• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey
urban-meyer-threw-his-headset-during-the-sugar-bowl.gif

No.

As much as I appreciate what Urban Meyer did to Alabama a couple years ago, I have to blame him for Gary Andersen doing his best to destroy Wisconsin football since Andersen is a former Meyer assistant. Oh well, he's Oregon State's problem now.

Critique:
* Trump's face covers too much of the TIE Fighters, it looks like Finn is pointing at him when he's talking about the "garbage" candidate.
* Bernie's face doesn't stay onscreen long enough to tell what's going on. Instead of just disappearing, it should explode like the ship it's attached to.
* Framerate is awful choppy

Critique:
* Trump's face covers too much of the TIE Fighters, it looks like Finn is pointing at him when he's talking about the "garbage" candidate.
* Bernie's face doesn't stay onscreen long enough to tell what's going on. Instead of just disappearing, it should explode like the ship it's attached to.
* Framerate is awful choppy
Ungrateful little...

Andersen is a former Meyer assistant. Oh well, he's Oregon State's problem now.

Andersen was amazing for us, I get why he didn't work out for Wisconsin (really bad fit) and hope he can turn it around for the Beavers.

If not he's welcome back in Logan :)

studyguy

It's a shame that we have to go back a couple of decades to hit Trump with anything meaningful, I mean WHITEWATER WHITEWATER WHO KILLED VINCE FOSTER!?

Andersen was amazing for us, I get why he didn't work out for Wisconsin (really bad fit) and hope he can turn it around for the Beavers.

If not he's welcome back in Logan :)

If I'm being honest, I actually think he probably will work out for Oregon State, at least relative to the expectations there. You're right though that he was a really bad fit for Wisconsin (and vice versa). I do respect that he pulled the proverbial Band-Aid off before any real damage was done to either side.

The surrogates shouldn't kick around Kurt Eichenwald directly. I feel that's playing with fire and just would give him more airtime/visibility for the story, not to mention have every other journo dogpile on them.

Boke1879

Not even shocked that's the response. It's always deflection and shit like this just keeps it on the spotlight more. Wouldn't be shocked if this got more play tonight or tomorrow

Maengun1

Florida, Nevada, and North Carolina flipping back to light blue on 538 <3 Trash Nate redeemed

And the post debate polls are just starting to roll in

The Ohio State University is an institution I'm not a big fan of (and I was raised in central Ohio FWIW).

Anyhow, this assistant prof who wrote the article is making for too much comedy. So I dug a little deeper and found out he was taking bets on Facebook two days ago:

https://www.facebook.com/glebtsipursky/posts/10153904485196088

We'll see what the final outcome is like in the polls. However, right now I predict that FiveThirtyEight is wrong and that Hillary will not gain in the polls. I'm willing to bet on it if anyone wants to take me up on it - PM me about it :) My hope is to set a precedent for all pundits who make public commentary to make such bets. This is a great mechanism to ensure commitment to your predictions.

He publicly bet $120 in that thread, not sure if he made more bets elsewhere. His bet? That Hillary would not have better odds than 55.4% on 538 a week from Tuesday.

She's already up to 63.3%.

What a maroon.

Also, his intro statement on Facebook? "A science popularizer, scholar, and aspiring effective altruist, I value truth, helpfulness, and cats".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The surrogates shouldn't kick around Kurt Eichenwald directly. I feel that's playing with fire and just would give him more airtime/visibility for the story, not to mention have every other journo dogpile on them.

Newsweek is also threatening to put the receipts directly onto their website, so the Trump surrogates are even dumber than previously thought.

"It is pretty sad that the Clintons need to go back 20 years to attack Trump. Now, about Bill's infidelities..."
"I'd like to bring up Bill's infidelities to let everyone know that our campaign will not stoop low enough to bring up Bill Clinton's infidelities. It'd just be a distraction from the real issues to bring up the 1998 Monica Lewinsky scandal where President Bill Clinton had sexual relations with intern Monica Lewinsky."

aka the Gilbert Gottfried 'Bob Saget Roast' joke.

Dierce

He's stupid lol

I don't think he will listen to his handlers anymore. It is likely that they were the ones that insisted that he 'tone down' during the debate.

Like always, Clinton should just be prepared for anything during the next debate. I have no idea how being 'over-prepared' is a bad thing.

Boke1879

I don't think he will listen to his handlers anymore. It is likely that they were the ones that insisted that he 'tone down' during the debate.

Like always, Clinton should just be prepared for anything during the next debate. I have no idea how being 'over-prepared' is a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing. Especially when you're dealing with someone like Trump.

Piecake

Why threaten to do it, just go ahead and do it. You have the receipts, we have seen the "spin", put that shit up

No, you do that about a week later to keep the story in the news and damage Trump further.

This is how all that bullshit about the emails keeps on coming on. The slow drip hurts

Cyanity

Banned
Kellyanne is going to get fired today isnt she

We can only hope. Kellyanne is the best thing that has happened to the Trump campaign so far, so if they lose her here, there's really nowhere else to go. Seriously though - who could possibly replace her??

edit - (fingers crossed for Sean Hannity)

Trump: Entire debate was a "rigged deal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qoTuhY18z8

Still completely fails to internalize his defeat, and thus is incapable of coming up with a strategy to win the next debate. What an idiot (but we already know that).

I'm pretty sure his campaign people are like "whatever dude, do what you want" while surfing Indeed for their next gig.

Kellyanne's proven her place in the GOP political machine and can bow out now being ahead. I think if the campaign kicked her she wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom