 39 states with 88 percent of the population don’t elect governors in presidential years, meaning Democrats have to contend with midterm and odd-year electorates that are typically dramatically whiter, older, richer, and thus more Republican. Sadly, none of the most important states for congressional redistricting elects its governor in 2020. Even worse, midterm elections are often a backlash to the party in control of the White House, making Democratic gubernatorial efforts in 2018 potentially treacherous in the likely event that Hillary Clinton wins the 2016 presidential election

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...-up-for-our-next-redistricting-battle-in-2020

Good Luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom