• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Is it just me, or does it seem like the world has woken up from a collective slumber within the last week and realized how close Donald Trump is to being president?

Everyone seems to be unleashing on him. This week looks to eclipse Khan week in terms of bad press.

steveovig

Seth Meyers was right.

57ea20991700004007ac76d8.jpeg

Seth forgot big league and now, cyber

Reuters tracking poll gives Hillary a 49/51 favorable. She briefly got positive in this poll right after the convention. Trump steady at 43/57.

Paches

Is it just me, or does it seem like the world has woken up from a collective slumber within the last week and realized how close Donald Trump is to being president?

Everyone seems to be unleashing on him. This week looks to eclipse Khan week in terms of bad press.

Someone previously mentioned it, but pre-debate his team was doing a good job normalizing him, then his true form revealed itself to the nation during the debates. He couldn't hide anymore.

Zukkoyaki

I get the same feeling but I figured it was going to happen eventually. Couldn't have come a moment too soon.

theultimo

The debates are generally when shit gets real.

Its going to get worse i can imagine.

Forma is on with Chuck.

So I totally forgot about her, She hasn't been used much.

This is the PERFECT time for FORMA to go at Trump. Make him call her Pocahontas again.

In fact, in the next debate, Hillary should bring this up. There's no way Trump looks good in any such exchange.

Boke1879

Something is definitely going on. Real talk though. I think the debate has a lot to do with this. He just isn't fit or prepared to be President. Not to mention he said some awful shit.

I mean shit like this doesn't help him.

I've noticed it too. I think the debate will be seen as the turning point of the election.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Do we have any indication what the Newsweek story might be?

I'm not sure where he has been digging?

Fahrenthold tweeting this I would assume they have him dead to rights on quid pro quo on the Florida AG. But not sure where this might be headed.

it's not turn the crazy to 11 like the facism wow comment earlier, but he also dropped this gem

ABC News PoliticsVerified account
‏@ABCPolitics
.@realDonaldTrump: Clinton takes "all those days off" and then "she can't even make it to her car."

Trump can't stand the way he got beta'd on the stage in front of nearly 100 million people. He's in runaway train mode.

Paches

it's not turn the crazy to 11 like the facism wow comment earlier, but he also dropped this gem

‏@ABCPolitics
.@realDonaldTrump: Clinton takes "all those days off" and then "she can't even make it to her car."

Trump can't stand the way he got beta'd on the stage in front of nearly 100 million people. He's in runaway train mode.

He is off the leash again

‏@ABCPolitics

Haha Conway is probably losing her mind.

‏@ABCPolitics

On the other hand, Trump can't make it through a complete and coherent sentence.

mo60

‏@ABCPolitics

Trump's starting to go back to his old ways after the debate.

Is he talking about the fainting incident on 9/11?

Yep.

I continue to be confused by the white leftist hate for Jewish people. Where does it arise from? I know the history of why some black liberals in America are anti-Semitic, but the guys like Glenn Greenwald confuse me. It feels like criticism of Israeli human rights violations in Gaza or wherever is just a smokescreen for something deeper, but I can't pinpoint historically where this sort of weird thinking arises.

Boke1879

I continue to be confused by the white leftist hate for Jewish people. Where does it arise from? I know the history of why some black liberals in America are anti-Semitic, but the guys like Glenn Greenwald confuse me. It feels like criticism of Israeli human rights violations in Gaza or wherever is just a smokescreen for something deeper, but I can't pinpoint historically where this sort of weird thinking arises.

I legit think it comes from people believing all jews secretly run the world.

Now is a great time to have Warren hit the new circuit though. Trump won't be able to contain himself.

Glenn Greenwald is Jewish too.

It's fucking strange. He continues to hire obvious anti-Semitic reporters who peddle ridiculous ideas about "Antisemitism is over" and "Actually, Hezbollah is good."

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I legit think it comes from people believing all jews secretly run the world.

Now is a great time to have Warren hit the new circuit though. Trump won't be able to contain himself.

This is a really good call. A good Pocahontas related meltdown on Twitter would be fantastic.

Antisemitism, like most bigotry, is based out of some sort of primal need to identify an "other" that you can vilify to feel better about yourself. Jews have often been portrayed as greedy, trying to siphon money away from the wider community and only share it with other Jews. It's just more nonsense about "I'm not doing as well as I feel I should be doing, but it couldn't possibly be my fault; it must be because of <x>" which allows people to deflect from their own failings. It's just been going on for a loooooooong time with regard to Jews because they've almost exclusively been a minority population for most of the thousands of years the religion has existed, and it's always easier to deflect your problems onto a population that is less able to fight back.

The emperor was actually naked the whole time.

Antisemitism, like most bigotry, is based out of some sort of primal need to identify an "other" that you can vilify to feel better about yourself. Jews have often been portrayed as greedy, trying to siphon money away from the wider community and only share it with other Jews. It's just more nonsense about "I'm not doing as well as I feel I should be doing, but it couldn't possibly be my fault; it must be because of <x>" which allows people to deflect from their own failings. It's just been going on for a loooooooong time with regard to Jews because they've almost exclusively been a minority population for most of the thousands of years the religion has existed, and it's always easier to deflect your problems onto a population that is less able to fight back.

I mean, I am bummed that this sort of absurd othering is a thing for people who are actual self-identified leftists here in 2016. I was hoping there'd be something more to it than the typical logic that gets bandied around by the attendants at a Trump rally, I guess.

Anyway, everyone else who posted in response thanks, and I did forget that Greenwald was Jewish. Greenwald has totally lost touch with reality, though, in a way that is much like a terrible car wreck in that I am both repulsed and fascinated by it at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom