• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's stories like the Newsweek ones that honestly make me wonder what Ivanka thinks during this whole thing. We know she's smart-ish and doesn't seem as overwhelmingly scummy as her brothers. We know that Kushner seems like a smart guy who isn't afraid to take charge.

I wonder what it's like for the whole world to constantly reveal to you that your father is a lying, corrupt trash person.
Clearly not uncomfortable enough to separate yourself from his disgusting business practices and politics.

She deserves everything she gets after continuing to stand by her father's side in every conceivable way.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump Campaign Statement:

This is yet another desperate attempt by the Clinton Campaign to deflect and distract from the undeniable truth that the 33,000 emails she DELETED from her PERSONAL server held evidence that she did business in Cuba through her PAY-4-PLAY Clinton Foundation.

Tell me this isn't the real fucking statement.

User1608

Banned

This is yet another desperate attempt by the Clinton Campaign to deflect and distract from the undeniable truth that the 33,000 emails she DELETED from her PERSONAL server held evidence that she did business in Cuba through her PAY-4-PLAY Clinton Foundation.
Very weak.

Sad.

*Lol I fell for it.

Tell me this isn't the real fucking statement.
From what I can tell, it's not.
Did that gay intern who spent hours researching this material finally smile that it's all finally being used?

If not, I would be surprised.

Oh, he gave a little smile, but he got more, gurl. He got more.

CtfFs7rUMAEYW4P.jpg
He can't even take a mild critique from Bill without being EVERYONE LOVED WHAT I DID.

Holmes

This story is better than the previous Newsweek story, which was a mess. This one is simple and clean. Spending money in Cuba was illegal, Trump did it, used a third party to hide it, and then lied about it.

royalan

I was about to post a gif expressing how funny I thought it was that you guys thought that was a real statement...

...but now I'm sad that the nominee for one of our two major parties is so inept that people have to second guess whether or not a statement that ridiculous is real. :(

ericexpo

I heard those emails also had the cure for cancer.

I was about to post a gif expressing how funny I thought it was that you guys thought that was a real statement...

...but now I'm sad that the nominee for one of our two major parties is so inept that people have to second guess whether or not a statement that ridiculous is real. :(

Just wait, it won't be far off.

teiresias

Concerning the complaint about what the hell were his primary opponents doing in terms of oppo research, would this Cuba stuff have even made a difference in the primary giving its electorate? I'm inclined to say no, but may be wrong.

Boke1879

Concerning the complaint about what the hell were his primary opponents doing in terms of oppo research, would this Cuba stuff have even made a difference in the primary giving its electorate? I'm inclined to say no, but may be wrong.

Not even sure, but right now. This definitely puts Florida in an interesting position. If this gets a bit of play I'd love to see how Marco would respond to this.

Gruco

Banned

Well, he did win Florida.

I actually like Johnson, but man, that is a mindbogglingly bad flub for a presidential candidate to make. Granted, people voting for him are voting for him because of his domestic policies, many of which I agree with, but still, literally all you're doing is running a presidential campaign and you can't take the time to educate yourself about world politics?

Edit: tbh, I suspect that eugenics, albeit a non-racial form of the idea (and probably with a new name), probably will make its way back into popular discourse sometime in the 21st Century. Once we have gotten to a certain level of skill in terms of genetic manipulation, people are going to turn those ideas inward, instead of simply modifying other organisms.

Emarv

i don't see the usual reporters on twitter going big with the Newsweek story yet...maybe they're waiting for the full details to be released?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
i don't see the usual reporters on twitter going big with the Newsweek story yet...maybe they're waiting for the full details to be released?

I believe the author had said it would be released tomorrow.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Not even sure, but right now. This definitely puts Florida in an interesting position. If this gets a bit of play I'd love to see how Marco would respond to this.
Patrick Murphy needs to use this to put Rubio between a rock and a hard place.

Hate to burst the bubble. The Cubans(45+) that already support Trump don't give a shit about this because they already see Obama doing the greater evil of opening up the Embargo. The Cuban-Americans(first generation,<45) who support Hillary have wanted the Embargo removed for fucking ever. We always hated Castro because of what he did to our family members but always found the embargo completely pointless. My entire family is Cuban and I've lived in Miami my entire life, the only way that this will hurt Trump in the Cuban community is if he steps in it by making a positive comment about Castro or that island when asked about this. Or if the news starts making "the communist connection" by saying he loves Putin and wanted to do business with Castro.

I'll be watching Spanish television tonight to see if it makes it on here. I'll also pass by Versailles, where Trump was recently, tomorrow as well to see if there are any news vans outside which will inevtivably bring the Cuban protesters(they love being on TV).

I actually like Johnson, but man, that is a mindbogglingly bad flub for a presidential candidate to make. Granted, people voting for him are voting for him because of his domestic policies, many of which I agree with, but still, literally all you're doing is running a presidential campaign and you can't take the time to educate yourself about world politics?

Edit: tbh, I suspect that eugenics, albeit a non-racial form of the idea (and probably with a new name), probably will make its way back into popular discourse sometime in the 21st Century. Once we have gotten to a certain level of skill in terms of genetic manipulation, people are going to turn those ideas inward, instead of simply modifying other organisms.

For me it's not about his lack of world knowledge, it's the fact that when you put any pressure on him, he folds faster than Superman on laundry day.

He just crumbles. I have a hard time imagining him functioning in any sort of stressful situation.

Paskil

Roy Moore about to finally get fucked sideways.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/u...moore-battles-latest-ethics-charges.html?_r=0

The trial this time centered on a four-page administrative order that the chief justice sent out in January to the state’s 68 probate judges, informing them of their “ministerial duty” not to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

This directive came eight months after a federal judge issued an order to the exact contrary and more than seven months after the United States Supreme Court found marriage a constitutional right for same-sex couples. The Southern Poverty Law Center filed a series of complaints, and in May the state’s Judicial Inquiry Commission, an oversight body, filed charges on six counts of violating the state canon of judicial ethics. Chief Justice Moore was suspended pending the outcome of this trial.

Holmes

Maybe. But Florida was a winner-take-all state, so even if this story shaved off a good chunk of support from him, he still would've taken all the delegates. But also, Rubio pretty much had near-unanimous support from Cubans in the state primary anyway, so... whatever.

Boke1879

&#8207;@frankthorp
Trump in Waukesha: "If we don't win it will be one of the biggest wastes of time, energy and money, certainly for me..."

It's just a waste of time to him if he loses guys. It's just something he did and if he doesn't win it's a waste.

&#8207;@frankthorp
Trump in Waukesha: "If we don't win it will be one of the biggest wastes of time, energy and money, certainly for me..."

His hotels and properties have seen a very obvious decline in revenues since his candidacy began.

When this election is over Trump's brand is going to be destroyed.

yes, he will still have the hardcore supporters. But his revenue streams will be reduced so greatly and he will know he is a huge fucking loser. And I will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom